Sign in to follow this  
astast

astast: WIP Thread

Great stuff there astast! Once again I have to say that I love your models.

It reminds me a bit of when I was still into making characters for arma.

Thanks Lennard it means a lot hearing it from you! :)

that is an awesome looking unit you got there... i'm drooling i guess i have to compet with that? ;) I hope i can get my model close to the same quality as your work you are legend bro!

Here is astast PASTG Helmet with a DCU Cover.

I did not work on the Chinstrap yet so it doesnt have any normal details nore textures on it. The piece was simply created to get the right colors down for the DCU, as well as incorporating fabric into the normal map for extra detail.

Image is above 100kb so i put down a link

Nice mate! those textures are awesome! :D

Very nice helmet with the texture on it. Good job guys ;)

those look nice. keep them screens coming. quality stuff:icon14:

Yeah they look good mate. I hate to wear the army issued boots though lol. Pretty good none thenless. Keep up the good work ;)

Yeah they look good mate. I hate to wear the army issued boots though lol. Pretty good none thenless. Keep up the good work ;)

What boots did you get?

What boots did you get?

Issued boots > all. Don't let them try to corrupt you with their Nike SFB ways...

Looking forward to kick some asses with these boots :cool:

lol yea haha :D

also i'm making the APH helmet mainly because it looked awesome :D

http://i7.minus.com/iQsuS0mOAqXbc.png

This is the old strap from my michs which i will remake! it looks bad as fu*k

Looking great as always :)

lol yea haha :D

also i'm making the APH helmet mainly because it looked awesome :D

http://i7.minus.com/iQsuS0mOAqXbc.png

This is the old strap from my michs which i will remake! it looks bad as fu*k

What does look bad? it looks pretty good IMO

Are you going to make the high poly out from this model?

Im going to remake the strap since the back and the strap buckle isn't good enough i might make a high poly of the helmet shell but i will make a high poly of the strap :)

I'm looking forward for your new toys (helmet, boots and co) ;)

I'm looking forward for your new toys (helmet, boots and co) ;)

lol i should make a boots only uniform :D

*EDIT*

I started on the mount today and also made some changes to the helmet shape when looking at it is a high cut very high cut!

Anyway enough talk here it is!:

http://gyazo.com/ad4a30fd289c0871ab1de8cbb6985feb

Edited by astast

Hello! :)

So i havn't been updating this thread for sometime, so sorry about that :P anyway i hope i can make it up to you guys:

http://gyazo.com/479b97bc080c4f48b76efafd272240ad.png

Just wanted to show this since i think it will be great for arma 3 :) also thanks to Yurapetrov for letting me use one of his flir models. you are the man Yura :D

hope this will get you guys excited, there will be more information about this SOC-R in another thread later on.

Best regards astast

That just makes me wonder. I know large vessels might support infantry walking around on top in slow speed, but how about a boat of that size?

Hello! :)

So i havn't been updating this thread for sometime, so sorry about that :P anyway i hope i can make it up to you guys:

http://gyazo.com/479b97bc080c4f48b76efafd272240ad.png

Just wanted to show this since i think it will be great for arma 3 :) also thanks to Yurapetrov for letting me use one of his flir models. you are the man Yura :D

hope this will get you guys excited, there will be more information about this SOC-R in another thread later on.

Best regards astast

This is this http://www.sofrep.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/SOFREP-SWCC-Riverine-Craft.jpg from act of valour right?

Brad, yes that is the one, i think it's called a SOC-R and it is used by SWCC.

Alex, i honestly don't know i might be able to make konyo make the boat like his mh-47e if you ever tried it but no promis :)

Also if anyone have some good refferenc photos of the console like what the driver sees and other details i would really be pleased to see it so we can make this as good as possible :)

Regards astast

Edited by astast

Brad, yes that is the one, i think it's called a SOC-R and it is used by SWCC.

Alex, i honestly don't know i might be able to make konyo make the boat like his mh-47e if you ever tried it but no promis :)

Also if anyone have some good refferenc photos of the console like what the driver sees and other details i would really be pleased to see it so we can me it as good as possible :)

Regards astast

hcpookie made an SOC-R for Arma2 perhaps it would be easier to ask permission to bring the addon into Arma3? Unless he has plans to bring his mods over to Arma3 in the future.

hcpookie made an SOC-R for Arma2 perhaps it would be easier to ask permission to bring the addon into Arma3? Unless he has plans to bring his mods over to Arma3 in the future.

you are right it would, it's just and i don't mean to offend anyone by saying this just stating my point of view, I belive i remember him saying that he edited the RHIB model from arma 2and that it isn't 100% exact so i would like to make one from scratch.