Sign in to follow this  
astast

astast: WIP Thread

Hello everyone,

I was going to release for arma 2 only but things have changed and i have started remaking the gear, clothes and correcting helmets to fit the arma 3 standards.

I'm currently working on a Rolls Royce, SEALs (DEVGRU) and also a few other things.

Here is some progress i made today:

*Image removed*

Few things needs to be changed and improved on these pants but they are almost done

I will ofcourse post updates as they occur :D

*EDIT*

I've recived quite a few requests to link to my WIP pics since that is what people need :)

Edited by astast
*Image removed*

The rate at which you work on this stuff...so fast...I don't even. Keep up the great work man! Can't wait for the DEVGRU guys!

The rate at which you work on this stuff...so fast...I don't even. Keep up the great work man! Can't wait for the DEVGRU guys!

Haha i have to say i modeled these using the arma 3 sample model as a reference so i got the proportions about right, compared to some other clothes i have made these have been made very fast and turned out good enough for arma 3, I have changed some of the pockets removed a few and right now i'm working on the combat shirt

I already made AOR1 i wanna make AOR 2 too but i just need to find time for it but there will be both i promis ;)

*Edit*

I started on the combat yesterday but only made to the belly before i had to go do something else, then i made this:

*Image removed*

*EDIT2*

So this morning i finnished the crye pants:

*Image removed*

The kneepads are in 3d and the elastic fabric is marked with green so is the kneepad which of course isn't soft or elastic haha :D

Edited by astast

Thank you Thomas,

Here is an almost finnished uniform:

*Image removed*

Edited by astast

Looks great, keep up the great work :)

Thanks guys, for the motivation :)

Thanks guys, for the motivation :)

Really liking the look of this. The only thing that´s looking weird right now is the size of the shoulder pockets (if this is a crye gen2 shirt, which it appears to be?) are too small. On the real thing they are massive.

http://images-kitup.military.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Crye-sleave-label-USMC.jpg

For reference, this is a gen 1 sleeve from the stuff that was apparently made for marsoc. The flag patch is 3 1/2 x 2 Inches in width and height. So the pouch is about 6 inches wide, and about 7 inches high.

The pouches are always a pain for me to look at in games because they are such distinctive features, since they carry all the insignia that identify the Unit. They don´t merge into the pattern like the pockets on the pants, with flags and squad ID patches on them.

I hope you´re not taking this offensively, your stuff is great so far, and I wish to see it shine all rigged up and textured ingame. Keep it up!

Really liking the look of this. The only thing that´s looking weird right now is the size of the shoulder pockets (if this is a crye gen2 shirt, which it appears to be?) are too small. On the real thing they are massive.

http://images-kitup.military.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Crye-sleave-label-USMC.jpg

For reference, this is a gen 1 sleeve from the stuff that was apparently made for marsoc. The flag patch is 3 1/2 x 2 Inches in width and height. So the pouch is about 6 inches wide, and about 7 inches high.

The pouches are always a pain for me to look at in games because they are such distinctive features, since they carry all the insignia that identify the Unit. They don´t merge into the pattern like the pockets on the pants, with flags and squad ID patches on them.

I hope you´re not taking this offensively, your stuff is great so far, and I wish to see it shine all rigged up and textured ingame. Keep it up!

Ahh Damn it :(

Thanks for pointing that out i will ask the rigger to make them bigger if it isn't too late it has already been uv mapped.

Don't worry mate im not taking this offensively ;)

Thanks.

Hey astast, looking really good already. Are you going to look for a clean or a rather "dirty" look like the current A3 Units?

Hey astast, looking really good already. Are you going to look for a clean or a rather "dirty" look like the current A3 Units?

Good question we have talked about some units that are a bit "dirty" since this is a devgru seal it would be better to have a little dirt on it and not too much since they aren't in the field in long periods of time afaik mostly get in and get out missions right?

It's a good idea to have them a bit dirty ;)

I hope you will get help for the texture!

It's a good idea to have them a bit dirty ;)

I hope you will get help for the texture!

I am, but for now we all have to wait :) i hope the one who helps me will share his amazing work with us when he has something to show ;)

Well nice job :) are you planning to make a Danish version of the multicamo uniform ?? :)

mvh

Dennis

Well nice job :) are you planning to make a Danish version of the multicamo uniform ?? :)

mvh

Dennis

We'll at the moment i have my hands full with seals and a rolls royce and a third project.

In the future i might do it, no promis though! :)

Edited by astast

We'll at the moment i have my hands full with seals and a rolls royce and a third project.

In the future i might do it, no promis though! :)

I wonder what that 3rd project is ;)

ha yea... what could it be... :D

Anyway time for an update, today i got the shape of my mich 2000 model good enough for unwarping this is just a covered version, i also made versions without cover.

Here is the covered model:

i5AYMiZpoBZ5N.png

I made the goggle retentions bigger so they look more real so the ones you see is the old ones :(

And here is some of it uv'ed.

Thanks, but most of the helmet was made a long long time ago but it was to be released in arma 2 addons i just wanted to finnish it today since the ops core im making is giving me a hard time :(

ha yea... what could it be... :D

Anyway time for an update, today i got the shape of my mich 2000 model good enough for unwarping this is just a covered version, i also made versions without cover.

Here is the covered model:

http://i6.minus.com/i5AYMiZpoBZ5N.png

I made the goggle retentions bigger so they look more real so the ones you see is the old ones :(

And here is some of it uv'ed.

hi, do you need help to zbrush or sculptis(free version of zbrush) bake normal map for the model?

Here is a picture of the Devgru model i made to give you an idea about how it will look with camo on it:

http://i5.minus.com/iQ6zg35Mu4NCT.png

(This is not the textures for the model, and not the same camo since the camo was made by me and it looks stupid it will not be used for the seals)

Anyway hope you like it :)

Very nice camo :) It's starting to be really good!