Sign in to follow this  
Winfernal

ArmA 3 is a Beacon of Light

A true and honest thank you to BI for being who they are.

Thank you, BIS. Arma is what PC gaming is supposed to be. Don't ever change.

PC gaming, you just gotta love it…:D

They slipped over into the console world with OFPElite, great game and really a sensation, considering squeezing all that content in, complete with Editor. A very underrated game at the time, ridiculed because of its graphics by the console world and some narrow minded players, yet playable for years, not just a few weeks.

Still have mine, the disc will still be in the xbox somewhere in a cupboard. That was a truly marvellous effort at getting the series onto console, shame it didn’t come off.

Although that said, pc is the natural home for this series..

Well done BIS, just for pulling through, never mind this great series, been a bit of a struggle here and there, I dare say..

Yep Thank you Bohemia. This game has my clans full support. We have been searching for something like this since our CoD4 TR days.

one of the last hopes for PC Gaming!

thx BI for your trust in us players! thx for not letting this beauty fade away! thx for working so hard for the community.

I don't got the numbers, but at the release of the ArmA 3 alpha, sales exploded! And i imagine they still do.

I took this screenshot the same day of the A3 alpha release, 3 BIS games in steam top ten sellers:

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/27/a3dayzero.jpg

A day to remember :)

Except the beacon of light is actually a slideshow.

lold abit.

---------- Post added at 04:09 ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 ----------

I took this screenshot the same day of the A3 alpha release, 3 BIS games in steam top ten sellers:

yeah, that days, arma did overtake teh steamz!

I really hope Arma/Bohemia's success inspires other developers to take the PC more seriously. Being a top seller on 3 different games should be enough for some of the more "Console oriented" game devs (I'm talking to you EA Ubisoft and Rockstar) to start using the PC as a real platform instead of an afterthought where they just move console titles over.

Been saying it, an saying it since a cpl yrs b4 ArmA1 came out how these develpoers are unque in there perception of a realistic shooter. One mention of ArmA3 an they were like oh the controls, oh my pc won't play it..blah blah there loss. An likke I said a few days ago...ArmA3 GOTY in 2013.

Well said, i agree 110 % :)

BI keep up the great and beautiful job your doing, and thank you for taking the community close to you :D

Hurray for BI

Dennis

not much use for a beacon when most people are attracted like flies to...

i guess we're the moths.

Not only was Arma on the list 3 times, but it was (at least every time I looked) beating out the new Tomb Raider. One of the longest running IPs in modern gaming, developed and published by huge names, female main character in tight clothes who somehow always has her makeup fresh, lots of hype and positive press... And the alpha for an Arma game was beating it on launch day. Suck it, "The Man"!

If it weren't for the huge number of Wasteland servers in the list it would almost give me hope for gamers. :p (J/K. The servers may be full of newbies, but mods are what make PC gaming great. More power to em.)

Thank you BIS!

Awesome post!

Edit:

Actually Arma 3 Alpha is still in the top of Top Sellers on steam.

Wise words.

BIS ARMA and DCS flight sims are saviors of the serious PC player.

Thank you both

ArmA is a prime example of a true, sandbox PC game. Only your imagination stops you!

And this is why i'm trying my best to advertise it to as many people as possible, to turn them into "armaholics" like me.

As do I. At least 4 People have bought it already :D

Great post! Nail on the head I might say.

I'm having a blast in Arma 3. Can't wait to show all my friends. Keep up the great work Bohemia.