Sign in to follow this  
Winfernal

ArmA 3 is a Beacon of Light

In a modern gaming world where almost every game evolves around tearing it apart, only to sell the pieces as DLCs while you at the same time neglect modding...

A gaming world where games are streamlined and watered down to "corridor shooters" or "press A to win"-games. And where most PC games are poorly ported games from consoles.

ArmA 3 is a beacon of light.

Bohemia Interactive shows everyone how true PC gaming WORKS! You give us PC gamers and developers hope and inspiration in the PC gaming community.

You also show how the developers and players should interact. You show us the importance of the modding communities! This is how PC gaming should be.

At day 1, we already had plenty of maps and mods thanks to the awesome people in the modding community. BIG UPS to the talented modders out there!

I don't got the numbers, but at the release of the ArmA 3 alpha, sales exploded! And i imagine they still do.

ArmA is a prime example of a true, sandbox PC game. Only your imagination stops you!

And this is why i'm trying my best to advertise it to as many people as possible, to turn them into "armaholics" like me.

Alpha is out. The groundstones are set. And BI as us in the community are going to build it to perfection for the release!

Bohemia Interactive, i thank you for this awesome game and franchise. You truly are the best thing to strike PC gaming in this DLC-era!

I couldnt agree more. In times of DRM-plagued, always-online, day-one-dlc, free2play consoleports, Arma 3 is just such a charm. PC gaming at its best. No bullshit like achievements popping up for walking 100 meters. Great stuff like menus that are designed for the mouse and propper modding encouraged from the very beginning on.

I have some grudges with the game but as a long time PC gamer i can only say:

THANK YOU BOHEMIA INTERACTIVE!

OP really needed that operatic high "C" note hitting chic from LOTR movies to accompany that post :p

But I agree.

+1, but the series have been a beacon for years now,all started in 2001 with OFP and the rest is history, but nice to see some ppl still get a kick out off it, and indeed A3 takes it to the next lvl.

Eleven thousand people ingame playing speaks volumes, and from what I saw on all of the livestreams and everyone I have spoken to thus far, I think they have gotten past their 'clunky controls' enigma.

Edited by NodUnit

Eleven thousand people ingame playing speaks volumes.

Peak today is 13k... who didn't play in offline-mode...

THANK YOU BOHEMIA INTERACTIVE!

Thank you so much for caring about your fans and customers!

After enduring the Simcity launch this week and this launch the difference is unreal and I cant thank you enough.

BRAVO! You will always have my support.

S!

I'd say the whole series since OFP (aka ArmA:CWA) is.

In contrast to todays gaming i mean. Like, right now :) With all the DLC focus and such.

But yes, of course the whole series are!

I subscribe to your news letter....:yay:

Thank You Bohemia Interactive!

I just had a thought..

Thaaank you Bohemia...for letting me alpha test a game I bought.

Only this time it's not tounge in cheek.

Edited by NodUnit

I just had a thought..

Thaaank you Bohemia...for letting me alpha test a game I bought.

Only this time it's not tounge in cheek.

haha, was just about to post this:

-DLJPr2lyno

Bohemia Interactive is a niche company, their niche is treating their customers as mature, intelligent and creative people.

You can make a lot of money by treating your customers as dummies, but if you treat them with respect instead, you get the kind of loyalty money can't buy. I remember playing OFP thinking this would change games forever, I'm amazed to this day how innovative and complex BI's engine was back then and that so few other companies allow themselves to be as ambitious as them in their virtual world design.

Five years ago when the rest of the industry began selling catch phrases such as cover mechanics and sandboxes, compared to BI it never amounted to much more than gimmicks.

Edited by Dallas

yea thanks Bohemia for being that little light in the darkness that we should all walk towards. I love supporting companies that make quality games/sims for us. This will be added to my short list of well played programs along with Minecraft and DCS World =)