Sign in to follow this  
manzilla

Which tool are you using to unpack/pack pbos?

What program are you guys using to unpack/pack .pbos?

Pboview wont recognize them, eliteness just crashes and the link for this http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?128485-PBO-Manager/page3&highlight=pbo+manager is dead. Not sure why I can't get these to work. Others don't seem to have any problem. I have a feeling the problem is on my end but I figured I'd ask in case there's some new tools that have been released in the 1yr+ I haven't been here.

I'm missing another that I tried but I can't seem to remember the name.

Edit: well I found a working link for Pbo manager, hopefully that works. I'm still curious to know what you guys are using though.

EDIT 2:

I'm trying eliteness but it keeps saying I don't have a dePbo file. I DL'd the most recent from DH but I have no idea where the system32 folder is in Windows 7 64. The readme say I can also just place it in a folder with the program but I did that and it still doesn't work. They sure don't make this easy for peeps that aren't familiar with computers. I miss pboview.

I'd post this in the eliteness page but I can never find the damn thing.

I'm a bit frustrated. All I want to do is pack the folder so I can release a mission.

Edited by Manzilla

Hi Manzilla,

Long time :)

So far, there is one PBO Toolset to rule them all (and i'm not just saying that ;)), they're the Mikero PBO Tools indeed.

Sad to hear you're having issues getting them to run.

For Windows x64, the C:\Windows\system32 folder should exist but actually contain 64-bit data iirc, instead you need to use the SysWow64 folder instead.

If they are hidden, just copy paste the path directly into the Windows explorer addressbar, and then press ENTER.

The project and issue tracker is available at https://dev-heaven.net/projects/mikero-pbodll/wiki/DePbo_Project

Thank sb. Yeah I'm having some issues here. I appreciate the help and I'll check it out. Glad to see you're still around. I hope ya been well.

EDIT:

Hmmm I tried both folders but it still says no depbo file. I'm not sure what's going on here

---------- Post added at 12:23 ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 ----------

I give up. Nothing works. I got everything where it should be but I'm still getting the error "DePbo No file found" :(

Edited by Manzilla

Sorry to hear :| Did you download the latest of each from the DH project?

I'm well but permanently busy, tnx :) you?

Yeah I opened a ticket at DH too. The one thing that I do notice is that even though I dl'd Eliteness 2.95 it says 2.93 when I open it.