Sign in to follow this  
m1lkm8n

Good idea to wait?

@M1lkm8n

Dont forget to add the new files to binpbo list of fiels to copy directly.

*.pac;*.paa;*.rtm;*.sqf;*.sqs;*.bikb;*.fsm;*.wss;*.ogg;*.wav;*.fxy;*.csv;*.html;*.lip;*.txt;*.bisurf;*.shp;*.dbf;*.shx;*.prj;*.cfg

Omg! Lol that was it. Atsche you are a life saver. All this time I though it was something with my files when in reality I'm just a idiot :)

Thanks yet again

@ZeroG

It seems that I figured my issue...and I think that it wasnt my configs fault that it didnt worked...

I stored all the things like the skytextures and certain 3d objects seperatedly in an additional folder called "env"... and adjusted the pathes in the config. so that a path for maybe a skytexture looked like this:

../../Data/env/#.paa

The rvmats and the texture files were stored regukary in the proper data folder.

so everytime when I then was running binpbo it didnt converted my wrp file...

but as soon as I removed this additional folder and used the default pathes it worked again...has anybody an explanation for this?

I figured this only cause of your config file...so thanks again...

no kisses this time :D haha

@M1lkm8n

Dont forget to add the new files to binpbo list of fiels to copy directly.

*.pac;*.paa;*.rtm;*.sqf;*.sqs;*.bikb;*.fsm;*.wss;*.ogg;*.wav;*.fxy;*.csv;*.html;*.lip;*.txt;*.bisurf;*.shp;*.dbf;*.shx;*.prj;*.cfg

You saved my day! I had already given up on the roads, but now they're finally working!

Thanks a lot! :yay:

You saved my day! I had already given up on the roads, but now they're finally working!

Thanks a lot! :yay:

Something so dumb as forgetting that had me pulling out my hair trying to figure out what I was doing wrong.

@memphis

Where the rvmats and the config file pointing to those paths as well?

Something so dumb as forgetting that had me pulling out my hair trying to figure out what I was doing wrong.

Yep, same here :D

@memphis

Where the rvmats and the config file pointing to those paths as well?

Yes for the config file, it took a while to set all the new paths, I did that with Notepad++ and checked every single path individually for typing erros, but there weren't any.

May be this was because of the new setup of filetypes to copy directly as Atsche has posted them above...

Yes for the config file, it took a while to set all the new paths, I did that with Notepad++ and checked every single path individually for typing erros, but there weren't any.

May be this was because of the new setup of filetypes to copy directly as Atsche has posted them above...

So you made your own textures? Wouldn't the rvmats have to point to the new path as well?

hey guys

wasn't quite sure where to put this find but I remembered talking about it in here so that's where i'll stick it.

in visitor when running bulldozer if you hit the 's' key to select between land and objects and now theres a third option 'brush'

well I just noticed (by mashing my keys down to find hidden options) that if you hold the shift key while using the brush it smoothes the terrain! perfect for roads!

Edited by M1lkm8n

Well, as you don't see the roads in A3-Buldozer, I guess you have to import a satmap with the roads painted on to have an idea where to smooth....

Well, as you don't see the roads in A3-Buldozer, I guess you have to import a satmap with the roads painted on to have an idea where to smooth....

Yes that's what I've been doing. The tool works quite well tho

Can you change the terrain brush size? For smoothing paths, I'd prefer a 1x1 brush rather than a 9x9..

Can you change the terrain brush size? For smoothing paths, I'd prefer a 1x1 brush rather than a 9x9..

I'm not sure yet. I was going to tinker with it further tonight. Then maybe ill write up a quick key 'cheat sheet' for the arma3 alpha buldozer commands.

Most of the keys are the same I think but maybe it'll help the newer guys

If i could know, what announced BI community tool for terrain will be capable of... Because at this moment i'm willing to buy vbs2 PE just to put my hands on visitor 4. From other side -- even if the only improvement from V3 will be ability to handle shapes, i'd rather wait for it and save money.

I don't think anyone knows for sure what it will have and what it will be capable of. I would assume it would have to have shape file support and like bushlurker said a new normal map layer during sat and mask import. Hopefully a bit more user friendly interface. but again until its released or they say something all that's just speculation.