Steiner34

Tutorial: How to use the Task Modules

I know how to make task trigger when no enemy are in the trigger zone  :)

But,, how do you make it so when "Vehicle A" enters the trigger, it completes the trigger and creates a task

Thank you

Right click on the trigger, choose Sync then Trigger Owner.  Drag over and drop onto the vehicle in question to connect the two with a dark blue line.  Now when you look at the trigger the Activation will read VEHICLE or OWNER or something similar (away from game at the moment) and only that vehicle will activate that trigger (when set to PRESENT).  Then right click and Sync and Connect the trigger to the setTaskState module. 

Hello I've been trying to make a some kind of waypoint that when the players reach's it, it triggers the CSAT units to start making their way to the to the selected waypoint.

The idea here is I want the CSAT units that I placed in Kill Farm, make their way to Kamino Firing Range as soon as i arrive at Camp Rogain.

Is it possible to do such a thing ?

Hello, Im new to this mission making thing. I need assistance with tasks because no matter how hard i try i cant get it right. 

What im trying to do is Make a task that involves the player moving to an area and once completed the task state changes to succeeded but i cant seem to do it in the Eden Editor. Please help.

4 hours ago, JayJC04 said:

Hello, Im new to this mission making thing. I need assistance with tasks because no matter how hard i try i cant get it right. 

What im trying to do is Make a task that involves the player moving to an area and once completed the task state changes to succeeded but i cant seem to do it in the Eden Editor. Please help.

Maybe that helps you

3 hours ago, R3vo said:

Maybe that helps you

This helped so much thankyou.

Does anyone know how to link tasks, Like when you finish the first one a second activates?

16 hours ago, JayJC04 said:

Does anyone know how to link tasks, Like when you finish the first one a second activates?

Sync the trigger that completes the first task to the Create Task module for the second task. 

hey ... i want acctive task with tabled what script need on tablet ?   plz help ty

On 3/10/2013 at 9:28 AM, tay-uk said:

1. Turn object ID's on in the editor

2. Place a Game Logic on the map next to the tower/target, set class as objects.

3. In the init field of the game logic use this code (the last number in the code is the ID of the tower/building shown on the map) change that last number to suit your target

tower1=position this nearestObject 81666

That above line basically gives the tower the name tower1

4. Then you can use a trigger with either of these condition codes (both do the same thing)

not alive tower1

or

!(alive tower1)

To test it just put a hint in the on activation box of the trigger

Hint "The tower is destroyed, mission complete"

Just do that for each tower and change the completion trigger to suit.

And for it to complete a task, use the settaskstate module set to suceeded, and sync it to the create task module and the not alive tower1 trigger

Hope that explains it :)

I believe this is outdated now. Can anyone explain how to detect when a particular building that is built into the map is destroyed?