Steiner34

Tutorial: How to use the Task Modules

Yes, you must give him a name and reference that name in the trigger. Like Zipper5 used truck1 and I used iranian in that image.

well, i did exactly that, and it don' t work.

Look what i have : http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/499690arma32013030814421570.jpg

And if i set to current task and kill the targer : http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=508089arma32013030814435928.jpg

It don' t care:(

The task seems not assigned to the target.

When you create modules, they are otomaticly grouped with each others. What must you do with that ?

Edited by HSTaran

Ungroup them. It doesn't matter but it will make it more clear. You must not have synced them properly as was described. Use the synchronization tool [F5] to join everything like it is in my image.

Ok, this is way cool. I love having it built-in editor style. Thank you Zipper.

I have it *mostly working for a enemy unit, and a radio tower that was already in the map as a static object. Still working out some of the details.

Is there a way to rearrange their order in my tasks list - after they have been created? Like if after creating mission I decide that i want to change around which task comes first or second? (without redoing the whole process of course)

I really don' t see where i may have been mistaken

Can you show your trigger in a screenshot?

I am also having issues with this. I get a task but no destination waypoint and the task is not active when I press preview. r1MdvP1.jpg

Got the answer, I think. It seems it is required to enter something in the Task ID field. I had that in already but I tried taking it out and the marker and state didn't work anymore. Just enter something like Task_01, if you don't already.

Got the answer, I think. It seems it is required to enter something in the Task ID field. I had that in already but I tried taking it out and the marker and state didn't work anymore. Just enter something like Task_01, if you don't already.

Thanks, that did it.

It works this time ( with Task ID ). Thanks you so much !!

My question is how to create a "EndMission" task ? An other thing, when i start the mission, it asked me to start with the second task : http://zupimages.net/up/2/677572741.jpg

Edited by HSTaran

So... I mostly understand how all of this work. I can make objectives, link them to markers, complete mission when all the objectives are done and bla bla bla. But how would I go about grouping the objectives like in the SCUBA showcase? I'd like to have primary and secondary objective groups.

Thank you for your work, it works perfectly for my mission, also for MP

how would I go about grouping the objectives like in the SCUBA showcase? I'd like to have primary and secondary objective groups.

Using the normal task commands you can set 'parent' tasks that have sub-tasks. Not sure if that's possible with the modules.

This is great! Thanks Zipper5 for the implementation as I hate messing with code.

However, everything works EXCEPT for visible floating marker in game. I have the settaskdestination module synced to createtask and object, is that sufficient?

Edited by CombatComm

I'm having exactly the same issue as CombatComm, I have tasks set up, they can be completed etc, but there is no marker or indication as a destination, nor is the task being activated, I've tried everything suggested in this thread so far, Task ID etc, but nothing is working.

I've got the task to placed object working but I just cant work out how to use the nearestobject function to be able to define it in the task.

Yah, what I would like is the in world floating marker with distance to objective if possible.

Guys, the only way I could get The task destination working was to use module position...

I think I also created a marker, and set the same marker name in create task and the destination module as well..

Ok. Here is how it works. Officially for anyone that comes through here wanting to know as far as getting the markers seen in game. You must sync a task destination to create task. Ensure everything is synced to objects and not groups. Than place a task description module and in the marker box, type in what you want to show up in game as text over your marker. At this point if you go in game you would not see anything untill you opened the map/tasks/and set one of them as a current task. In order to see the floating marker the minute you get in game you have to ise the setstate module to assigned. Preatty awesome. Just wish you could have to objectives assigned at the time time.

Edited by CombatComm

Using the normal task commands you can set 'parent' tasks that have sub-tasks. Not sure if that's possible with the modules.

I can't find any parent field in any of the modules.

I tried making a quick sample:

http://i50.tinypic.com/1zl6g07.jpg (186 kB)

Didn't do anything but give me a single objective that didn't complete.

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious... But this honestly makes me scratch my head.

I have come to the conclusion that this feature is currently bugged, as it doesn't work 100% of the time.

Here's what I'm having trouble with.

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq126/kiory/2013-03-09_00003_zps960bb4d0.jpg

I have a CreateTask (Named Task_FA) synced up to the player and trigger which activates the task, it's set to "syncronize objects only", the reason for this is that I only want the task assigned when the player walks through the trigger, then I have a Set Task Description (Named Desc_FA) synced to the Create Task, with marker as Mk_FA, marker in Create Task is Find First Aid. Set Task State (Named State_AssignFA) is also synced to the Create Task, the trigger and the player, as this seems to be the only way to actually get it working, then I have a Set Task Destination (Named MK_FA) synced to the Create Task and and the trigger.

It works, but only sometimes, and not at all in MP.

Working first time.

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq126/kiory/2013-03-09_00001_zps552ad369.jpg

Exit, save work, preview again.

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq126/kiory/2013-03-09_00002_zps14683d5e.jpg

This is the closest I've got it to working, is anyone else running into this issue, or have ran into this issue but solved it?

:EDIT:

Screw it, I've taken it upon myself to script the tasks in, it's much less painful and I've had zero issues so far, I think it would be better if people used that method until they have worked out all the kinks with the task modules

Edited by Kiory

Detecting an ammo crate's destruction would be just as easy. Detecting if an object placed in the Stratis map itself is destroyed is bit more complicated, but still possible. If, for example, you wanted to make the object to destroy the radio tower on the northern part of Agia Marina, you'd want to do something like this:

1. Define the tower itself using the nearestObject command, e.g. ZP5_tower = [3063.95,6187.42,0] nearestObject "Land_TTowerBig_1_F".

I don't understand how this works. Can someone give me a complete idiot's guide to doing something like this?