Sign in to follow this  
Binkowski

Headgear and Glasses Pack

because it is so well camouflaged, that guy in the first pic looks like his head is emerging from beneath the net

because it is so well camouflaged, that guy in the first pic looks like his head is emerging from beneath the net

Its like alien aint it "There comming out of the walls maaan" :)

I'm going to have to make a request for some headgear here on behalf of every Australian Arma player:

vwCal0n.jpg

I expect a high poly feather too, not some cheap two poly painting :D

/sarcasam

Theese Skins can't be seen by other people online right?

This gear can only be viewed by others running the pack.

Thanks everyone, just a little bit more progress today..

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/58136939/Images/a3wip/achmcwips.jpg

Click for full resolution

Hey Bink, these look absolutely awesome! I was just curious, are you going to change the textures on your ACH multicam cover? Like add the four IR tab covers (closed or open) and the flab at the back? Also, are you going to clean up the texture line that horizontally circumvents the cover? Not a big deal, it looks awesome regardless, I was just curious. Looks great man!

Greeson

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

Here's a good pic of an ACH multicam cover

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/US-ARMY-ACH-MICH-KEVLAR-HELMET-MULTICAM-COVER-SIZE-LARGE-NVG-MOUNT-GENTEX-NEW-/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/hfUAAMXQ01tRQPG6/$T2eC16J,!ygE9s7HHpMFBRQPG6KSyg~~60_57.JPG (666 kB)

That has IRs open, but would look more realistic closed, especially for daytime combat.

Greeson

Hey Bink, these look absolutely awesome! I was just curious, are you going to change the textures on your ACH multicam cover? Like add the four IR tab covers (closed or open) and the flab at the back? Also, are you going to clean up the texture line that horizontally circumvents the cover? Not a big deal, it looks awesome regardless, I was just curious. Looks great man!

Greeson

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

Here's a good pic of an ACH multicam cover

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/US-ARMY-ACH-MICH-KEVLAR-HELMET-MULTICAM-COVER-SIZE-LARGE-NVG-MOUNT-GENTEX-NEW-/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/hfUAAMXQ01tRQPG6/$T2eC16J,!ygE9s7HHpMFBRQPG6KSyg~~60_57.JPG (666 kB)

That has IRs open, but would look more realistic closed, especially for daytime combat.

Greeson

Yeah I need to fix up the cover's texture. The problem is the way the helmet is UV mapped it makes it a pain to get your camo pattern looking nice and smooth throughout. Also, regarding the IR tabs. Yes, I was looking into adding them and adding the IR functionality under Night Vision. We will see how that goes!

Yeah I need to fix up the cover's texture. The problem is the way the helmet is UV mapped it makes it a pain to get your camo pattern looking nice and smooth throughout. Also, regarding the IR tabs. Yes, I was looking into adding them and adding the IR functionality under Night Vision. We will see how that goes!

Wow! That would be sweet! It would be even cooler it you could open up the tabs when you want, but I have no idea how you could do that.

Wow! That would be sweet! It would be even cooler it you could open up the tabs when you want, but I have no idea how you could do that.

It's definitely possible. Would just involve modeling both open and closed. Make them hiddenSelections, then use a script to call for time of day on the units. It's just a concept however, much like zGuba did in the NVG time script for my A2 Force Recons.

Looking good, nice work! Two questions though: 1, are those official ARMA 3 variables, and 2. How would I write them so that I can place them in the INIT my self. You know; this addHeadGear "H_Watchcap_blk_comtac_earpiece" I've been scouring the forums and your list is the only one that comes close. I've checked for two days and what I get is just addons. But I don't want to add a mod and find out it only has half of them and not all. So could you help me out? Thanks

Looking good, nice work! Two questions though: 1, are those official ARMA 3 variables, and 2. How would I write them so that I can place them in the INIT my self. You know; this addHeadGear "H_Watchcap_blk_comtac_earpiece" I've been scouring the forums and your list is the only one that comes close. I've checked for two days and what I get is just addons. But I don't want to add a mod and find out it only has half of them and not all. So could you help me out? Thanks

Not sure what you mean by "official ARMA 3 variables" but these will have their own classnames yes. You would just add them like this..

removeHeadgear this; this addHeadgear "bink_opscore";

Replacing the second set of quotes with the class name of the specific headgear that you want. There will also be a crate filled with these. I will be sure to include the classnames with these when they are released for mission makers.

Bink sorry i havent gotten to ur 2nd glasse yet. Ill get onem this weekend hopefully. time time time :(

Yes, the class names. I just need the bis layout names of the new head gear. In working "plug and play" fashion, so that I can copy, cut, and past them into their respected fields without the need of any of the mods or addons out there. I just have had no luck finding that list anywhere else but here.

Yes, the class names. I just need the bis layout names of the new head gear. In working "plug and play" fashion, so that I can copy, cut, and past them into their respected fields without the need of any of the mods or addons out there. I just have had no luck finding that list anywhere else but here.

Well I'm not going to post the standard BIS class names in here. That's not what this thread is about. You can however go to the ArmA3 Alpha Editing part of this forum and find stickies there that have all of the classnames.

When is this suposed to be available?

like with any other addon out there: when it is done..

When is this suposed to be available?

I'm going to reinforce what PuFu said. When it's done. I've been really busy lately and haven't had much time to work on these. But I plan on making a release at some point as-is so that it will at least be released.. since I have very little interest in modding for A3 at the moment and what little modding I am doing is in A2. Eventually I'll muster the time and energy to get this out as-is with some of the features that I had posted about in the first page.

Cameron I love you. You have inspired me to finish this. This is war.

DaSquade, it's coming along nicely!

Also, I am updating the opscore helmet with a new model.. so I've been a bit busy with that. Also added a commando hat Lennard donated.