Sign in to follow this  
Binkowski

Headgear and Glasses Pack

I'm gonna try to get one of my goggles ingame too. Your work looks great!

I haven't seen any linked Config.cpp's or Model.cfg's that works for eyewear, but I'll look around some more.

If there's something around here, please provide me with a link :)

Else, do you mind posting something from your config? I do not know how to set up goggles.

Edited by AlexVestin

Thanks for the comments everybody. I will be adding some M-Frames and Patrol Caps. As well as boonies. Even though A3 already has boonies in it, I'm still going to add them. Also Alex, I will PM you my config so you can get everything working :).

Are you planning to do like vest and clothes also?

Very good stuffs there!

What about Oakley glasses? They looks pretty cool IMO, and they fit pretty well in modern era...

493d92ad4daf4.jpg

or...

rtemagicc_martin-margiela-icognito-sunglasses-1.jpg

:D

Very good stuffs there!

What about Oakley glasses? They looks pretty cool IMO, and they fit pretty well in modern era...

http://www.oakley.com/images/catalog/generated/750x350/e0/493d92ad4daf4.jpg

IMO, the Sports shades in game already look pretty much the same, and there's texture files for them about about 5-6 different colours, give it a while and they'll probably be implemented in game.

I won't be doing something that is already done in the game, but there will be new glasses. Ones that aren't in the game already.

Just a little bit of progress today..

ballcapwips.jpg

Click the image for higher quality.

This will be the base for the ball cap flag concept. Should I have the cap in different colors? Such as Green, Khaki, and Black and use the flag system on those as well? I know some guys may not want to use the Multicam cap when they are in civilian clothes etc.

Also, should I have all of the ballcaps with all the different flags in a crate? Or use just one base, and have the mission editor use setObjectTexture to get the flag of choice onto the ballcap?

Edited by Binkowski

Just use the American flag.

I won't be doing something that is already done in the game, but there will be new glasses. Ones that aren't in the game already.

Just a little bit of progress today..

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/58136939/Images/a3wip/ballcapwips.jpg

Click the image for higher quality.

This will be the base for the ball cap flag concept. Should I have the cap in different colors? Such as Green, Khaki, and Black and use the flag system on those as well? I know some guys may not want to use the Multicam cap when they are in civilian clothes etc.

Also, should I have all of the ballcaps with all the different flags in a crate? Or use just one base, and have the mission editor use setObjectTexture to get the flag of choice onto the ballcap?

Just use the American flag.

No. The American flag will be one of them yes, but I am not going to make that the only option. Because this is a very broad and vast community with players from all different countries. I feel it is a little bit biased and one sided to have only one option. And I think it will be a cool nice feature for players from different countries to wear their countries flag in a multiplayer match with their friends.

I like the flags in a crate idea personally.

No. The American flag will be one of them yes, but I am not going to make that the only option. Because this is a very broad and vast community with players from all different countries. I feel it is a little bit biased and one sided to have only one option. And I think it will be a cool nice feature for players from different countries to wear their countries flag in a multiplayer match with their friends.

+ 1 for this and different colors would be great too :D

Or use just one base, and have the mission editor use setObjectTexture to get the flag of choice onto the ballcap?

Is it possible to use the setobjectexture init line on specific items in a player's inventory then? I assumed the hiddenselectiontexture handling on equip-able items would be purely through the config.cpp and you have to make a new child-class to get them to appear in game.

Also, some glasses/goggle possibilities that might interest you:

Revision Bullet Ant goggles

Revision Sawfly specs

They're currently part of the standard issue protective kit for British forces in Afghanistan. I don't want you to try and make "all the things!!!" so don't treat it a request (I'd consider doing them myself if I wanted them that much:D): I just figured if you're weighing up various possibilities for eye-wear projects, and depending on what you see as the 'scope' of the pack; maybe you're be more interested in hearing about kit that's fairly prolific among various militaries, rather than what everyone thinks looks coolest.

Bright red could be useful for range things, especially if you add hearing protection. Then again, that's kinda combining the red ballcap and rangemaster cap we already have, but... maybe add some MSA Sordin etc stuff besides the Peltors for more variations? :D I also have a few ESS glasses/goggles if you need references.

One interesting idea might also be to do those mesh caps, either in full mesh or just some of the panels. HSGI and 215 Gear do some, atleast. I got the 215 Blended cap for summer use, personally, and it's quite nice during the summer. Again, if you need ref... I also know quite a few people with real-deal MICHs pimped out, incase you run out of ideas.

Keep up the good work, can't wait to see these!

yes to all kinds of colors, and flags on all of them You should make them in all colors with and without flags. If you use setobject it seems like you would have to make sure the mission maker does it to the specific character that person from X country is going to play? I think if you made a crate there would be shitload of hats in a crate. What about just making all the hats a head you can select, that way you don't have to worry about either option?

Also, have you thought about placing flags on the helmets as well?

+1 for variants of the Ball caps Binkowski.

Tan/Khaki/FDE, Ranger Green, Black, Multicam, BDU?

Looking Good aint it porter? :)

I have one of these on my UBACs that sometimes finds it way on to my contact cap ahem ahem :P

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/5061/kgrhqnhjbke7ztiwpdbpf5z.jpg

Ps our snipers tend to wear those ballcaps (contact caps) and make there gilly suit head thingy s off them idea is it keeps the rags and cam out of there eyes for when there shooting :)

Just in case you ever make a Cloke or head vale. :)

Been working on the caps today. Having some issues with hiddenSelections. For some reason they are not working, all the caps have US flags. I've defined the hiddenSelections in the model.cfg and I am pathing them properly in the config. If anyone wants to take a shot at it (maybe someone who is better at them than I am?) I will send you my config so you can toy around with it and try to get it to work.

Once it works, I'll have some new WIP images.

Went back and modified the OPSCORE helmet textures today.. original model is by JeffersPang.

opcorelow.jpg

Click for high res

Edited by Binkowski

Binkowski you are the greatest! Now all we need are caps and hats! And glasses (the raybans :D )

Mmm, opscore. Now we're just a pair of Wayfarers away from the best ARMA mod ever. :3

They're already in game actually, in black and a dark red, they just won't be in until the Full release.

Been working on the caps today. Having some issues with hiddenSelections. For some reason they are not working, all the caps have US flags. I've defined the hiddenSelections in the model.cfg and I am pathing them properly in the config. If anyone wants to take a shot at it (maybe someone who is better at them than I am?) I will send you my config so you can toy around with it and try to get it to work.

I'll take a look.

Binkowski,

This is a little off topic. Do you know if ski masks and balaclavas are something that will be put on in the player's profile where they select their face or will it be an item that is found in a crate?