Sign in to follow this  
Binkowski

Headgear and Glasses Pack

Thanks for all of the ideas. Some of these may appear in the pack. I will also be adding some NVGs. Namely PVS7s, 14s, and 15s. Not sure about the wilcox / GPNVGs yet.

Looking Really good Binkowski, Any chance you can make a helmet cover-less one black / green sprayed with Tan? :)

For the UKSF Operator look.

Way to go Binkowski. Third day after release of the Alpha and so much content being worked on already. This community does not seem to stop amazing me after all ;)

I hope there would be lots of different NVG:s, and they would have better versions: pvs-14(one pipe, for one eye), Nvg 7( one pipe, for one eyes), anvis (2 pipes for two eyes), and Wilcox ( 4 pipes for 2 eyes). Wilcox is the best model, and you sight is 180 degree. And i hope there would be more different helmet models like : mich 2000, mich 2001, mich 2002, and Crye Air Frame. Sorry my bad english : )

We need GPNVG-18s!!!! :D

Thanks for all the encouragement guys. I am currently in the process of upgrading my textures to 4096x4096. It seems ArmA3 likes to use those, and you can get much better detail out of them. Once that is done I'll start adding more of the content to the pack. Also the new large texture size will allow for almost all of the headgear textures, normals, AO, and SMDI mapping to be done on only four files and one material file. Which will improve performance and decrease filesize. Once that's done I'll be adding in the NVGs and debugging those. Stay tuned.

Hey binkowski, love those models you're making. since arma 3 is in the futuristic scene and there's a new set of helmets being used what are the odds of being able to get the Crye Precision's Airframe in-game? since the units are running the combat vest made by them it'd be nice to have the helmet aswell, either with cover or without and if possible with chops? haha, just an idea here's an image so you can see what i mean.

This is the helmet with chops.

http://armadninoviny.cz/domains/0023-armadninoviny_cz/useruploads/images/AirFrame2.jpg

if you like this helmet and think it would look good ingame it'd be awesome to try to make it. wanted to try model this in but i'm terrible with getting objects ingame!. keep up the awesome work!. Also there are a lot of setups possible for this helmet with covers and flashlights,etc.!.

Bin, i got some spartan plates for you if you want em, let me know :)

Binkowsik, i have to say you are so awesome :D

I just can't wait for the headgear to be out!

Keep it up :D

Here's just a little progress over the last few days. A couple of goggles.. I think I will try to use hidden selections to change the lens color. Models are by Johannes.

Also, I will be adding ballcaps into the pack. What I plan on doing is having flags on them like these caps. Instead of just having the American flag I will use hiddenSelections and add many different countries flags. So when you're playing an MP game with your friends you can wear your countries flag if you wish. This is just a concept right now, but I'll get more into it when I get to that point in the project.

gogwips.jpg

Click for full size / quality.

Edited by Binkowski

Yeah Bink you are awesome!

Please make the Airframe and the fancy 4 tube NVG.(If you need some inspiration check the last 30minutes of the Zero Dark Thirty,pretty good)

one of the goggles is sitting way down the guy's nose and the ess goggles probably needs to be moved up a bit too.

Yeah Bink you are awesome!

Please make the Airframe and the fancy 4 tube NVG.(If you need some inspiration check the last 30minutes of the Zero Dark Thirty,pretty good)

Thanks. I may be doing the GPNVGs but I am not sure at the moment.

one of the goggles is sitting way down the guy's nose and the ess goggles probably needs to be moved up a bit too.

The A-Frame on the far left does have some scaling issues because of the size of the model. The problem is we do not have access to the new ArmA3 bysta (head) proxy. So I am basing all of these off of the ArmA2's head proxy and this is what it is causing, some small issues here and there. Maybe we will get access to the proxy soon.

The problem is we do not have access to the new ArmA3 bysta (head) proxy. So I am basing all of these off of the ArmA2's head proxy and this is what it is causing, some small issues here and there. Maybe we will get access to the proxy soon.

While not as detailed perhaps.. but LOD 3 and 4 in the character_example do have the head in it,

using the example headgear and pasting it on the lod3 soldier it fits pretty good on there, so should be good fro sizing?

The problem is we do not have access to the new ArmA3 bysta (head) proxy. So I am basing all of these off of the ArmA2's head proxy and this is what it is causing, some small issues here and there. Maybe we will get access to the proxy soon.

When I imported A3_character_template.FBX (from A3 Character Examples) into Maya it came with a head - may also be true of the .max version. So if you have either piece of software you can isolate the head and export it to O2 or something.

When I imported A3_character_template.FBX (from A3 Character Examples) into Maya it came with a head - may also be true of the .max version. So if you have either piece of software you can isolate the head and export it to O2 or something.

Oh! Thank you for this. I'll open up the .max file in 3ds and see if I have the head.

the black one looks like it needs some more light reflexion in my opinion. really great work man, looking forward to try them :)

Oh! Thank you for this. I'll open up the .max file in 3ds and see if I have the head.

If not, I've exported the head mesh from Maya as a .obj and imported it to O2, then resaved as a .p3d so I can load it in O2 myself - can always upload that if it'd be useful. Any selection names, weights or textures have been discarded, but I suppose that's not important for what you or I will likely need it for.

M frames with Srike lenses, Maybe some PC's and Boonies with Comms (peltors etc).

As said, there's actually an A3 head in there. I used it to scale one of my helmets right, with straps and goggles.

Everything looked great on other heads in A3 except the goggles.

If you put the goggles quite slim onto his face, there's a possibility of the glasses being too far back on the head on some models causing clipping.

The head is still a great reference for pretty much all needs.

Here's just a little progress over the last few days. A couple of goggles.. I think I will try to use hidden selections to change the lens color. Models are by Johannes.

Also, I will be adding ballcaps into the pack. What I plan on doing is having flags on them like these caps. Instead of just having the American flag I will use hiddenSelections and add many different countries flags. So when you're playing an MP game with your friends you can wear your countries flag if you wish. This is just a concept right now, but I'll get more into it when I get to that point in the project.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/58136939/Images/a3wip/gogwips.jpg

Click for full size / quality.

Nice!

Mmmmm... Hats.

In all seriousness this is looking amazing for being less than 1 week into the Alpha. Great work as usual Binkowski.