Sign in to follow this  
Mr0restes

Helicopter Ejecting not working

This has happened to me multiple times in wasteland servers and i'm not sure if BI made it intentional that there is no eject option in the helicopters or if its bugged. Either way its very annoying to not have an eject option in Helis. There are some situations that you just cant recover from when going down in a heli and the eject option is the only way to survive. Please BI fix this!!!! other than this the poor optimization and a few other bugs i'm enjoying this alpha ALOT!!!!!

But helicopters do not have an ejection seat because the crew will be ripped into shreds by the rotor blade. Helicopters in ArmA never had an eject button and they better keep it that way.

Unless you're talking about the Ka-50. That helicopter has an ejection seat. Sure, add an eject feature for that but the rotor blades must be ejected out first.

I have noticed this too. But as one of my team mates pointed out; They might still be working on parachutes and animations related to that. Still, having an eject action would still be nice to get AI's to get out of a helicopter over the ocean, as they don't want to get out with a normal disembark command.

One does not simply eject from a helicopter...not when you have a giant fan rotating over 200mph above your head, typical helo ejections are saved for ground survivals with doors that can be taken off or explosive tape lined along the windows. This is actually realistic...and there is also a thread about this.

Besides, if a person was able to eject without an ejection seat - the parachute will most likely not open due to the low altitude.