Sign in to follow this  
IdleJuice

Matchmaking (Small PvP gamemodes)

I've been playing ARMA games ever since OFP:CWC, but I've failed to notice any ability to just jump straight into a multiplayer game. Its always difficult to find a decent PvP server IMO.

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a type of matchmaking facility within the menu's which allowed for 4v4 and 8v8 player matches of TDM, domination, capture the flag ect.

I think these game types are brilliant fun but they are rarely accessible to casual players like myself. They would basically have endless locations to fight in, just restrict a match to a small area of the map like a village or hill top ect. They could even implement just a basic rank system (no unlocks) to allow for some type of added immersion.

This may take up resources and time to implement, but i'm sure a vast number of players who bought ARMA 3 will use it.

YES? NO? what do you think?

I like the idea, don't think it would be too hard to implement and would be a huge addition for the players not in some sort of clan. Would be a nice place to work on your fire fight tactics and coordination, and or just play a quick game of arma aswell

Half jokingly half serious, it could also serve kind of like a daycare for the people who only want to jump into games and shoot people as quick as possible. If they want the feel of arma but the action of CoD, you might as well give them some place to get it rather then in a more traditional game, where they end up team killing people because they're getting bored.

I encourage you to try out the Tier1 Pistol Carnage. It's very COD-like and runs stable on our server. :)

In general Arma3 and it's movement is quite good for CQB PvP and it's a lot of fun. This would not have been possible with Arma2.

Hmm. I'm strongly against any kinds of rank systems in ArmA...

But i do support the matchmaking idea! And internal, invisible ranks in matchmaking might do.

I also support playstyles for everyone in ArmA! (As long as they don't overlap eachother.)

I encourage you to try out the Tier1 Pistol Carnage. It's very COD-like and runs stable on our server. :)

In general Arma3 and it's movement is quite good for CQB PvP and it's a lot of fun. This would not have been possible with Arma2.

I tried it out the other night thanks to your recommendation. It was awesome!This is the sort of thing Im talking about, just something you can jump right into when you only have 20 minutes or so! Thanks!

I don't think a rank system should be introduced at all, that is everything that ArmA is not in my eyes. It seems to me that if you would like to play a COD/BF style game, it may be easier to play those games.

I don't think a rank system should be introduced at all, that is everything that ArmA is not in my eyes. It seems to me that if you would like to play a COD/BF style game, it may be easier to play those games.
I believe that you missed the point, especially considering that IdleJuice specified "no unlocks tied to rank"... here, I'll propose a different solution:
I've been playing ARMA games ever since OFP:CWC, but I've failed to notice any ability to just jump straight into a multiplayer game. Its always difficult to find a decent PvP server IMO.

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a type of matchmaking facility within the menu's which allowed for 4v4 and 8v8 player matches of TDM, domination, capture the flag ect.

I think these game types are brilliant fun but they are rarely accessible to casual players like myself. They would basically have endless locations to fight in, just restrict a match to a small area of the map like a village or hill top ect. They could even implement just a basic rank system (no unlocks) to allow for some type of added immersion.

This may take up resources and time to implement, but i'm sure a vast number of players who bought ARMA 3 will use it.

YES? NO? what do you think?

My advice -- or, I suppose, the simplest solution without changing the mechanics -- would be to search out the best TDM, CTF, and Sector Control ("Domination" means different in the Arma community) matches and put them onto a server and advertise the hell out of it.