Sign in to follow this  
jaykinch

Hyper threading

Hi all just wondering if anyone out there uses hyper threading or not as I've got mine switch on tonight I will try disableing it and see if there's any difference

Cheers

I always have it on. Tried Arma 3 with off too but didn't notice any difference to be honest.

With a 6 core I7 and hyper threading I noticed that half the threads didn't appear to be in use at all. In general Arma 3 is not putting alot of strain on my CPU. At this point I would say that hyper threading doesn't help at all. I think the problem is that alot of things are dumped on a single core.

There is no benefit to hyperthreading whatsoever in arma3, but there's no harm in leaving it on.

Hyper threading can sometimes create more lag than not due to the overhead of data being pushed/managed to two threads running on the same core, register switching and such, doesn't seem to be a problem with Arma 3 though.

it used to be a problem in arma2, but they patched it so hyperthreading isnt used.

There is no benefit to hyperthreading whatsoever in arma3, but there's no harm in leaving it on.

HT is more requiring in Vcore for my cpu (the difference is 0,06 V at 4,500 GHz)