vilas

my addons (Vilas) upcoming to Arma3

which addons to port first  

276 members have voted

1. 1. which addons to port first

• P85 content, year 1985 as first thing,
    • Alien's Colonial Marines, yeeea, sci-fi game, so sci-fi addons, pulse rifle, M577 APC,
    • modern Polish army, one of biggest -when it comes to variety of content- my addons,
    • civilian cars, stuff like my vans, my cars, city bus, police cars,
    • modern weapons in AK weapons pack , like all those AK, AKMS, SVD, SVU, Groza, Abakan, AEK,
    • modern western weapons, G3, G36, M16A1, M14, UZI,
    • generic Police addon, non military, but SWAT, Police,
    • not weapons, not human models but vehicles, BMP1, BMP2, M113, Bradley, etc.

Corporal_Lib[bR] Cup is for a1\a2\oa to be brought up to A3 standards so vilas work has nothing to do with cup as its not from the original content of the game which is cup's aim

Edited by SmokeDog3PARA

he Vil

am a big fan buddy

you may have seen my config work for unsung, with some of your weapons and statics being converted to unsung format (thanks man!)

in order to do that work i have spent many hours examining the P85 weapons and I can help you with your configging for A3.

PM me with details if you need help, or add me on skype/steam for a chat

cheers!

Rob

So bad, I feel like vilas ignores feedback from people who could help him. For sure he need someone to do the config job !

I'd quite like to see the Scimitar/Scorpion that you made back again, it was a fantastic model!

Id like to see the the project 85 stuff ported in...so much cool stuff in it. Its been 3 yrs since this thread was made and none of it was converted....I tried my hand at it but with my limited knowledge it didnt work.

I have a feeling Vila's does not want any of his stuff ported to A3 , I was fortunate he let me port one of his G36's,  and that's understandable that he doesn't want his stuff ported, perhaps respecting the authors wish would be better, instead of bumping a thread that's 3 years old and the last comment was 2 years ago, and clearly nothing happened since.

He also has a nice little M551 Sheridan which Tanoa is ideal for it, again, it's off limits to A3.  

• Like 3

Agreed.  He's had too much of his stuff stolen by the "Life Mod" servers - for profit - that you'll be lucky to see his stuff in Arma 3.  Monetization is killing things.

• Like 6

what a shame, all this work for nothing....lost to the ages. Freakin life mods ruining this community. I tried converting it for private use only and i got them into arma 3 but they wouldnt work.  its sad that such work will be lost as time goes on, just because the life servers ruin it doesnt mean every other server is like that.

• Like 1

what a shame, all this work for nothing....lost to the ages. Freakin life mods ruining this community. I tried converting it for private use only and i got them into arma 3 but they wouldnt work.  its sad that such work will be lost as time goes on, just because the life servers ruin it doesnt mean every other server is like that.

you have to respect the addon creators wishes, failing to do that makes you no better than those who use the life servers for monetry gains.

The work wasn't for nothing either, he achieved a LOT in A2 which is what his PRIMARY goal was. 

If you feel this strongly about it mate, perhaps dusting off some 3d software, and photoshop and create the stuff yourself? 

Personally I'm against life mods myself, but at the end of the day, if my addons make it there, there isn't much I can really do about it, other than be disappointed.              

• Like 2

You would be surprised what you can do given the right motivation and willingness to commit to chasing it down.  Unfortunately many mod makers like myself don't police things enough to even know when this mis-use happens.  I have reworded my EULA to include "no life servers" etc.

You really need to find a lawyer willing to help out.  I happen to have a lawyer contact in RL so that is always in my back pocket.  :)   And my read of the monetization rules implies I would be entitled to a compensation if anyone did use my stuff for monetary gain.  If I were to get a piece of that pie it could compel me to package a "life mod" version, however these monetized servers seem to follow the pattern of college kids or similar standing up a server long enough to make some cash and get shut down.  "No consequences" other than shut down.  And let's face it how many people would pursue it further?  Would you really want to chase down the fucks who owe you money in RL and sue them?  My lawyer friend would certainly like to but most people?  Probably not...

I haven't used Steam because other larger mods seem to have incessant issues with the Steam downloads being very easy to break, causing incomplete d/l conditions on people's computers.  These people naturally go to the author with "help me your mod doesn't work" when Steam is the culprit. 

Of course a recent re-read to clarify the Steam EULA implies that you don't actually "give up" authorship, and that Steam would only "repackage" or whatever term they use for usability reasons, such as if the upload didn't work correctly.  So if we truly are not giving steam "the keys" so to speak then perhaps I would start using Steam and see how it works.  That would deter copy-cat offenders from repeat uploads since it is already there ;)

The main issue I have is that since the game authors have allowed monetization, it is practically impossible for someone with "stolen" content to be reimbursed.  Or compensated in other ways.  If there was a "Master List" of allowed things with special server keys maintained by a central authority, the compensation model could "kick back" a royalty fee every time the mod is used on a server.  It would keep modders from getting screwed by the thieves and could possibly promote more modding since the promise of financial gain would compel some to make "life mods" a reality instead of the shit storm it currently is. 

Bottom line, in today's world you CAN run down illegal use of your mod but you have to be willing to do so.

I'm shutting up now... too much coffee makes me ramble.

• Like 6

Really wish he'd at least port the Polish stuff. There was a Polish Army mod for A3, but I think it mostly had the soldiers, while the vehicle selection was lacking.

Okay but what does HE say now ??? What about Vilas ?

If he wants to port, he will, if he doesn't he won't perhaps he will come on and explain his position, but this is a 3 year old thread ;)