vilas

my addons (Vilas) upcoming to Arma3

which addons to port first  

276 members have voted

1. 1. which addons to port first

• P85 content, year 1985 as first thing,
    • Alien's Colonial Marines, yeeea, sci-fi game, so sci-fi addons, pulse rifle, M577 APC,
    • modern Polish army, one of biggest -when it comes to variety of content- my addons,
    • civilian cars, stuff like my vans, my cars, city bus, police cars,
    • modern weapons in AK weapons pack , like all those AK, AKMS, SVD, SVU, Groza, Abakan, AEK,
    • modern western weapons, G3, G36, M16A1, M14, UZI,
    • generic Police addon, non military, but SWAT, Police,
    • not weapons, not human models but vehicles, BMP1, BMP2, M113, Bradley, etc.

I'd prefer a small, polished and bugfree P'85 pack, just enough to get started.

Like: a tank, an apc, a truck, a rifleman and a handfull of weapons for 2 opposing sides.

Cheers,

D.

This is great news... But it is also a hard decision you are asking us to make. So much good to choose from.

Right now 5 and 6 to help with variety of weapons. Then 8 to kick the ifrits ass. Would you be tying in modular sights and attachments?

I vote here because i cannot see any poll.

But it is also a hard decision you are asking us to make. So much good to choose from.

i know, for me it would decision that i would not be able to take (i would think, think, think)

so the best is when players would decide what they want to see first

cause this poll is not what to release but what should be imported (even with limits and without all features) as the first thing (which means other things will be imported too, but in second or third order of appearance)

i could not decide myself cause i have several addons plus what GranQ said (helping other mods)

it would impossible to me to choose one file as first, second file as second without knowing what community wants to have first ,

cause from "technical" point of view it is "the same" if i import SVD, SVU, AK74M or if import HK G3, HK G36, HK 416, M16A1 or if import Beryl, MSBS, Glauberyt, Tantal,

rifle is rifle,

it is not different from "technical" point of view if i import "blue uniform policeman", "black uniform policeman" "soldier in M81" "soldier in Flora" "soldier in mk.93 camo"

just like it is the same technical job to import "solid green BMP1" or "Polish tri-color camo BMP1" or "US olive drab M113A2" etc.

the only problem would be to decide "which one should be first, which one second, which one third"

Good to hear about your intentions on moving to A3!

I voted modern AKs since all we need for a good modern SOC FSB are some Fagpul'd AK74s and a simple tricolor patch on a NATO MC unit.

Voted on...Colonial Marines! MOREZZZ sci-fi !

Doesn't look like we'll win this one :p

Vilas does not have the Alpha yet - before he posted this thread I took the liberty of checking if his addons also do work / appear in-game after a straigh copy/paste procedure.

Unfortunately it's not the case with majority of his works, due to config differences, but at least some of the vehicles do:

2013030700019.jpg2013030700002f.jpg2013030700005.jpg2013030700014p.jpg2013030700013r.jpg2013030700007.jpg

Vilas does not have the Alpha yet - before he posted this thread I took the liberty of checking if his addons also do work / appear in-game after a straigh copy/paste procedure.

Unfortunately it's not the case with majority of his works, due to config differences, but at least some of the vehicles do:

http://imageshack.us/scaled/thumb/854/2013030700019.jpghttp://imageshack.us/scaled/thumb/96/2013030700002f.jpghttp://imageshack.us/scaled/thumb/849/2013030700005.jpghttp://imageshack.us/scaled/thumb/5/2013030700014p.jpghttp://imageshack.us/scaled/thumb/585/2013030700013r.jpghttp://imageshack.us/scaled/thumb/822/2013030700007.jpg

Looks good !

small statement:

due to lack of free time (jobs) i almost have no time to learn new thighs, i know that porting require changes in GeometryLOD, MemoryLOD etc.

so as i do not want to have my addons not be available for A3 players (i see lot of YT movies of "life" servers where ambulancess, civilian cars etc. could be helpfull and not only such "life gameplays") i would like to find people who would import addons to A3

deal is simple - port addon "for sake of community fun, addon must have similar tag of file" , not "i can port your 10 cars if you give 8 cars to my mod" - i had some such offers, but if you want to help, do it "for sake of community" not "cause you want half of it" , please contact me via PM to not spam forum,

in case if there are differences in textures/materials in A2vsA3 i will fix (i seen "inverted" normals or "textures that look like 256*256 pixels for uknown reason" after importing)

small statement:

due to lack of free time (jobs) i almost have no time to learn new thighs, i know that porting require changes in GeometryLOD, MemoryLOD etc.

so as i do not want to have my addons not be available for A3 players (i see lot of YT movies of "life" servers where ambulancess, civilian cars etc. could be helpfull and not only such "life gameplays") i would like to find people who would import addons to A3

deal is simple - port addon "for sake of community fun, addon must have similar tag of file" , not "i can port your 10 cars if you give 8 cars to my mod" - i had some such offers, but if you want to help, do it "for sake of community" not "cause you want half of it" , please contact me via PM to not spam forum,

in case if there are differences in textures/materials in A2vsA3 i will fix (i seen "inverted" normals or "textures that look like 256*256 pixels for uknown reason" after importing)

Wouldn't it be easiest to make the stuff available somewhere and place the items under a creative commons type license? (http://creativecommons.org/choose/) CC has become somewhat of a standard, and using a platform where users have to register in some fashion would restrict abuse.

For example, a creative commons NCND license would work (No Commercial use, No Distribution). People would be able to download and alter the content for porting, but not be allowed to share it. Then they could get back to you, and you could then make it available here for the community with all credits openly shared. That way people could access the material and it would still be reasonably ensured that nobody would just rip the stuff and plonk it into their own mod without credit and attribution, and that properly ported content is made available to the community in the way you as the original creator desire.

Not to cause offense, I hope, but because I think some such solution would speed up the process and make "paperwork" easier to handle, so to speak.

Cheers

Insta

i want "vil_xyz_xxx" addons in A3 (where xyz is person who make it) not 6-8 version of "xyz_civil_cars, abc_civil_cars, zyx_civar, xxx_carciv, zzzz_cars, yyy_civiliancars, ...." addons (because this woule end that way that there would be 10 version of few vehicles and half of it in Dayz another half in closed mulitplayer clans for usage of those clans and officially "noone had time" cause "for his clan he had time" but not "for public")

my intention is - find person who will help bring addons from A2 to A3 for PUBLIC use in community, not for "private mod, private clan, dayz mod, one server mod" , i said about "usual addon" like for A2, but for A3 , publishin MLODs - i done it in A2 year ago, as result some dayz mods misuse it and collected donations using my vans or showing those cars like theirs not mine,

releasing MLODs is nowadays bad idea, before 2012 situation was different, also after such release those cars would be suddenly in Man of War, GTA, Battlefield, and 5 other games, but those models are FOR BOHEMIA games ,

BIS moderators can "enforce" BIS license HERE on this forum and on Armaholic - you will not enforce those licenses on 20 dayz mods , 30 clans forums, other games forums, i want my addons to be used in Bohemia's Arma cause they were made in BI tools, open release of MLODs will not help it and 3ds versions would roam on multiple forums of other games (i already blocked rips on moddb for Man of War year ago but it took me 3 weeks of emailing admins) also i do not want my addons to be "just for one clan" (who will import it "for clan use" without notifying community but downloading archive with MLODs only), but for many clans/mods/"life" mods (i like idea of "life" mods) and other mods in A3,

Edited by vilas

In a way I do agree to Vilas approach on releasing his mods for A3. I rather see 1 version that is open to the public, and not have to scout all over the internet to find this one addon I saw on someones screenshots to find out it is only available for private use within his/her clan/group/server/mod. Besides its more comforting to know that that 1 addon is only being worked on by 1 person/group and not multiple other person/groups that have a better version of it with more bug fixes, features, variants, etc.

Great news Vilas! I'll soon be joining the modding, too.

Your civilian cars would be awesome .. there is currently quite a hole regarding civilian stuff of all kind.

Why am I just now seeing this? PLEASE, oh please bring your AK rifles addon to Arma 3. :)

so is there anyone who would have time to convert stuff (i had contact on PM few people but most important is Oxygen work, config work is just one part, however I also had offer that my models should be opensource which i won't agree, i look for import addons to A3 as addons, not to release all my models as MLODS as opensource to dozens of mods who would take few elements which they want leaving the rest, than there would be for example Leopard 2, Unimog and Mercedes G in 6 mods and not imported other cars, it was already said that releasing MLODs is not gonna happen due to several reasons )

Edited by vilas

Vilas, the CUP (Community Upgrade Project) project would benefit a lot converting your addons, have you spoken with .kju or Alduric?

cheers!

;2665073']Vilas' date=' the CUP (Community Upgrade Project) project would benefit a lot converting your addons, have you spoken with .kju or Alduric?
See above -- "releasing MLODs is not gonna happen due to several reasons."

But do CUP really need the MLODs? I mean I understand you need the MLODs for editing the model and textures, but if only convert villas assets to use in CUP without opensourcing the MLODs to everybody wouldn´t be a problem to Vilas, right? Or CUP demands open MLODs? (maybe that would would beat the purpose of CUP... oh boy, anyway was worth the mention...)