vilas

my addons (Vilas) upcoming to Arma3

which addons to port first  

276 members have voted

1. 1. which addons to port first

• P85 content, year 1985 as first thing,
    • Alien's Colonial Marines, yeeea, sci-fi game, so sci-fi addons, pulse rifle, M577 APC,
    • modern Polish army, one of biggest -when it comes to variety of content- my addons,
    • civilian cars, stuff like my vans, my cars, city bus, police cars,
    • modern weapons in AK weapons pack , like all those AK, AKMS, SVD, SVU, Groza, Abakan, AEK,
    • modern western weapons, G3, G36, M16A1, M14, UZI,
    • generic Police addon, non military, but SWAT, Police,
    • not weapons, not human models but vehicles, BMP1, BMP2, M113, Bradley, etc.

good morning , as probably many of modders will sooner or later move to Arma3 , I would like to check and ask in poll which addons first community would like to see in Arma3 , when finally I will have time for Arma3 after finalizing Arma2 addons,

for sure nothing can be done and released in moment, it takes time, i do not say about month but longer term period (i do not know how much time it would take)

so I would first release and work to import from Arma2 into Arma3 serie even without new features of Arma3 (specially it is about uniforms , clothes changes), my goal would be "to have old units in new game" in upcoming months (I do not say when, it can be 2 months, 4 months, I cannot promise, I just check what would be priority in community needs to play when/if many of modders among them me, will turn to A3)

such vote will help me to know what is more wanted and on what I should focus my first steps in Arma3 when I will have it

1 - P85 content, year 1985 as first thing, Soviet, USA, German, Polish stuff with basic weapons, basic vehicles, starting from few small basic addons, cause it is too big to import it soon,

2 - Alien's Colonial Marines, yeeea, sci-fi game, so sci-fi addons, pulse rifle, M577 APC

3 - modern Polish army, one of biggest -when it comes to variety of content- my addons, addon for 2000-today, soldiers without possibility to change their uniform, but to have modern Blufor, starting from few small basic addons, cause it is too big to import it soon,

4 - civilian cars, civilian stuff like my vans, my cars, city bus, police cars, starting from few small basic addons, cause it is too big to import it soon, and probably driving

5 - modern weapons , which now are in AK weapons pack , like all those AK, AKMS, SVD, SVU, Groza, Abakan, AEK

6 - modern western weapons, G3, G36, M16A1, M14, UZI,

7 - generic Police addon, non military, but SWAT, Police,

8- not weapons, not human models but vehicles, BMP1, BMP2, M113, Bradley, etc. from vehicles addons from my 2010/2011 releases

Edited by vilas
  • Like 3

3 - Modern Polish Army. It was one of my favorite mods to play around with in A2. Lots of units, lots of vehicles. I would love to see that sooner rather than later.

My next choice would be 8 - vehicles, since we won't (probably) be seeing many BMP's, BRDM's, etc. with the direction A3 is going.

It'd be amazing to see fully realized aliens weapons/equipment with the new arma 3 features... imagine working smartgun eye pieces with the PIP stuff

failing that, some more 'modern' guns would be nice to have

please use poll, now it works, seems that applying poll is possible after post show, than options to set poll activate :)

I do not even know features of A3 yet, so please just vote , Smartgun would better have auto-aim for bullets if it is possible in A3 I do not know, please vote in poll

Man I love the sci fi stuff but I had to go with vehicles becuase we need those in Arma 3 first

Good to see you coming over vilas. I would love to see P85 over everything else. Something about that old Cold War era stuff in the A3 engine just seems awesome.

P85 Content would be a welcome addition and i think would be great to see in A3, also western and eastern weapon packs would be great. As would Armoured vehicles :)

i didn't see "continue helping Unsung" as an option ;)

anyway I know how much support you given them and just wanted to say thanks. I love nam mods and anything to make them be.

But my vote goes on, whatever makes you most happy to play/edit with.

Vilas, I guess we can safely say that anything you can get over will be much appreciated. Glad you made the jump to A3

I´d love to see 80s stuff with all the cool new Arma 3 features: also the old vests and helmets and rigs could be used to equip guerillia and resistance forces, or militia forces working with surplus pulled from stocks.

Will you be taking advantage of the new uniform/gear/helmets and weapons modification systems, no matter what you do?

Edit: Can´t decide between P85 and the Polish Army pack, can´t I pick both? :/ I guess I´ll roll dice...!

Your duty as a Pole is to ignore the results of this poll and release your Modern Polish Army addon. ;)

Ku Chwale Ojczyzny!

Bless you Vilas!!

Vote aliens cause they are awesome and there is not enough of this stuff in Arma

The way I look at it, is you have no idea what vehicles BI is going to add in when ARMA III comes to release. Don't let a lot of work go to nothing, I'd say wait on adding in vehicles. Focus on something you know they aren't adding in, such as a Modern Polish Army unit.

Poland,please do Poland,not for me or you, for motherland.Think about it- The first fully made modern army in ARMA 3. And it will be OUR army.You will maybe get a medal from MON for promoting our armed forces.POLAND STRONG !

Please take one vote from modern weapons in the poll and give it to Polish Army. Its my vote, ive been a fool few hours ago

Vilas,

It is apparent that hardwork goes into your mods. I thank you for that, but your mods just arent any good.

Thanks,

-Officer Jim Lahey

Vilas,

It is apparent that hardwork goes into your mods. I thank you for that, but your mods just arent any good.

Thanks,

-Officer Jim Lahey

Keep your opinions to yourself and piss off. I can't help but wonder why so many people use and enjoy vilas work if it is so bad like you claim. His Polish Army mod is probably one of my favorite armies to use in A2, and without his work a lot of other addon makers would be struggling to get various units, weapons and vehicles in game for their projects.

Ignore him vilas, keep up the great work! :)

Vilas,

Thanks,

-Officer Jim Lahey

+1 infraction for your attack and banned from thread.

Would like to get hands on it all asap (well, maybe not the aliens, for now) so voted on 6. Dem AK's baby ;)

Vilas,

Thanks,

-Officer Jim Lahey

Glad to see this is what we are getting in the community now. Congrats for making everyone else look bad :thumbsup:

Anyway Vilas, keep up the good work. Your stuff is great, and like I said before Project 85 > all. And to reinforce what Big Morgan said, we need it to balance out the future stuff.

Hi vilas,

Yeah mate, ignore that stupid comment man, your work is amazing for the community.