Sign in to follow this  
Etex

Disposable ATs

I wish Bohemia Interactive's developers answers to this question: Until when we will be forced to handle with NLAWs and M-136 with ammunition to reload these weapons systems ?

Everyone knows that these weapons systems are disposable. Until when ?

Arma 3 is knocking our door and the same mistake is pushed to us: Rechargeable ATs.

A little information to clarify our minds:

http://www.army-technology.com/projects/mbt_law/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AT4

I agree with my friend Etex.

this ends very disturbing and experience in the game and would like to be left as possible consistent with the fact that it is already a simulator.

sorry for my english, I'm using google translator.

I agree with the great, Etex.

Simulator as these small and large details are very necessary for a simulator, and I believe they send information to BIS to successfully implement such a function in end-game content and thus enrich the game.

I have to admit I'd like a fire and throw away AT weapon.

Also some light anti tank weapons would be nice like the ILAW - AT4 something thats not guided to add to the fun factor :)

Off topic some more belt fed light machine guns for example the FN - Minmi. We need a LMG not an Automatic rifle there rubbish L86A2 LSW V the L110A2 LMG there's no competition the LMG wins hands down :)

I will vote up on thatone. Basically, I'd love to see many features that has already been done in arma 2 ACE mod and made it's way to all new awesome RV4

I agree and i think you did right by opening a ticket since it could be just a placeholder, like the 3gl firing only one round. Voted up!

Only 41 votes seem to be little worrying...

I must add un-disposable launchers were true MP immersion breaker and players carried multiple propellers which rendered any armour simply useless when combined with deadly and not so realistic trajectory accuracy

There is some very questionable English in this thread!! Or should I say Há alguma Inglés questionável neste segmento

So what we are saying is we want realistic representation of real world weapons? So no change. Surely this is a simple case of saying "hey, BIS - this AT launcher doesn't work like this IRL" and they will take a look at it.

Possibly because to post in a thread you are.. well, replying to it.

I mean, why can't I post a new thread. (edit: it seems someone has changed my permissions now. Thanks. I now can post threads)

+1 with this. Sick of seeing my friends carry 9 rockets each and firing 1 rocket every 5 seconds. ^^

;2367274']+1 with this. Sick of seeing my friends carry 9 rockets each and firing 1 rocket every 5 seconds. ^^

Yes, although this will probably be tackled by the new weight system, so I hope it will no longer be possible to carry so many. Still, I'd say that another issue is the nearly instant lock on which is IMO as bad as 10's of propellets in a backpack

Only 41 votes seem to be little worrying...

I must add un-disposable launchers were true MP immersion breaker and players carried multiple propellers which rendered any armour simply useless when combined with deadly and not so realistic trajectory accuracy

Agreed.

Also, without a weight restriction, we have super soldiers who run and sprint with 80kg loads.

L86A2 LSW V the L110A2 LMG there's no competition the LMG wins hands down :)

Guessing your an L110A2 gunner ;)

I got dicked with LSW when I was a squirt and came to love the accuracy but by far as an automatic suppressive weapon the minimi wins hands down of course.

Throw away AT gets a big +1 from me!

Yes, yes and yes. No more useless rocket launcher spam. With disposable PCMLs, people will think twice before firing. Upvoted

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=11075 I've made a comprehensive suggestion as to how this and the also way to easily reloaded heavy launchers could be handled. Such as forcing the player to remain stationary while handling a 40 kg heavy piece of equipment. You don't reload a javelin on the move.

This is an important thing. I'd rather have actual gameplay difficulty, rather than what the current trend seems to be, which is nerfed AT weapons (going back to the 19 laws per T-80 from OFP times.)

You can do better than this, BI.

If I'm not mistaken, been a while since you can't reload AT while moving.

Anyway, upvoted for the disposable ATs (about time to be in the vanilla game!), slower reload animations (if breakable, maybe create a 2 step animation?).

Butthurt armor whores unite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm happy with single shot AT weapons as long as that single shot is a guaranteed kill if it hits.

disposableweapon = 1;

rejoice my friends. EDIT: while it seems BIS are making this happen..it doesn't seem to work.

Edited by Slatts

Where's this sudden influx of Brazilians come from? haha. But yes, disposable AT weapons are a must for immersion. Especially PHYSX enabled disposable AT weapons that roll down the hill after you dispose of them :p

I think it is impossible for the current engine version, because in RV4: weapons still just proxies (string value). Unlike DayZ SA engine which weapons are separated objects (container objects like vests, uniforms, backpacks in A3) from player.