Vespa

Arma3 Characters Modding Tutorial

Is it possible to add modified texture in a mp mission instead of an @ddon?

I just would like to add a medic brassard or patch on mine but i can't seem to make it work :(

I've try to follow the differents tutos right here in the thread but without success, all are for addons, no more explanations about the structure of the files too, i'm very confused about that.

If someone can point me in the right direction, or give me a little more informations about that, it would probably help me a lot!

Many thanks in advance!

In the tutorial is the following:

install VM_s-P3D_Export.mcr (included in A3_Character_Examples_1.1 ) into 3dsmax (like this: http://www.scriptspot.com/files/Run&Install_MacroScript.wmv , except our groups name is VM's) or Google "installing macroscripts in 3dsmax"

How does this actually work? How do I use this script? I installed it using the video. But:

1. Run macro

2. create custom Toolbar.

Now which is the right name for action to link it to my custom tool bar (e.g. arma2) Is it Visual MAXScript editor?

And then a nice tutorial how to use the script itself.

Edited by liukang168

Here's a tutorial I did on rigging+weighting a custom model in O2 for A2 - as it also applies to A3 it might be useful for somebody

Edited by Icewindo

In the tutorial is the following:

How does this actually work? How do I use this script? I installed it using the video. But:

1. Run macro

2. create custom Toolbar.

Now which is the right name for action to link it to my custom tool bar (e.g. arma2) Is it Visual MAXScript editor?

And then a nice tutorial how to use the script itself.

First line of the script:

macroScript P3D_Export category: "VM`s" ToolTip:"P3D_Export"

Everytime I import, lots of objects are not on the position they supposed to be is there a trick in it?

here a picture: (@Max Power: model is a free licence for non commercial use)

crap.jpg

Edited by liukang168

Everytime I import, lots of objects are not on the position they supposed to be is there a trick in it?

here a picture: (@Max Power: model is a free licence for non commercial use)

You should try diferent formats for exporting, *.3ds always turn and move things, *.Obj usually just mirror it but dont move the parts!

You should try diferent formats for exporting, *.3ds always turn and move things, *.Obj usually just mirror it but dont move the parts!

Problem is that when I export with 3d Max 9 (not 2009) the obj file couldnt be read allwys get an error.

Or could you tell me the right settings?

Group and Materials?

All to default, Object or material?

Use Material yes/no

Create material library yes /no

Germetry :

Rotate model?

Face?

Texture coordinates?

Normals?

Smooth groups?

Vertice scale (ammount)

File

#of digits

Compress number y/n

relative vertex number y/n

Anyone could give answr this?

---------- Post added at 01:56 ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 ----------

Problem is that when I export with 3d Max 9 (not 2009) the obj file couldnt be read allwys get an error.

Group and Materials?

Use Material yes/no

Germetry :

Rotate model?

Face?

Texture coordinates?

Normals?

Smooth groups?

Vertice scale (ammount)

File

#of digits

Compress number y/n

Well, now after fideling around with the "Unofficial Arma2 Modding Tools" i was able to export it in a better version. Resetting the pivots did its job. Though one object is still mia. Guess I should play more around instead of buggering the community.

:)

Though one object is still mia.
Could it be that bulldozer sometimes doesnt show all objects of a model? Edited by liukang168

Group and Materials?

Use Material yes/no

Germetry :

Rotate model?

Face?

Texture coordinates?

Normals?

Smooth groups?

Vertice scale (ammount)

File

#of digits

Compress number y/n

---------- Post added at 01:56 ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 ----------

Well, now after fideling around with the "Unofficial Arma2 Modding Tools" i was able to export it in a better version. Resetting the pivots did its job. Though one object is still mia. Guess I should play more around instead of buggering the community.

:)

Could it be that bulldozer sometimes doesnt show all objects of a model?

Allright upgrade to 3ds 2013. No more problems ...

Is there a hiddenselection for the upper portion of the tshirt combat uniform?

According to Stiltman tutorial here can we assign the new texture with

_unit addHeadGear "example_HelmetB";
_unit addUniform "example_CombatUniform_mcam";
_unit addVest "example_PlateCarrier1_rgr";

in a .sqf file? Or we must use another method/syntax?

maybe

this setObjectTexture "mynewtexture.paa";

and the default

_unit addHeadGear "HelmetB";
_unit addUniform "CombatUniform_mcam";
_unit addVest "PlateCarrier1_rgr";

in a .sqf file?

Edited by Spliffou

Yea I've already used the "camo" hiddenselection, but it only changes the texture of the pants, I'm looking for a hiddenselection for just the shirt on u_b_combatuniform_mcam_tshirt, if one even exists.

So, is there anyone who has been able to get "wound textures" working ? If so, how ?

Thanks in advance.

One quick one:

Which proxy is responsible for the hand skin? bysta is for the head.

One quick one:

Which proxy is responsible for the hand skin? bysta is for the head.

Hands are directly part of the model, there are some available in the ARMA3 sample IIRC.

Hands are directly part of the model, there are some available in the ARMA3 sample IIRC.

I am building a custom unit that doesnt require the regular hands or the head. So is there a way to hide the hand skinning? For the head it was neough to remove the bysta proxy.

P.S. Stalker your message box is full :)

I am building a custom unit that doesnt require the regular hands or the head. So is there a way to hide the hand skinning? For the head it was neough to remove the bysta proxy.

P.S. Stalker your message box is full :)

Hmm, if you haven't added the arma hands to the model then there shouldn't be any appearing AFAIK...

Its seem like the skin attaches automaticly to the section that refers to lower arm, hand, fingers. e.g. forearmroll and hand ...

Is there anyway to make the model not use the skinning?

just a minor detail. i was yesterday looking for this thread again and didn't find it. had to use google :o

it might be good to have a link to this in the sticky of the modelling section of the arma 3 editing section where most people would look for something like this. no biggie. just found it weird that it is here and not there.

i have a technical question about clothes.

are the naked arms and legs hidden when using a uniform or is everything just very carefully weighted so nothing sticks/clips through? if stuff is hidden, is that customizable and where do i define it in the config? meaning the selections that are hidden and when.

i'm interested in this because i'm trying to abuse the uniform slot as a pants slot and the vest slot as a upper body slot. of course i would be much happier if upper and lower body clothes would be divided in the vanilla game but just knowing how i can simulate it with some tricks would already be awesome too.

Neither / nor.

AFIAK, the 'naked' body model completely replaces the 'uniformed' model and vice versa.

Your approach would still work though. You just need to model a pant 'uniform' with naked upper body.

Cheers,

D.

Edited by Dimitri_Harkov
little correction

As DH said, the "naked_body" model is completely swapped out for a uniform model when one is applied. With armour models, it is applied on top of the uniform. With that in mind. If your uniform model was just a pair of trousers, the whole naked body model would be replaced leaving just a pair of legs lol. That said, you could take the top half of the sample model from BIS to give the impression it's still there (if that makes any sense).

Issue would be weighting the upper body slot so as not to clip through the top half of the naked body if you did it this way. Alternatively you could just not use the naked upper body, but that would look a bit odd lol

AFIAK, the 'naked' body model completely replaces the 'uniformed' model and vice versa.

well i figured that much. the main thing that interests me is how to activate that for vests. guess i gotta script it for now. i looked through the configs and didn't find anything yet. there are some hidden selections just for under water which is interesting. i guess the body hiding for the uniform is hard coded though:(

Seeing i appear to be getting a message every day or so asking for help to create retextures of the BI models i figure i would write this up to send to them, though this just seemed like the best place to post so everyone could see it.

This tutorial has now been added to PMC Editing Wiki: ArmA 3 ReTexturing Tools Basics Tutorial by Scarecrow398.

Lift post in this forum which seems to me more active: :)

Can we define a radio headset or other objects on the head of a soldier as "headgear" is assigned the corresponding item in the inventory of his choice. (NVG, Radio ,Binocular , ect...)

See the post here http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?153269-radio-headset&p=2376571#post2376571