Sign in to follow this  
lightspeed_aust

Driving horrible...

Not sure if it's just me but I found the driving pretty bad.

Engine sounding like its revving hard but no torque at all.

Screeching tires when vehicle starting or slowing - it's not that easy to squeal tires irl.

Handling worse than Arma 2.

Interested in others opinions on this.

Yes the interiors looked better and the hands turned - they were the positives.

Yes this is true, but this IS alpha and also the alpha is an infantry focused release. I am sure all of this will be fixed later on, i believe that beta is air and full game will get everything tweaked.

Still i like the new driving handling feels better than A2 tbh.

Once i reset my keys (basically got rid of the "steer more..." thingy binded to the mouse), i don't see major changes with ArmA2, but i agree that the braking/screeching sound is awful.

The mouse under corrects and seems to lag, more vehicle steering sensitivity needed. I have to move it laterally about 10cm to get the car to turn and then it turns too much - can't keep it on the road. Keyboard keys turn too quickly. I'm sure the cartoon skid noises are very temporary lol. I would have used a gravel skid sound effect in preference.

I agree that the driving is better, but the sensitivity needs tweaking, I have to turn the wheel so much just to turn a little bit. The tire screech is awful aswell, doesn't fit in at all and I doubt you'd get that effect from stopping or turning on grass. I don't even think it works well on asphalt. The sound does not sound very dynamic.

I have no issues with the driving handling, the sounds however is pretty horrific.

I like the driving better than a2 but the sensitivity is too high at least with keyboard it seems to turn too fast/much with fast click. And sounds ok they are quite horrible, the engine seems to be revving all the time when your at top speed which real car dosent do it sounds stupid / awfull