Kerc Kasha

Compass + Watch Enlarger

First thing I noticed in Arma 3 was we were back to the tiny useless compass again, so I converted the changes in the beta patch over to A3 so usable compass again! I removed the stuff regarding the GPS as it broke it entirely.

Original credit for the change goes to defunkt, I only converted it over and tested it.

5m2QZAf.jpg

(note this image has been cropped and resized to 75% of the original resolution, the text is perfectly readable at 1920x1080)

Link to larger version featured in V1.1

Download Link

Armaholic Link

EDIT: This will probably be replaced when Bohemia updates A3 to the beta changes but for now people can distribute it freely both via mirrors and in addon packs.

Edited by Kerc Kasha

One of those tiny tiny features i forget ACE spoils us with! Essential thank you!

Yesterdays coop TS3: "contact 200 meter, about 150°"

Me: *opens compass* .... "shiiiiiiiit"

So thanks alot, this will come in handy!

Does BI have some kind of fetish regarding small stuff? Anyways, thx for this mod, it is pretty much essential. Can't believe they made it so small again...

Download link is giving me 403. Nice mod though :)

Download link is giving me 403. Nice mod though :)

That's odd, maybe the @ in the filename is breaking something. Try another browser maybe? seems other people aren't having an issue with the download. If all else fails i'll put it up on mediafire or something

That's odd, maybe the @ in the filename is breaking something. Try another browser maybe? seems other people aren't having an issue with the download. If all else fails i'll put it up on mediafire or something

This is most interesting, I switched the @ character to hex (%40) and now it works. This shouldn't be my browser's fault though because I host mod files beginning with @ myself and the downloads work just fine from my own machine. Anyhow, thanks! :)

Essential mod, thanks :)

Is GPS in A3 broken? Clicking right ctrl+m for me just brings up the map screen for me :(

^^ you need to have GPS in your inventory, for CTRL-M to work.

Anyway it appears very alpha: it pops up in the middle of your screen it has just the map. That is prolly the reason it is not included in your inv by default.

Thank you! I hope BIS enlarge them for the full game to make everything actually readable.

Does BI have some kind of fetish regarding small stuff? Anyways, thx for this mod, it is pretty much essential. Can't believe they made it so small again...

Its true that at least BI should include a scale up option in settings for these HUD instruments its almost wrong not to see it, as its so obvious its something missing if your used to mods/ACE.

if you want BIS to do this in vanilla post it in the feedback tracker, thats being very actively monitered by them

most of the time is suspect its like paradox, anything that on the forums has to be transfered to the tracker by staff if the community won't do it

Thanks for this, a must have mod.

It really should be an unnecessary mod in the first place. During the entire development period of arma 1, 2 and 3, how come not one single BIS employee raised their hand and said: "Hey boss. This compass sucks ass! As it has in every single game we have produced, it's impossible to read the digits. Lets make a proper one for a change, eh."!?

Edited by Bullet Purveyor

Curiously this doesn't seem to work for me (unlike for every other person in this thread?), the compass sizes normally. My friend got the same result. Any ideas what's wrong?

Some screens to show that I've at least managed to enable the mod:

http://i.imgur.com/rrhccxS.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/kd8v1fH.jpg

Looks like it's working to me, try without the mod and you'll see how tiny it is.

After using this a bit in multiplayer I might kick the size of it up a couple notches

Looks like it's working to me, try without the mod and you'll see how tiny it is.

I checked and this isn't the case, for me it's exactly the same size without the mod: http://i.imgur.com/Hxur5Po.jpg

Could interface size or something else in the graphics options have an effect?