Sign in to follow this  
roberthammer

Question about Camera.sqs

Hello

I liked to ask if in arma 3 is the Camera.sqs thingy? it was great to do nice pics but camera.sqs doesnt work in arma 3 :/

so i need help - to find similar script which does same thing or find some arma 3 version of it

ahead thank you

Cheers :)

Edited by RobertHammer

Use camera.sqf instead. :-)

hmm are you sure? i tried with sqf but it gave me some teleporting or something and stucked in the map mode :D

While you're previewing a mission, pause the game and press F1, debug console will open and you can launch the camera script by clicking on a button.

While you're previewing a mission, pause the game and press F1, debug console will open and you can launch the camera script by clicking on a button.

yeah - that did it , thx :)

I am using the camera.sqs script through a trigger and it works fine. I have an object named "h" executed it: On activation: h exec "camera.sqs".

From what I remember in Arma2, the sqs file has a redirect to an sqf file.

I always use it by placing this in the init of my unit, then i can use it whenever i want/need it. Looks like it's working in A3 as well. :)

player addAction ["Photo", "camera.sqs"]

I use it to spy on people in my server via trigger.:p

First thing: playable unit named whatever you want.

Make sure you are the playable unit that's named of course;)

Trigger:

activated: Radio Aplha

repeatedly.

Condition: if (player == yourname) then {player exec "camera.sqs"};

Thats it.

Related to this question - there are no buldozer controls in A3 yet so rotation of the camera can only be achieved by using the numpad keys. Is this an alpha issue, or am I missing something ?

Related to this question - there are no buldozer controls in A3 yet so rotation of the camera can only be achieved by using the numpad keys. Is this an alpha issue, or am I missing something ?

The work around right now is to launch A2, go into control options and set the bindings for the bulldozer. Then go into your A2 profile folder in documents, open your config file with notepad and copy the bulldozer bindings. Just paste all that into your A3 config file and you'll be up and running. Worked alright for me, except the turbo didn't get transferred over which was probably just a user error on my end.

Actually, if you open your profile file, at the end of the key assignments you will find keybuld...[]=. You can copy an paste to reassign them as you please. I have the mouse for looking and the keys for moving just as my infantry keys.

Hehe...you bit me to it Beard :)