+1 for the watches bug

happens SOMETIMES when u get revived .. we are using VAS and BTC Revive

we will check if this happens in ur War Storm mission too

It goes without saying that I like his script, if it worked as intended. I'm not the only one having this issue and quite frankly when you root through 970 posts looking for an answer to your issues and all you find is the author saying shit that equates to "Oh, this again *smug fucking emote*" yeah it's a little frustrating.

Imagine going to the doctor about an illness and all he says is, oh we fixed that last year and rolls his eyes at you. That doesn't help you and your current predicament does it?

Maybe because the answer was in the very previous page. You know, honestly i don't care if it doesn't work for you, it's your problem since i can play without any errors. I'm tired of wasting my free time replying here. Good luck and have fun.

You take being vague and make it an artform, truly magnificient, have a nice life.

It goes without saying that I like his script, if it worked as intended. I'm not the only one having this issue and quite frankly when you root through 970 posts looking for an answer to your issues and all you find is the author saying shit that equates to "Oh, this again *smug fucking emote*" yeah it's a little frustrating.

Imagine going to the doctor about an illness and all he says is, oh we fixed that last year and rolls his eyes at you. That doesn't help you and your current predicament does it?

You know what's even more frustrating? Spending your free time making something for OTHERS to enjoy then having to deal with crap like this. If you're that worked up about it why not post your mission and error logs for him to check out? Perhaps help the process instead of hindering it?

Trust me kid we see this all the time and if this is your attitude in life.. well... good luck then :)

It's interesting that someone would have a donations link, but not be able to answer basic questions about his script, that obviously I and several others since I posted have come forwards with as a problem.

okay "kid", quit projecting.

Savage, you might want to track down where all this started, it started with me simply asking if this works with VAS, I was met with a sarcastic smug cunt response.

So really, who was rude to whom first? As for "dealing with crap like this" yet again, I asked a simple question and was met with a sarcastic response, you tell me where that gets you in life.

Edited by Linkage

Sorry I don't usually make angry posts.. I had not had enough coffee yet. I don't mean any insult with the 'kid' remark.

I'm just saying check the attitude.. it's HOW you ask for help that is important. I don't care who's emoticon pissed off who... at the end of the day you are asking for assistance it's important that you don't come across as a dick. The author IS helpful to those who ask as you can see from the rest of the thread.

Well tbh, I may have missed posts in the 970+ that may have had the info I needed, but I did find him mentioning it twice, both of those were sarcastic rolling eyes bullshit that would get your eyes gouged out with spoons in the business this "kid" comes from.

Works both ways bro, mutual respect it's called.

I think you need to take less away from the emoticons in posts.

There's no conflict with VAS, again :rolleyes:

Here is the post you are referring to?? I assume the rolleyes is there because he's answered the question 500 times already.. .not gonna check the whole thread. Don't take that personally my friend... I'm sure he's not thinking "Oh that Linkage guy is a fucking idiot".... he's thinking "not this question again".

Your subsequent posts do come off as aggressive perhaps you should re-read them. Also respect is earned, not implied.

Anyway sorry for hijacking the thread :) We should probably stop here.

Just FYI top right of this page just below the page numbers you can see "Search Thread". If you put VAS into that you will get all posts where VAS is mentioned in just this thread. If you then find the latest one where someone asks your question, click the post title it will take you to that post in context, you can then scroll down from there to find response.

So tell me where rolling your eyes at someone's legit question earns you any respect in anyone's book, I come off as aggressive afterwards because of this. I'm an aggressive guy, just my nature.

A certain level of respect can be earned but you should treat everyone with respect unless they show otherwise, or don't they teach that to kids anymore?

Who rolled their eyes at whom is completely immaterial to this thread. If you people have any problems with each other, please take it to PM.

There is a lot they don't teach to kids anymore but that is not for this thread.

Think about it for a second man. You come into the authors thread asking a question (actually not even asking.. just stating "So it's not fixed yet??"). Right there you've set the aggressive tone. He's answered this question X times before including the previous two pages.. he's had a long day.. whatever. He's sick of answering this question but at least he gives you an answer.

Was the emoticon necessary? Probably not. Can I understand why it's there? For sure. Then think about all the posts on this forum where people are demanding X and Y and generally being dicks about it (if you don't read these forums a lot then trust me it's like a disease these days).

Anyway this is getting us nowhere.. can we just kiss and make up?

Edit: sorry MagDogX you ninja'd me

I hope I'm not stepping in to the middle of an argument here with my first post on the forums :/

Maybe my noobyness will lighten the mood :)

First off, thanks for the script. Work like yours is most appreciated. Sadly, I think i'm too stupid to get it working the way I want it :) It is currently configured as below:

BTC_r_new_system = 0; //WIP - set 1 to activate it

BTC_r_wait_for_revive = 1;//If BTC_r_new_system set to 1 you can choose if you want or not a revive time available after death (Similar to wounding system in ACE)

BTC_r_action = 0;//[NOT IMPLEMENTED] - 0 if you don't want the healing animation (ACE style), 1 if you want the animations (You can't stop the animation)

BTC_r_med_fa = 1;//0 for only first aid kit, 1 if you don't have a medikit you need a first aid kit, 2 only medikit

BTC_r_cpr_time = 60;

BTC_r_trans_ratio = 100;

BTC_revive_time_min = 5;

BTC_revive_time_max = 600;

BTC_who_can_revive = ["Man"];

BTC_loop_check = 0;

BTC_disable_respawn = 0;

BTC_respawn_gear = 1;

BTC_active_lifes = 1;

BTC_lifes = 10;

BTC_spectating = 2;//0 = disable; 1 = units group; 2 = side units; 3 = all units

BTC_spectating_view = [0,0];//To force a view set the first number of the array to 1. The second one is the view mode: 0 = first person; 1 = behind the back; 2 = High; 3 = free

BTC_s_mode_view = ["First person","Behind the back","High","Free"];

BTC_black_screen = 0;//Black screen + button while unconscious or action wheel and clear view

BTC_action_respawn = 0;//if black screen is set to 0 you can choose if you want to use the action wheel or the button. Keep in mind that if you don't use the button, the injured player can use all the action, frag too....

BTC_camera_unc = 1;

BTC_camera_unc_type = ["Behind the back","High","Free"];

BTC_respawn_time = 0;

BTC_active_mobile = 1;//Active mobile respawn (You have to put in map the vehicle and give it a name. Then you have to add one object per side to move to the mobile (BTC_base_flag_west,BTC_base_flag_east) - (1 = yes, 0 = no))

BTC_mobile_respawn = 1;//Active the mobile respawn fnc (1 = yes, 0 = no)

BTC_mobile_respawn_time = 30;//Secs delay for mobile vehicle to respawn

BTC_need_first_aid = 1;//You need a first aid kit to revive (1 = yes, 0 = no)

BTC_pvp = 0; //(disable the revive option for the enemy)

BTC_injured_marker = 1;

BTC_3d_can_see = ["Man"];

BTC_3d_distance = 30;

BTC_3d_icon_size = 0.5;

BTC_3d_icon_color = [1,0,0,1];

BTC_dlg_on_respawn = 1;//1 = Mobile only - 2 Leader group and mobile - 3 = Units group and mobile - 4 = All side units and mobile

BTC_objects_actions_west = [bTC_base_flag_west];

BTC_objects_actions_east = [bTC_base_flag_east];

BTC_objects_actions_guer = [];

BTC_objects_actions_civ = [];

if (isServer) then

I have two respawn markers on the map. One for East, one for West. What i'm trying to achieve is simple. When someone is killed I want them to be revivable for 2 minutes. During this time, I don't want them to be able to control camera etc, just be able to see themselves and for the indicator to tell them how far away the nearest medic is. If they are not revived, I'd like them simply to respawn at base without being given the option of where to respawn. I've tried tweaking the config to do this but I either end up unable to revive anyone, even with a medkit, respawning instantly to a black screen that will not go away (i can still hear myself moving, shooting etc) or respawning with an empty mag and minus any ammo I used before I died. For example, I might use two HE grenades to kill myself, and I would respawn at base without those grenades.

Sorry if this has been answered before!

Thank you PrivateBovine and don't worry, you're in the middle of nothing ;)

Try to modify as follow:

BTC_revive_time_max = 120;
BTC_camera_unc = 0;

It should work if i understand you correctly!

Many thanks :)

I still seem to respawn without the ammo I used before being killed. No biggy for the moment, I will just chuck a couple of ammo crates at spawn.

Thanks again :)

Hi Giallustio (or anyone else, who might be able to help!),

You kindly helped me several weeks ago,to get my BTC revive script running, after there was some errors- which is working great!

I hope I can call on your brains again. I have a coop mission, which is essentially a survive/rescue type mission. So I have 4 recon units holed up in a compound, surrounded etc (if the teamleader of the recon unit dies, its a mission fail) and another squad to "rescue" them, whilst fighting through enemy territory (about a 6km journey).

I am using the btc revive and have a "base" and mobile respawn set up for the rescue team. In the briefing I simply state that the recon unit uses revive only (especially as the team leader can't die...). For obvious reasons that I don't won't the recon players to end up at the base respawn and also if I had a respawn at the recon units location, the other squad could spawn at it.

I hadn't considered a separate respawn, until I saw a thread where someone managed to actually do it (although with a slight variation).

He changed a line in the BTC functions: player setPos getMarkerPos BTC_respawn_marker (which is line 1147 in my version of your script) to: if (typeOf player == "B_Helipilot_F") then {player setPos getMarkerPos "pilot";} else {player setPos getMarkerPos BTC_respawn_marker;}; "pilot" was the name of a marker. So he specified the unit class and made it work...

I have tried doing the same thing, replacing my units types B_recon_M_F , B_recon_medic_F, B_recon_TL_F , B_recon_LAT_F (I have just tried testing with one unit at the moment- will figure out how to add all 4 later!) So right now I have: if (typeOf player == " B_recon_M_F") then {player setPos getMarkerPos "recon"} else {player setPos getMarkerPos BTC_respawn_marker;}; "recon" is a marker.

but this isn't working for me- the principle is the same, but I can't figure out what else to do? I think my BTC script version is a couple of updates a head of when this guy managed to get it to work- any help/suggestions on how to create a separate respawn for specific units please?

Sorry for my long post!

Edited by pathfinder2-1

Hi,

Is there a way to set this script so the following is possible:

Medics only can revive, however anyone with a medkit can "stablise" and stop / increase the bleedout time?

Cheers

V

Hey,

I want the players to have 2 revive opportunities but when I play they can be revived infinite times. Did I do something wrong?

BTC_active_lifes = 1;

BTC_lifes = 2;

Edited by rametas

Hello, in the full version of the .94 script we are still running into issues with the infinite watches. This doesn't appear to be an issue with the lite version of the script. I took your suggestion and commented out those lines that add the watches, do you mind if I ask what purpose the watch addItem lines serve? I figure it's a workaround for some issue, I'm just curious.

Are you sure you have the last one, right?

Because the gear respawn feature is the same in the lite version.

I used this work-around to reassign the gear to the proper "cargo".

This won't be necessary with the new patch, but we need to wait for it.

Ahhhh I see, that's pretty clever!

Thanks for your script, we've been enjoying it immensely at Clear Backblast.

Hey,

is there an option setup for letting non-medics only bandage bleeding with first aid kit and disable morphine and trans for them? The medic instead should be able to use all functions.

regards,

ian

couple of quickie questions

When using BTC revive and VAS in unison should the line BTC_respawn_gear = 1; or BTC_respawn_gear = 0;

And is there a way to delay the time until the resapwn button becomes availabe?

Would like to stop players getting killed and instantly respawning and teleporting back to MHQ.

Thanks in advance

BTC_revive_time_min = time_you_want;

If you want to use VAS option set it to 0, otherwise set it to 1.

BTC_revive_time_min = time_you_want;

If you want to use VAS option set it to 0, otherwise set it to 1.

Thanks very much

Our missions just wouldnt be the same without your revive - Cheers

---------- Post added at 04:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 PM ----------

the rev time min is currently set to 120 but the button appears immediatly - any ideas?