Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Hey Gia, awesome release! Can't wait to test it. When you get a chance for the next release, could you maybe add comments for every setting in the init file clarifying what they do? I'd be happy to help :)

I guess my primary question would be, what does the new system actually add in? :)

Also, is there any way to give a clear screen/spectator view when a person is down, but hide the Action wheel/respawn button?

I guess my primary question would be, what does the new system actually add in? :)

Bandages, morphine, epi, transfution and so on. I think the best way to understarnd it it's to give it a try.

Also, is there any way to give a clear screen/spectator view when a person is down, but hide the Action wheel/respawn button?

What do u mean? Did you try the unconscious camera?

By the way, I had added in my own comments to help me remember what everything does in the revive init, you're free to use/ignore :)

/*
Created by =BTC= Giallustio
version 0.93 Official release
Visit us at: 
http://www.blacktemplars.altervista.org/
06/03/2012
*/

////////////////// EDITABLE \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
BTC_r_new_system    = 0; //WIP - set 1 to activate it
BTC_r_wait_for_revive = 1;//If BTC_r_new_system set to 1 you can choose if you want or not a revive time available after death (Similar to wounding system in ACE)
BTC_r_action        = 0;//[NOT IMPLEMENTED] - 0 if you don't want the healing animation (ACE style), 1 if you want the animations (You can't stop the animation)
BTC_r_med_fa        = 1;//0 for only first aid kit, 1 if you don't have a medikit you need a first aid kit, 2 only medikit
BTC_r_cpr_time      = 60;
BTC_r_trans_ratio   = 100;
BTC_revive_time_min = 5;  // How long, in seconds, until an unconscious player will be able to be revived.
BTC_revive_time_max = 600;  // How long, in seconds, that a player will stay unconscious, awaiting revival.
BTC_who_can_revive  = ["Man"];  // All players "Man" can revive.
BTC_loop_check      = 0;
BTC_disable_respawn = 1; // 0 = Self Respawn enabled, 1 = Self Respawn disabled.
BTC_respawn_gear    = 1; // 0 = Respawn player with default gear when respawned.  1 = Respawn player with new/picked up gear when respawned.
BTC_active_lifes    = 1; // Limit the number of lives (respawns & revives) a player can have? (0 = No, 1 = Yes)
BTC_lifes           = 10; // Set a max number of revives if previous set to limited number of lives. (Counts both times you get revived and times respawned.
BTC_spectating      = 0;//Allows players to spectate action while unconcious. 0 = disable; 1 = can spectate units group; 2 = can spectate side units; 3 = can spectate all units
BTC_spectating_view = [0,0];//To force a view set the first number of the array to 1. The second one is the view mode: 0 = first person; 1 = behind the back; 2 = High; 3 = free
BTC_s_mode_view     = ["First person","Behind the back","High","Free"];
BTC_black_screen    = 1;//Black screen + button while unconscious or action wheel and clear view
BTC_action_respawn  = 1;//if black screen is set to 0 you can choose if you want to use the action wheel or the button. Keep in mind that if you don't use the button, the injured player can use all the action, frag too....
BTC_camera_unc      = 1;
BTC_camera_unc_type = ["Behind the back","High","Free"];
BTC_respawn_time    = 0;
BTC_active_mobile   = 1;//Active mobile respawn (You have to put in map the vehicle and give it a name. Then you have to add one object per side to move to the mobile (BTC_base_flag_west,BTC_base_flag_east) - (1 = yes, 0 = no))
BTC_mobile_respawn  = 1;//Active the mobile respawn fnc (1 = yes, 0 = no)
BTC_mobile_respawn_time = 30;//Secs delay for mobile vehicle to respawn
BTC_need_first_aid = 1;//You need a first aid kit to revive (1 = yes, 0 = no)
BTC_pvp = 0; // Allow revive option for the enemy, 0 = Disable, 1 = Enable)
BTC_injured_marker = 1;
BTC_3d_can_see     = ["Man"];
BTC_3d_distance    = 30;
BTC_3d_icon_size   = 0.5;
BTC_3d_icon_color  = [1,0,0,1];
BTC_dlg_on_respawn = 1; //1 = Mobile only - 2 Leader group and mobile - 3 = Units group and mobile - 4 = All side units and mobile
BTC_objects_actions_west = [bTC_base_flag_west];  // Editable - Objects/Locations available for West side respawn
BTC_objects_actions_east = [bTC_base_flag_east]; // Editable - Objects/Locations available for East side respawn
BTC_objects_actions_guer = []; // Editable - Objects/Locations available for independant side respawn
BTC_objects_actions_civ  = []; // Editable - Objects/Locations available for civilian side respawn
if (isServer) then
{
BTC_vehs_mobile_west = [mobile_west_0];//Editable - Include all mobile respawn objects in array for side west, blank out if no mobile respawn (BTC_mobile_respawn = 0)
BTC_vehs_mobile_east = [mobile_east_0];//Editable - As above, but for East Side
BTC_vehs_mobile_guer = [];//Editable - As above, but for independent side
BTC_vehs_mobile_civ  = [];//Editable - As above, but for civilian side
};

---------- Post added at 14:22 ---------- Previous post was at 14:19 ----------

What do u mean? Did you try the unconscious camera?

Well, in my main mission, I've disabled self respawn, so the player has to be revived by another player. I'd like to just flat out remove the respawn button completely and let them just spectate their body but have no respawn button or action wheel options until they are revived or BTC_revive_time_max expires.

camera unc set to 1 and disable respawn shold do the trick! revive_min it's the time that a player has to wait before respawn, just to clarify ;)

What is the advanced wounding system?

EDIT: Okay, I tried it out. I like it, however I don't know how I feel about it taking 4 FAKs to revive someone w/o a Medikit, and then they still have to have a medikit to be able to move beyond a walk. In the future, is it possible for you to add some module options to this function, such as disabling the need for certain steps (thus reducing the amount of FAK needed) and maybe even disabling the medikit requirement at the end of the revive?

Edited by GMJaken

Is it possible to test this new system in SP?

---------- Post added at 18:03 ---------- Previous post was at 17:38 ----------

Ok I crashed a few cars, and now realize I really like this new system. It could do with some better buttons, since the text cuts off.

One mobile is not define at startup. Do you create the mhq or put it with the editor ?

I created them both in the mission, but also put the name of them in the script i.e. [mobile_west_0, mobile_west_1]. Could my problem lie with the fact that one of them is a helicopter?

Quick comment/suggestion to folks using the revive script. One of the things I've found that works out great is that you can easily add Mission parameters that players can choose to change settings with Revive (and other scripts as well). To do that you just need to add some code to description.ext and then make some tweaks to the script you want it to change.

So for example, I want the players to be able to turn on/off the Advanced wounding system if they want, and also set the maximum number of 'lives' they get. So I did the following:

In your description.ext file set up a Class section for Parameters (Params).

// Set Changeable Parameters in the Mission Start Up
class Params
{
// paramArray[0]
		class advancedWounding {
			title = "Use Advanced Wounding System?";
			values[] = {0,1};
			texts[] = {"No","Yes"};
			default = 0;
			};	
// paramsArray[1]
		class maxRespawns {
		   title = "Number of Times a Player may Respawn (Counts both revives and manual revives)";
		   values[] = {1,3,5,10,20,999};
		   texts[] = {"1","3","5","10","20","Unlimited"};
		   default = 20;
		};
};

Then in your =BTC=_revive_init.sqf you can pull those values and plug them into the init. So for mine I have the following at the top of my file:

// Options from description.ext

advWound = (paramsArray select 0);  // Select Parameter for Advanced Wounding System.

maxRespawns = (paramsArray select 1);  // Select Parameter for Number of Respawns

Then you can just reference those variables in the init file, so I have the following two tweaked:

BTC_r_new_system = advWound; //WIP - set 1 to activate it
BTC_lifes = maxRespawns; // Set a max number of revives if previous set to limited number of lives. (Counts both times you get revived and times respawned.

I use Parameters all over the place to let players choose all sorts of variables like Time of Day, Weather, Revive settings and even the amount/skill of AI in mission and it really let's them tailor to their playstyle.

Edited by Meatball

This new wounding system is great but I'm having a problem with the bandage animations. When I use a bandage my character makes the animations but the bandage doesn't work and I can't stop the bleeding. I tried bandaging 3 times in a row to see if the problem was the amount of bandage needed, doesn't work either. Is it just for me or is there really this problem? Anyway, the other animations are working good. Thanks for the script and keep up the awesome work!

BTC_r_action        = 0;//[NOT IMPLEMENTED] - 0 if you don't want the healing animation (ACE style), 1 if you want the animations (You can't stop the animation)

I get this error when trying to start mission, and now load up the mission, something in the "=BTC=_respawn.h" file, which is untouched by me.

?phnm6p56n7tn62p

Quick comment/suggestion to folks using the revive script. One of the things I've found that works out great is that you can easily add Mission parameters that players can choose to change settings with Revive (and other scripts as well). To do that you just need to add some code to description.ext and then make some tweaks to the script you want it to change.

So for example, I want the players to be able to turn on/off the Advanced wounding system if they want, and also set the maximum number of 'lives' they get. So I did the following:

In your description.ext file set up a Class section for Parameters (Params).

// Set Changeable Parameters in the Mission Start Up
class Params
{
// paramArray[0]
		class advancedWounding {
			title = "Use Advanced Wounding System?";
			values[] = {0,1};
			texts[] = {"No","Yes"};
			default = 0;
			};	
// paramsArray[1]
		class maxRespawns {
		   title = "Number of Times a Player may Respawn (Counts both revives and manual revives)";
		   values[] = {1,3,5,10,20,999};
		   texts[] = {"1","3","5","10","20","Unlimited"};
		   default = 20;
		};
};

Then in your =BTC=_revive_init.sqf you can pull those values and plug them into the init. So for mine I have the following at the top of my file:

// Options from description.ext

advWound = (paramsArray select 0);  // Select Parameter for Advanced Wounding System.

maxRespawns = (paramsArray select 1);  // Select Parameter for Number of Respawns

Then you can just reference those variables in the init file, so I have the following two tweaked:

BTC_r_new_system = advWound; //WIP - set 1 to activate it
BTC_lifes = maxRespawns; // Set a max number of revives if previous set to limited number of lives. (Counts both times you get revived and times respawned.

I use Parameters all over the place to let players choose all sorts of variables like Time of Day, Weather, Revive settings and even the amount/skill of AI in mission and it really let's them tailor to their playstyle.

Thanks Meatball. I found this very useful :cool:

Gial,

I'm trying to use the mobile respawns, but they dont seem to want to work fur the guer/AAF faction. I have a flag named BTC_base_flag_guer and a mobile respawn named mobile_g

In the init I have that flag named defined as BTC_objects_actions_guer = [bTC_base_flag_guer];

And then the mobile string defined as such: BTC_vehs_mobile_guer = [mobile_g];//Editable - define mobile independent

Active mobile and mobile respawn are set to both 1 with a standard 30sec timer.

The action on the flag isn't even appearing. Any ideas?

I'll check it asap!

Do let us know what you find, I am also having the same issue as SpectreRSG with mobile spawning.

Using =BTC=_revive version 0.93 RC 6 on release version of ArmA3 (v1.00). Revive script works when running from within the client but does not run at all on dedicated server.

Same result using the =BTC=_revive.Stratis test mission.

All that happens is an instantaneous respawn back at base with no options.

Also, may or may not be related, but Mobile respawns are no longer showing their labels.

Edited by DJPorterNZ
Additional info added