Stable for me mate. I only got that error once I updated to the 0.93 version of revive. Other than that it's great.

Any ideas on how to get rid of it?

Weird 'cause i don't get the error...Try to add this at the fnc start:

private ["_veh"];

i got the latest d/l of your site as well.

i had a prob with the flag checked east spawn site, but fixed that by calling it a flag pole but lost on the text i posted above.

must say, its a detailed script, that is well out of my understanding on how it works, but it does.

any help to sort our errors, much appreciated

Giallustio,

I had started making my own Revive back when the alpha first came out but I just couldn't be bothered to finish it. If you want the dialog I could give it to you, my opinion I think that is the only thing your system lacks :P

Here's a screen shot:

http://iamtonic.co/a3/a3_revive.png

Follows the traditional norrin.

Hi! I need your help.. I'm going crazy here.. I have installed the script like it says in the installation videos. When im about try the script out in multiplayer i just get CARRY , DRAG in the scroll menu.

So I don't get the First Aid option in the scroll menu. Why is that? please help!

@tonic

i've a dialog ready for the next version! Thank you for the offer!

I can't use a button for the mobile because they could be more than two and i don't want to put a limit. There will be some new features to try when i'll get home! ;)

Giallustio I found out the reason why I get the error...

It's because I spawn my players with no weapons or kit at the start of missions, but the culprit which actually causes the error is no primary weapon. Spawn with a primary weapon and it's fine, but without a primary weapon and I get the error.

So I guess my question is... is there anything I can do about it? besides having to spawn players with a primary weapon which I don't want to do unless I have to?

Edited by -AMI- MoFo

I'll take a look at it, in the meanwhile you can spawn with the weapon, wait for the revive initialization and then remove it. I wanted to work on the gear system too but i think i'll look at it after the release of the new stable 'cause they added a lot of command related to the gear in the dev

LOL!

dev or stable guys?

I'm not sure what those mean, I have been away from the game for a few years just getting back now so I'm a bit rusty.

I'm not sure what those mean, I have been away from the game for a few years just getting back now so I'm a bit rusty.

So that likely means your using the Stable build. :) The Arma 3 beta build has the option run a 'stable' build that they only patch every so often, or a 'dev' build that gets updates continuously as BI is pushing them out. The Dev build will be closer to what the final game will be, but is likely to be more buggy as new changes are thrown into there first.

hmm, not sure, I just bought it off steam, I don't recall getting a choice.

You have to go into the game properties under steam, then click Beta, then select the Beta Dev Build. So unlikely you've done that accidentally. :) So, stable.

Unfortunately the changing of the blufor player unit with weapon did not fix the onscreen error pop up I am still getting.

I have uploaded the mission in its most basic state of 2 spawn vehicles, the cargo box and 1 player blufor unit in the hope someone can check it out for a fix.

my current arma 3 version is 74.108

http://rapidshare.com/files/4057257220/steve_respawn_test.Stratis.rar

Ok, so the error posted on previous page of this thread, that i have been getting is related to me simply building onto the existing BTC revive template i downloaded to create a new mission with the BTC revive features.

The starting point was simply to leave the box and two spawn vehicles and then delete what opfor units at the airfield I did not want.

I deleted the Ifrit mobile_east_0 vehicle and thats when I got the error message.

So not being that familiar with the revive script writing, does that mean I must delete the east spawn points in the BTC_revive_init script or edit something else ?

Weird 'cause i don't get the error...Try to add this at the fnc start:

private ["_veh"];

is this for my problem? what is the fnc start? I looked thru the code and didnt see anything "fnc"ish :P

Hey guys! I need your help 'cause I've no internet on the pc and it's hard to search things from the phone!

I'm working hard on the script and i'd need some information!

1) does anyone know where i can find the script related to the bis health system? I find only the fnc related to the effects of the health system, nothing else!

2) Does anyone know if i can remve or disable the "heal" action?

3) could i disable the health system?

4) could i simulate the ragdoll animation on an alive unit?

Any help will be much appreciated! ;)

Hey guys! I need your help 'cause I've no internet on the pc and it's hard to search things from the phone!

I'm working hard on the script and i'd need some information!

1) does anyone know where i can find the script related to the bis health system? I find only the fnc related to the effects of the health system, nothing else!

2) Does anyone know if i can remve or disable the "heal" action?

3) could i disable the health system?

4) could i simulate the ragdoll animation on an alive unit?

Any help will be much appreciated! ;)

1) You can/have to use a HandleDamage EH. NOTE: You should have little sleep (0.1) when adding one, as BIS has it's own HandleDamage EH, so you've got to make sure your EH is added last.

2) I'm not sure, but i think you'll either have to to handle that through an addon (dont quote me on that) or by replacing BIS's Damage Value (Dammage/GetDamage etc) with your own Variable by using set/getVariable.

3) Like i described in #2, implement your own Variable(s).

4) Check out TPW's Falling Addon, which uses hideObject and a dummy to simulate ragdoll.

Keep us up to date if we can be of help! I have a feeling you want to rewrite this script completely (sort of)?

Cheers

Edited by mantls

The problem is that i can't check anything from here :D

I don't know how it's called the bis handle damge, so i ask where i can find the script related to the health system. I've already my handle damage, but obviously it doesn't replace the bis one!

Edited by Giallustio

Giallustio,

Posted this question on Armaholic also but you seem more active here. Sorry for double post.

I have a few questions and I do love your program.

When I'm playing multi player and there are AI units in my group with a special load out, when they die they respawn with the original game load out for that type of unit. Is there anyway I can get it to respawn them with the load out that I gave them? The multi player units respawn fine with the stuff on them that they had when they died but the AI always respawn with original game gear.

Here are my settings:

////////////////// EDITABLE \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

BTC_revive_time_min = 5;//Minimum wait to revive. The time you have to wait untill you can revive someone or be revived.

BTC_revive_time_max = 240;//Maximum time before you become unrevivalble. All this time is in seconds.

BTC_who_can_revive = ["B_medic_F"];//This lets any human character revive; this could be limited down. ["Man"] lets any player character revive.

BTC_loop_check = 0;

BTC_disable_respawn = 1;// 0 = respawn and 1 = disable respawn at base.

BTC_respawn_gear = 1;//0 = do not respawn with gear. 1 = respawn with gear you had when you were killed.

BTC_active_lifes = 1;//Puts a limit to how many lives a player can have. 1 = yes limit. 0 = not don't limit.

BTC_lifes = 10;//This is the amount of lives you can have this is both a combination of respawns and revives.

BTC_black_screen = 0;//Black screen + button while unconscious or action wheel and clear view

BTC_action_respawn = 0;//if black screen is set to 0 you can choose if you want to use the action wheel or the button. Keep in mind that if you don't use the button, the injured player can use all the action, frag too....

BTC_respawn_time = 0;// Wait time before respawn.

BTC_active_mobile = 0;//Active mobile respawn (You have to put in map the vehicle and give it a name. Then you have to add one object per side to move to the mobile (BTC_base_flag_west,BTC_base_flag_east) - (1 = yes, 0 = no))

BTC_mobile_respawn = 0;//Active the mobile respawn fnc (1 = yes, 0 = no) Do you want your mobile respawn to respawn if they get destroyed.

BTC_mobile_respawn_time = 30;//Secs delay for mobile vehicle to respawn

BTC_need_first_aid = 1;//You need a first aid kit to revive (1 = yes, 0 = no)

BTC_pvp = 0; //(disable the revive option for the enemy)

BTC_injured_marker = 1;

BTC_3d_can_see = ["Man"];

BTC_3d_distance = 30;

BTC_3d_icon_size = 0.5;

BTC_3d_icon_color = [1,0,0,1];

BTC_objects_actions_west = [];// if using [bTC_base_flag_west]

BTC_objects_actions_east = [];// if using [bTC_base_flag_east]

BTC_objects_actions_guer = [];

BTC_objects_actions_civ = [];

if (isServer) then

{

BTC_vehs_mobile_west = [];//Editable - define mobile west example [mobile_west_0]

BTC_vehs_mobile_east = [];//Editable - define mobile east example [mobile_East_0]

BTC_vehs_mobile_guer = [];//Editable - define mobile independent

BTC_vehs_mobile_civ = [];//Editable - define mobile civilian

};

////////////////// Don't edit below \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Description:

////

Respawn = base;

RespawnDelay = 10;

RespawnDialog = 0;

#include "=BTC=_revive\=BTC=_respawn.h"

/////

Thanks for your help,

ScalpeOne

Questions on BTC Revive and JIP/players. For the init command line: "call compile preprocessFile "=BTC=_revive\=BTC=_revive_init.sqf";", should that be run just on the server, or does it need to be run locally on all player/client machines, including JiPs?

Server, players, jip, all together! :)

Working hard on the new system! I'm trying to implement bandage morphine epinephrine medikit and cpr! I'm trying to play a bit with the handledamage but it's making me crazy!

hi Giallustio

If you implement this. Your script will be very great !

ArmA 3's Damage Distribution is somewhat weird...

What problems are you encountering with it? I used to work with that on a medical system but kinda drifted away from that.

I have a really annoying problem I hope someone can help me with. I have BTC_lifes set at 2, yet people can be first aided back to life over and over and over. I just want 1-2 first aid revives and I have no clue how to get that result. Also even though it says need first aid kid to revive, after first revive the first aid kit goes away and it still revives without first aid kit. Any help with this? Here is my init that I tried to monkey with.

////////////////// EDITABLE \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

BTC_revive_time_min = 5;

BTC_revive_time_max = 600;

BTC_who_can_revive = ["Man"];

BTC_loop_check = 0;

BTC_disable_respawn = 1;

BTC_respawn_gear = 1;

BTC_active_lifes = 1;

BTC_lifes = 2;

BTC_black_screen = 0;//Black screen + button while unconscious or action wheel and clear view

BTC_action_respawn = 0;//if black screen is set to 0 you can choose if you want to use the action wheel or the button. Keep in mind that if you don't use the button, the injured player can use all the action, frag too....

BTC_respawn_time = 0;

BTC_active_mobile = 0;//Active mobile respawn (You have to put in map the vehicle and give it a name. Then you have to add one object per side to move to the mobile (BTC_base_flag_west,BTC_base_flag_east) - (1 = yes, 0 = no))

BTC_mobile_respawn = 0;//Active the mobile respawn fnc (1 = yes, 0 = no)

BTC_mobile_respawn_time = 30;//Secs delay for mobile vehicle to respawn

BTC_need_first_aid = 1;//You need a first aid kit to revive (1 = yes, 0 = no)

BTC_pvp = 0; //(disable the revive option for the enemy)

BTC_injured_marker = 1;

BTC_3d_can_see = ["Man"];

BTC_3d_distance = 30;

BTC_3d_icon_size = 0.5;

BTC_3d_icon_color = [1,0,0,1];

BTC_objects_actions_west = [];

BTC_objects_actions_east = [];

BTC_objects_actions_guer = [];

BTC_objects_actions_civ = [];

if (isServer) then

{

BTC_vehs_mobile_west = [];//Editable - define mobile west