Setcaptive is not working very fine now, since the last update.

It's usually possible to spam it into submission.

IE instead of

player setCaptive TRUE;

try

for '_x' from 0 to 9 do {
          player setCaptive TRUE;
};

or (less effective due to locality)

while {TRUE} do {
player setCaptive TRUE;
if (captive player) exitWith {};
};

Although messy and unusual, I have encountered some code which needs to be spammed, especially when there is heavy network traffic or sluggish server FPS.

Revive seems to be bugged once you finish the revives available.

I wanted to make a one life mission but when i die and respawn i find myself flying in the corner of the map.

Would it be possible to have a spectator script to start when the lives end?

I believe with both BTC Revive and the Quick Revive, enemies will continue firing at you once you are unconscious. I would think perhaps there is a simple fix for this like maybe using setCaptive when unconscious and then reverting that once revived. Is this possible or has something like this been tried?

Its a little annoying when the enemy basically just empties clip after clip on an unconscious player laying not the ground.

As Giallustio says its an issue of delay in propagating the status across the network especially in MP.

Its an engine issue I believe because I've gone through through the scripts. BTC revive and BTC Quick Revive have scripted commands that set captive status on player.

In the much simpler BTC Quick Revive I've seen a player get revived and his captive status is set back to false, but the server doesn't respond fast enough so the enemy doesn't shoot at you and could cause all sorts of other problems.

To counter this I added a respawn event handler which seems to speed up the status recognition.

if (INS_p_rev isEqualTo 4) then //BTC Quick Revive is enabled
{
player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {
	[(_this select 0)] spawn {
		waitUntil {sleep 1; alive (_this select 0)};
		if (captive (_this select 0)) then {(_this select 0) setCaptive false};
	};
}];
};

Though this is local so i don't get it, but it did fix that particular problem for me.

Its hacky but works well.

Edited by Jigsor

AWESOME, I'm making an ALiVE insurgency style game mode for this, with your permission I'd like to release it once it's finished

Thanks for releasing a awesome script. I have just started creating missions and your script has been very helpful. I just have one question though. The mobile respawn vehicle I have setup is located onboard the USS Nimitz, when I choose to spawn on the mobile respawn vehicle, I end up in the water. How can I spawn at the same height as the vehicle? (Note: I have tried changing the heights of the mobile respawn vehicle, I always end up under the aircraft carrier in the water.

Hi guys,

I'm working on a new map and got stuck on a part of BTC revive script!

I'm looking for a way to spawn infantry players in the mobile spawn vehicles instead of spawning them outside.

Any one that can help me with this??? Would be great!

Greets

GB

Hi, I am making a script that checks if disable respawn is enabled in each mission that uses BTC Revive. If there is no disable_respawn parameter present it should add it to the file.

What I wanted to ask is does the order of parameters matter in =BTC=_revive_init?

For example, if we have:

BTC_revive_time_min = 5;
BTC_revive_time_max = 1200;//20 minutes should be a good length
BTC_who_can_revive  = ["B_medic_F"];//medic only revive
BTC_disable_respawn = 1;//no respawn at base
BTC_respawn_gear    = 1;//respawn with current gear

Can we put BTC_disable respawn before other parameters? So that it starts like this:

BTC_disable_respawn = 1;//no respawn at base
BTC_revive_time_max = 1200;//20 minutes should be a good length
BTC_who_can_revive  = ["B_medic_F"];//medic only revive
BTC_respawn_gear    = 1;//respawn with current gear

Edited by Mali Robot

I'm using the BTC Revive version that ships with the latest version of I&A, but when I add an additional MHQ location the add action does not give me the correct MHQ names. It just gives me the same "Move to mobile respawn" twice, or whatever I've named the MHQ oppose to the correct multiple names I've added in the object name's array.

How can I fix this guys?

Edit.

Scrub that I'll just download the newer version as I'm sure it'll work just fine, regardless of the I&A edited version.

Edited by Infiltrator_2K
Changed

I'm using the BTC Revive version that ships with the latest version of I&A, but when I add an additional MHQ location the add action does not give me the correct MHQ names. It just gives me the same "Move to mobile respawn" twice, or whatever I've named the MHQ oppose to the correct multiple names I've added in the object name's array.

How can I fix this guys?

Edit.

Scrub that I'll just download the newer version as I'm sure it'll work just fine, regardless of the I&A edited version.

Apologies, this is my fault for fiddling with Giallustio's work :) Some tweaks were done and there was no intention of using multiple mobile respawns.

As for a fix:

line 241 of 'scripts\=BTC=_revive\=BTC=_revive_init.sqf'

Replace with this:

case (BTC_side == west) : {{private ["_veh"];_veh = _x;_spawn = [_x] spawn BTC_mobile_marker;{_x addAction [("<t color=""#ED2744"">") + [b]("Move to ") + (str(vehicleVarName _x))[/b]" + "</t>","scripts\=BTC=_revive\=BTC=_addAction.sqf",[[_veh],BTC_move_to_mobile], 8, true, true, "", format ["[""%1""] call BTC_mobile_check",_veh]];} foreach BTC_objects_actions_west;} foreach BTC_vehs_mobile_west_str;};

Tweaked portion in bold. Untested.

Apologies, this is my fault for fiddling with Giallustio's work :) Some tweaks were done and there was no intention of using multiple mobile respawns.

As for a fix:

line 241 of 'scripts\=BTC=_revive\=BTC=_revive_init.sqf'

Replace with this:

case (BTC_side == west) : {{private ["_veh"];_veh = _x;_spawn = [_x] spawn BTC_mobile_marker;{_x addAction [("<t color=""#ED2744"">") + [b]("Move to ") + (str(vehicleVarName _x))[/b]" + "</t>","scripts\=BTC=_revive\=BTC=_addAction.sqf",[[_veh],BTC_move_to_mobile], 8, true, true, "", format ["[""%1""] call BTC_mobile_check",_veh]];} foreach BTC_objects_actions_west;} foreach BTC_vehs_mobile_west_str;};

Tweaked portion in bold. Untested.

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately the edit displays the same first name in the array multiple times of the "BTC_objects_actions_west = [name1, name2];".

i.e.

Move to "name1"

Move to "name1"

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately the edit displays the same first name in the array multiple times of the "BTC_objects_actions_west = [name1, name2];".

i.e.

Move to "name1"

Move to "name1"

strange.

try:

... + (str (_x))" + ...

instead of:

... + (str(vehicleVarName _x))" + ...

If that doesn't work I don't know.

The vehicles you have put in the editor have variable names, right?

Also you have input these vehicle objects into line 125?

If those are fine, then I have no idea anymore, sorry.

Hello, This is awesome. Question (noob here). I know this is old post, but I have a question about the mobile respawn. It works great, but the line where the text to that is displayed to select an option ...west_BTC_mobileRespawn_addActionText = "Move to mobile respawn"; is repeated 4 times.

I have Western_hunter_1,Western_hunter_2, Eastern_hunter_1, Eastern_hunter_2 mobile spawns, but would like to have the mobile name displayed rather then the text, "Move to mobile respawn".  Did the above work? If not suggestions?

UPDATE: code works however you need to strip quotes and pass _veh as the variable. So the question now is how do I remove quotes that are passed from a variable?

UPDATE: To remove the quotes  (call compile str(_veh)).

Here is the final bit of code.  I hope it helps. Again great script! Thanks for sharing!!!

case (BTC_side == west) : {{private ["_veh"];_veh = _x;_spawn = [_x] spawn BTC_mobile_marker;{_x addAction [("") + ("Move to ") + (call compile str(_veh) )+ "","scripts\=BTC=_revive\=BTC=_addAction.sqf",[[_veh],BTC_move_to_mobile], 8, true, true, "", format ["[""%1""] call BTC_mobile_check",_veh]];} foreach BTC_objects_actions_west;} foreach BTC_vehs_mobile_west_str;};

Last question about this. Is it possible to use and static object and not a vehicle? I have tried, but I have not had success.

Thanks,

dubl

hi there, my team and i are having a weird bug happen with this script, its only started happening since the marksman dlc and subsequent patches

when ever we are killed and then revived in the field the script seams to empty out our backpacks! for example we had a tool kit, a spare rocket round, some med kits some grenades and a few mags (not exceeding the backpack or character size and weight limits) and after getting killed and then revived (by team mate and/or team medic) we just have the mags and grenades left, if that!!!

we may be running an old version of the script but please advise on what to do about it

we love the script, its the only one out there that perfectly suits us!! except for this bug

thanks again, love your work

Yes it is. Use ACE3 and Bardosy automedic scrip

The Bardosy script seems not to work with me, because when I create a mission and shoot at an AI, other than the medic, the medic does nothing. Using your update Bardosy's script, the medic does his job. However, I still I can't do make the medic relive me or relive my team. Sorry for my bad english.

Well not with BTC revive this is only for players.

Use ACE3 instead or use Bardosy script.

In that way you need to edit the script that AI can revive you using BTC revive.

The condition to define if player  need revive  will be:

player getVariable "BTC_need_revive"

Also there are typo in the script =BTC=_functions.sqf:

line 289                 if (format ["%1",(_this select 0) ge tVariable "BTC_need_revive"] == "1") then {(_this select 0) switchMove "ainjppnemstpsnonwrfldnon";};

Well not with BTC revive this is only for players.

Use ACE3 instead or use Bardosy script.

In that way you need to edit the script that AI can revive you using BTC revive.

The condition to define if player  need revive  will be:

player getVariable "BTC_need_revive" == 0

Also there are typo in the script =BTC=_functions.sqf:

line 289                 if (format ["%1",(_this select 0) ge tVariable "BTC_need_revive"] == "1") then {(_this select 0) switchMove "ainjppnemstpsnonwrfldnon";};

Ok, I'm only using ACE3 and your update of Bardosy's script. Thus the script is running smoothly (medic healing and not reliving) in singleplayer mode, but not in multyplayer mode. I have to change any file on ACE3 or your update of Bardosy's script, for the AI medic can heal or revive me and our teammates? in multiplayer.

Script works wit ACE3 single player and MP.

Using ACE 3 there are no such thing like revive. If you got shot, depend by ACE 3 settings, you are death or unconscious,

if you got healed you are revived.

Script works wit ACE3 single player and MP.

Using ACE 3 there are no such thing like revive. If you got shot, depend by ACE 3 settings, you are death or unconscious,

if you got healed you are revived.

your update of Bardosy's script not working in multiplaye mode. I created a SP mission and the script worked perfectly, but when I export the mission to multplayer, the script stops working. I do not understand why this is happening?

Any way to use this script along with a medical area?

I would like it so ONLY medics can revive anywhere with medkit but also have a medical area to bring downed players in case the medic goes down. I want there to be repercussions to the medic going down but still have a way/place to revive him.

Can I use this with ace3?

Is it best to remove ace3 medical pbos?

Can I use ace3 to load downed players into vehicles still and revive later?

Just implemented this into a scenario for me and my friends to use and so far works well except for respawning...

When a player respawns, they go to the respawn point but die instantly

Thanks in advance for your help

just used this in a mission. when i revive a player his screen stays in greyish colours and menu stays on screen and he cant use mouse movement. Anyone have this problem and how is it resolved?