Tested again on my pc and it works just fine.

New system has been removed...So...

I had best results by taking the BTC_player_killed from 0.95 and putting (most of) it into 0.97.

Even then there are some anomalies. as i said above, first time I used 0.97 I was unable to First Aid anybody until I edited the above ^^ addActions, both in init and functions sqfs.

if you want to do some tests let me know. i dont mind helping. we are in different time zones (+10 GMT) but can probably find a time.

Edited by MDCCLXXVI

Do you mean v0.97?

It does work but with some bugs like being stuck on prone when getting down. Another problem is when you respawn you will go down after sometime without getting shot at, and sometimes you respawn in the middle of the ocean.

Edit:

Uploaded as version 0.98

Works for me.

Can you put in an option that revives uses one of your lifes and also something that when you get hit "fataly" (eg headshot, grenade) you are dead without possibility to revive :3?

I suffered this bug from 0.95 ver of BTC revive....

When I use both of BTC and EOS, bunch of units spawned in the corner of map whenever I click [respawn] and it cause huge system lag for everyone in the server.

attached screenshot..

I didn't modified any line of script(both of them).

how can I solve this problem..?

steamcommunity#com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=247389159

Since .96 or .97 the respawn for other players (non-host) have not been working properly. Everytime other non-hosts die the get to the "respawn" screen (player laying with the respawn buttom and views drop down menu) they do not have the respawn button showing. I have tried this on a dedicated server as well as hosting both times this occurs. I have also tried using the built in Stratis map for testing the revive scripts that comes in the file and it also happens. Any help would be appreciated as i accidently deleted the last good version that I had. BTW keep up the great work and this is an awesome mod!!

.98 is working flawlessly for me!!

I suffered this bug from 0.95 ver of BTC revive....

When I use both of BTC and EOS, bunch of units spawned in the corner of map whenever I click [respawn] and it cause huge system lag for everyone in the server.

attached screenshot..

I didn't modified any line of script(both of them).

how can I solve this problem..?

steamcommunity#com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=247389159

if units are spawning at [0,0,0] then I have to ask ... do you have a respawn marker? commonly called "respawn_west"

also in your description.ext, something like:

Respawn = 3; (means respawn at base)

RespawnDelay = 4;

Usually if stuff is spawning in the bottom left, it means there is an error and the engine doesnt understand the position you are trying to give the spawned units.

with EOS, and example is trying to spawn units on a marker that doesnt exist ... they will default spawn to 0,0,0

I wonder if I have a mod that is breaking the revive script. Does anyone know of any mods that breaks it? MCC, CBA, etc. I have a lot of mods so I wont list it, plus I can troubleshoot it on my own by disabling it then slowly enable each mod until it breaks again to find the mod that broke the script.

Hello All!

I've been searching all day, but I am not able to make this work as I would like:

I would like to use this script only for the revive option, and keep the 'Respawn' button.

But I would like the respawn not on the marker, but on the editor multiplayer respawn module, or even on the new "Zeus" respawn point.

The reason I would like this is because using this script I am not able to move the marker with "Zeus" but I woul need to do so.

And no, the mobile spawn is not a solution for me ;-)

Thank you for any help possible

Hello All!

I've been searching all day, but I am not able to make this work as I would like:

I would like to use this script only for the revive option, and keep the 'Respawn' button.

But I would like the respawn not on the marker, but on the editor multiplayer respawn module, or even on the new "Zeus" respawn point.

The reason I would like this is because using this script I am not able to move the marker with "Zeus" but I woul need to do so.

And no, the mobile spawn is not a solution for me ;-)

Thank you for any help possible

"I would like the respawn not on the marker, but on the editor multiplayer respawn module"...

You can't right now. There's a conflict with name of the Respawn_west names and the multiplayer respawn module.

I make a report with the issue but if you use a marker with respawn_west name and a respawn module the BTC revive can't make a valid respawn point.

To the resolution of this issue the BTC revive is incompatible with respawn module.

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=18465

When you die and stay unconscious, is there any way to use the ESC key?

I mean, when you have "respawn disabled", all you see is your dead body in a letter box with spectating options. You can't press any key, even ESC.

This makes a major problem as when someone wants to disconnect, they will have to force shutdown the program.

I have been looking at the functions.sqf for a while and tinkered with the codes with no avail. Could anyone give me a direction?

thanks

When you die and stay unconscious, is there any way to use the ESC key?

I mean, when you have "respawn disabled", all you see is your dead body in a letter box with spectating options. You can't press any key, even ESC.

Double - tap ESC.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Double - tap ESC.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

No that does not work

To the resolution of this issue the BTC revive is incompatible with respawn module.

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=18465

Thanks for the reply djotacon.

But this is the thing, could I not just configure BTC differently: When the player clicks on 'Respawn', you get to the normal Arma3 multiplayer respawn menu and not automaticly to the marker 'respawn_west'

Or are you aware of any other revive script doing this? I really just need the revive option, I do not want to change the respawn way of working

Having an issue with the latest version. When a player dies his loadout (Gear loaded from a VAS) gets messed up. It puts some of the items that he used to have equipped inside of his vest (Map, Radio, GPS ect.) and uses half the gear from the original unit. Any solution to this ?

Having an issue with the latest version. When a player dies his loadout (Gear loaded from a VAS) gets messed up. It puts some of the items that he used to have equipped inside of his vest (Map, Radio, GPS ect.) and uses half the gear from the original unit. Any solution to this ?

version number?

version number?

I was using 0.98.

Edit: Seems its a problem with a mod im using. ARC UK pack. Anytime i wear an UK item, my loadout gets reset to the loadout of the unit im playing.

Edited by soldierman

I am trying to move the respawn as triggers are activated. I have tried the script below with no luck. Is there a way in the revive script to use the respawn modules which I can sync to triggers or a way to place markers as needed?

Had a look at the new system and it looks cool, but its hard to say more at this stage =)

I'm also running into a problem when I try and move the respawn marker.

I use the following in a script that is executed upon task complete in a trigger:

respawnPos = getMarkerPos "respawn1";
publicVariable "respawnPos";
"Respawn_west" setMarkerPos RespawnPos;

so I can give the updated marker to JiP players.

but we always seem to spawn at the original place of Respawn_west, even the non-JiP players.

or do you have a built-in way to enable / disable respawn positions that I don't know of?

This is easily one of the most necessary mods for our server. Keep up the good work!

I have found that if you ensure that if respawn_east and BTC_base_flag_east are present (along with West), it works with ALiVE.

I still have issues with the loadout screwing up on revive.

I'm having this exact same problem, I've triple checked everything too.

I have to say this has been bulletproof for me with my latest mission and have had fun tweaking some parts to my liking, my last addition I have been trying to add and have had no luck so far is have a global message saying "player 1 has been revived by player 2" , any help would be greatly appreciated guys.

Thank you in advance.

v.098

Well,Ive finally made it through 125 pages of this thread and know how to fix everyone elses problems,But still no clear answers on my problem..lol

Everything seems to function properly but after a revive One player gets naked with no gear ,Another player has clothes and not the rifle he started with.

I had it running with VAS but since took VAS out of the mission and it still makes players lose there gear, lose there clothes etc. I saw somewhere back in the archive that a "Loop" line was an option for this but the new version does not have this line ? any thoughts ? Other than making the mission, first one to the end with their clothes on wins type of thing....

init -

enableSaving [false,false];

call compile preprocessFile "=BTC=_revive\=BTC=_revive_init.sqf";

Description-

Respawn = base;

RespawnDelay = 0;

RespawnDialog = 0;

#include "=BTC=_revive\=BTC=_respawn.h"

Revive sqf -

BTC_revive_time_min = 5;

BTC_revive_time_max = 240;

BTC_who_can_revive = ["Man"];

BTC_disable_respawn = 1;

BTC_respawn_gear = 1; <---- tried both ways

BTC_active_lifes = 1;

BTC_lifes = 10;

BTC_spectating = 2;//0 = disable; 1 = units group; 2 = side units; 3 = all units

BTC_spectating_view = [0,0];//To force a view set the first number of the array to 1. The second one is the view mode: 0 = first person; 1 = behind the back; 2 = High; 3 = free

BTC_s_mode_view = ["First person","Behind the back","High","Free"];

Giallustio - Thank you for your time and efforts on this. It really adds alot of immersion to the game !