+1

BTC Revive is the standard in our MP missions.

Giallustio, can we expect a patch or way forward for the fire-related (area effect) handledamage issue at some stage?

Also sometimes an issue where certain players--when they are on the ground--cannot be actioned upon (drag/carry/first aid).

Unsure if that is to do with the wounded players entity location, issues when emerging from ragdoll, or some side reclassification issue ... or something else.

cheers

+1

Also sometimes an issue where certain players--when they are on the ground--cannot be actioned upon (drag/carry/first aid).

I've already fixed that bug. Please read a few pages back....

Fix:

In =BTW=_function.sqf, replace all 4 iterations of:

(_men select 1) getVariable "BTC_dragged"] == "0"

with

(_men select 1) getVariable "BTC_dragged"] != "1"

Edited by [KH]Jman

I understand Giallustio is probably really busy lately.

So if someone else, with more coding knowledge then me, would please explain/help with the Giallustio solution to my post on the previous page, that my noob brain did not get, it would be very much appreciated.

I feel so close here, but yet so far. :confused:

Jman;2605431']In Arma3 1.10 BI have changed class scrollbar on listboxes to class listscrollbar and for combos class comboscrollbar

In =BTC=_respawn.h at line 140:

change:

class ScrollBar

to:

class ComboScrollBar

Hi Jman,

So I'm guessing every script that is using this "ScrollBar" code has to be changed to the new "ComboScrollBar"?

Ouch... Why would BI do that? That kinda breaks a lot of scripts that already exist with this code in it.

Thanks for the heads up. At least now I know with these scrollbar errors that I've been getting can be fixed. It'll require a lot of searching, but fixable at least. :-)

Yes that's correct and in the case of =BTC= Revive you'll also need to add this as they are two new parameter arrays for setting colors of focused RscShortcutButtons. See http://dev.arma3.com/spotrep-00017 for changelog.

Properties of scrollbars are handled by CScrollBar itself now

Added: colorFocused and colorBackgroundFocused parameters for setting colors of focused RscShortcutButton

Edited by [KH]Jman

Awesome, thank-you. That fixed up some of the issues I was having with error pop-ups. Was having them in a few scripts that used scrollbars and dropdown lists. Got them almost all fixed. I didn't find any into the .sqf files, only the .hpp files.

Thanks again :yay:

I don't know if this is a default Arma 3 deal, or something BTC related, but anyone notice that a lot of times if you run up to heal someone, your animation will actually throw you around in front of them? Led to a few deaths as people are trying to heal someone else in a firefight and it throws you in front of their muzzle :)

Using the newest BTC revive posted above. The script is working fine, BUT

Upon revive, or as soon as a player is 'killed' and waiting for revive, their gear vanishes and they default to the standard config of their class. I have gear respawn enabled so I'm not sure what is up. I have a marker named respawn_west as well as an object named BTC_base_flag_west.

BTC_r_new_system = 0; //WIP - set 1 to activate itBTC_r_wait_for_revive = 1;//If BTC_r_new_system set to 1 you can choose if you want or not a revive time available after death (Similar to wounding system in ACE)

BTC_r_action = 0;//[NOT IMPLEMENTED] - 0 if you don't want the healing animation (ACE style), 1 if you want the animations (You can't stop the animation)

BTC_r_med_fa = 1;//0 for only first aid kit, 1 if you don't have a medikit you need a first aid kit, 2 only medikit

BTC_r_cpr_time = 60;

BTC_r_trans_ratio = 100;

BTC_revive_time_min = 5;

BTC_revive_time_max = 150;

BTC_who_can_revive = ["TFA_bdu_tri_F"];

BTC_loop_check = 0;

BTC_disable_respawn = 0;

BTC_respawn_gear = 1;

BTC_active_lifes = 1;

BTC_lifes = 10;

BTC_spectating = 2;//0 = disable; 1 = units group; 2 = side units; 3 = all units

BTC_spectating_view = [0,0];//To force a view set the first number of the array to 1. The second one is the view mode: 0 = first person; 1 = behind the back; 2 = High; 3 = free

BTC_s_mode_view = ["First person","Behind the back","High","Free"];

BTC_black_screen = 0;//Black screen + button while unconscious or action wheel and clear view

BTC_action_respawn = 0;//if black screen is set to 0 you can choose if you want to use the action wheel or the button. Keep in mind that if you don't use the button, the injured player can use all the action, frag too....

BTC_camera_unc = 1;

BTC_camera_unc_type = ["Behind the back","High","Free"];

BTC_respawn_time = 30;

BTC_active_mobile = 0;//Active mobile respawn (You have to put in map the vehicle and give it a name. Then you have to add one object per side to move to the mobile (BTC_base_flag_west,BTC_base_flag_east) - (1 = yes, 0 = no))

BTC_mobile_respawn = 0;//Active the mobile respawn fnc (1 = yes, 0 = no)

BTC_mobile_respawn_time = 30;//Secs delay for mobile vehicle to respawn

BTC_need_first_aid = 1;//You need a first aid kit to revive (1 = yes, 0 = no)

BTC_pvp = 0; //(disable the revive option for the enemy)

BTC_injured_marker = 1;

BTC_3d_can_see = ["Man"];

BTC_3d_distance = 30;

BTC_3d_icon_size = 0.5;

BTC_3d_icon_color = [1,0,0,1];

BTC_dlg_on_respawn = 1;//1 = Mobile only - 2 Leader group and mobile - 3 = Units group and mobile - 4 = All side units and mobile

BTC_objects_actions_west = [];

BTC_objects_actions_east = [];

BTC_objects_actions_guer = [];

BTC_objects_actions_civ = [];

if (isServer) then

{

BTC_vehs_mobile_west = [];//Editable - define mobile west

BTC_vehs_mobile_east = [];//Editable - define mobile east

BTC_vehs_mobile_guer = [];//Editable - define mobile independent

BTC_vehs_mobile_civ = [];//Editable - define mobile civilian

};

Hmm, I'm not sure what's happened, but suddenly my A3 crashes every time my player gets knocked out ('dies') but before he respawns to be revived. Was working fine last night and I wonder if the hotfix caused any issues. It's definitely something to do with the way BTC handles respawn as I can mess with RespawnDelay in my description.ext and delay the crash on death for as long as I put in for a delay.

Anyone else getting any issues?

Edited by Meatball

Is it working after this last fix for the patch? I tried the current version and when I try the test mission and toss a grenade at my feet. I don't get the option to spawn at base or mobile. I just get the main menu that appears at the bottom left giving the option to restart, switch or end. I left everything at default and didn't change any of the options within the revive script. Is it not working since the last patch yesterday, or is it something on my end? Is it working ok for anyone else? I see Meatball seems to be having a little more extreme issue than me. I'm guessing it's patch related?

It's working fine here with latest A3 hotfix on server and client.

Download Pyrgos Assault here it has =BTC= Revive in it

Edited by [KH]Jman

Jman;2612255']It's working fine here with latest A3 hotfix on server and client.

Download Pyrgos Assault here it has =BTC= Revive in it

Jman any way you could upload an updated version of your BTC Revive? I tried to pull it from your mission but I'm getting task popups after healing someone with no text in them.

My init has this:

call compile preprocessFile "=BTC=_revive\=BTC=_revive_init.sqf";

My description.ext has this:

#include "=BTC=_revive\=BTC=_respawn.h"

And I put the BTC folder in my mission. Anything else I should have done?

Zuff, just add the class CfgNotifications function from my description.ext into your mission and copy the notificons folder into your mission folder and that will draw the task hints correctly :)

I was also having issues with the gear restore on revive so rather than debug the code (I have limited time!) I did the following to get it functioning...

There's nothing actually wrong with the BTC_get_gear function but the actual call to it is either in the wrong place or is being overridden in a timing issue so as a temporary fix I've scripted a function that saves the player's loadout (calls BTC_get_gear) on a defined period that's parsed to the function via functions/fnc_initClientSaveLoadout.sqf.

I have remmed out the original call to function BTC_get_gear in function BTC_fnc_handledamage_2:

=BTC=_revive\=BTC=_functions.sqf

// if (BTC_respawn_gear == 1) then {BTC_gear = [_unit] call BTC_get_gear;};

My loadout implementation is setup thus:

init.sqf

if (!isDedicated) then { 
  initClientSaveLoadout = compile preprocessfilelinenumbers "functions\fnc_initClientSaveLoadout.sqf";
  [5] spawn initClientSaveLoadout;
};

functions\fnc_initClientSaveLoadout.sqf

/* 
* Filename:
* fnc_initClientSaveLoadout.sqf 
* Description:
* Calls save client loadout on a defined period
* Locality:
* Client
* Created by [KH]Jman
* Creation date: 14/01/2014
* Email: jman@kellys-heroes.eu
* Web: http://www.kellys-heroes.eu
* */
// ====================================================================================
if (isDedicated) exitWith {};
// ====================================================================================

private["_delay"];
 _delay = _this select 0;

if (BTC_respawn_gear == 1) then {
			while { true } do {
				   if(alive player) then {
				       BTC_gear = [player] call BTC_get_gear;
				   };
				   sleep _delay;  
			};		
};

Edited by [KH]Jman

I still have problem with respawn gear, even with that fix script.

It's actually work fine only when you run MCC Sanbox. For some reason when I have it runnig I spawn with same gear that i died.

For some reason when I have it runnig I spawn with same gear that i died.

Yes because that's what setting BTC_respawn_gear = 1 does.

If want players to loose their gear on respawn set BTC_respawn_gear = 0 in =BTC=_revive_init.sqf

Hopefully a quick question; I started googling and found nothing and then started reading this thread (got to page 50 before head exploded) and also searched the forums for it but couldn't find anything that would help;

Is there any way to limit who can revive based on medikit instead of class?

Our playstyle is that we have dedicated medics, but if a medic goes down we always have the option to pick up that downed medics' medikit up and revive the medic. Then trade back the medikit and we back on track.

We're currently running FAR's revicie script (that has that exact option, limits based on either medikit or class) but there are some nice stuff in BTC Revive that I'd rather use. However, limiting revive capabilities based on gear is a little bit of a deal breaker for us :)

Any hints/tips?

Thanks in advance!

I can not get this working the way i want it to work, What settings do i have to change to make respawn impossible?

Is there a way to preserve the dead body when someone respawns so you can take their gear. Or some way to access a players gear when unconscious.

I kinda couldn't sleep and decided that it'd be a good idea to pack this into a handy mod. Currently basic functionality is working (well, it was pretty easy, only changing a few script paths), but untested in MP (will do this later in the evening). Also working on implementing the Editable settings in a userconfig and broadcasting the server settings to all players via publicVariable. This saves the admin from having to change the .pbo file if he wants to try a new setting.

Will see if I can upload a tested version for those interested later in the day or tomorrow.

Anyway I can set to respawn at place where I died, like INSTANT respawn?

When I simply put INSTANT in description.ext I still get to respawn at base marker.

Hello. Having trouble getting the script to work with Shuko's taskmaster, and I suspect it's got something to do with my init.sqf (only removed the task and briefing texts to make it more compact here):

call compile preprocessFile "=BTC=_revive\=BTC=_revive_init.sqf";

[[
 ["Task1","Task1Title","Task1Desc",true,[],"assigned","OfficerMrk"],
 ["Task2","Task2Title","Task2Desc",true,[],"created","AAMrk"]  

],[
["Mission","MissionText",EAST],
["Signal","SignalText"]
]] call compile preprocessfilelinenumbers "shk_taskmaster.sqf";

if (isServer) then {
   _lamp = createVehicle ["Land_PortableLight_double_F", getPos lampspot, [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
};

I've also tried placing the call compile for BTC just behind the taskmaster portion, but I can only ever make one or the other work. Is there something I must add in the file when using multiple call compiles, or what gives here?

Try shifting BTC revive to after the taskmaster and even isServer block. I've found that ordering of script calls and the like in init.sqf can often impact whether things work right.

No dice there, I'm afraid. I even took out the entire isServer block and tried initializing BTC both before and after the taskmaster, but only the latter works. If I remove the taskmaster block, BTC works all dandy.

First of all, great set of scripts!

Now, my question is about executing a script when the mobile hq gets respawned. I'm adding a few actions to it for repair and vas which works when I run it from the editor but as soon as I put it on a dedicated server it won't work. Tried searching through this thread but all similar questions I've found went unanswered.

All that I've done is add this to the function BTC_vehicle_mobile_respawn

null = [_veh] execVM "Scripts\vehicleActions.sqf";

I've tried a lot of things but my lack of experience in arma scripting is surely holding me back from solving this. So how do I execute a script when the mobile_spawn gets respawned?

Very nice work!

Just a quick question. I have been wanting to make a mission where the player randomly respawns in a town. Is it possible to tell the script to respawn the player randomly within a radius around "respawn_west"?

Edit: Okay I found out that just by putting "respawn_west1 or respawn_west2" etc will spawn the player at those positions but that does not work with BTC revive. Any thoughts on how to get that working?

Edited by OV3RJ0RD