'random no revive' issue fixed.

Not so random ;) The bug was in the getVariable "BTC_dragged" variable. If a player died/waiting for revive whilst the jip player was not on the server and was still waiting to be revived after the jip player joined, when the jip player then tries to revive the injured player the getVariable "BTC_dragged" variable for the died/waiting for revive player was <null> on the jip player thus causing the "First aid" addaction condition to always be false.

Fix:

In =BTW=_function.sqf, replace all 4 iterations of:

(_men select 1) getVariable "BTC_dragged"] == "0"

with

(_men select 1) getVariable "BTC_dragged"] != "1"

Download here

Thank you to my tester [KH]Dessi for allowing me to murder him for testing purposes!

Edited by [KH]Jman

Hello all,

I'm a newbie but having a great time editing and enjoy this Revive mod! I'm having some issues with BTC breaking my missions and I'm here to hopefully find help.

Issue:

When loading in BTC to a missions folder it seems to break my Tasks/Triggers in the mission and make them unpredictable or completely unresponsive. The mission will start and no tasks will trigger and as I progress, only random parts of trigger sets will hit and I can't figure out why. I'm not able to get a consistent read on it but as soon as BTC is disabled it works fine again with tasks all triggering within the radius fine. Am I doing something wrong here?

Is there more I need to do besides importing the 2 script files and the folder into the mission folder, then I set one respawn for "respawn_west" and while the mod works it breaks my missions every time. Is there anything else i"m missing that's breaking the tasks from this install process?

Thanks for any help all! I would appreciate it =) Wonderful mod! I'm enjoying it.

Thanks so much for the offer! Today I got it working. It looks like for some reason a few tasks got unlinked after install of the mod or I clicked something unknowingly! All is well now and the mod is great =)

Thanks again!

Not sure if it's something I messed up, but since yesterday's upgrade to 1.10 has anyone else been getting a random error in missions when folks are knocked out and awaiting revive? Specifically I'm seeing:

"No entry 'mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Altis\description.ext/BTC_spectating_dialog/controls/BTC_r_name_units.ComboScrollBar'."

Otherwise we've found no errors in the script, just that pops up now on occasion.

In Arma3 1.10 BI have changed class scrollbar on listboxes to class listscrollbar and for combos class comboscrollbar

In =BTC=_respawn.h at line 140:

change:

class ScrollBar

to:

class ComboScrollBar

Edited by [KH]Jman

Not sure if it's something I messed up, but since yesterday's upgrade to 1.10 has anyone else been getting a random error in missions when folks are knocked out and awaiting revive? Specifically I'm seeing:

"No entry 'mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Altis\description.ext/BTC_spectating_dialog/controls/BTC_r_name_units.ComboScrollBar'."

Otherwise we've found no errors in the script, just that pops up now on occasion.

yup Ive been getting it too

Looks like that wasn't the only one updated. I'm now getting a "description.exe/BTC_spectating/dialog/controls/repsawn_button.colorFocused'." error as well.

Meatball, please can you paste the exact and full error as yours appears to have typos. Also is it 'No entry' ?

I'm guessing your error is:

No entry 'mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Altis\description.ext/BTC_spectating_dialog/controls/respawn_button.colorFocused'

Try inserting the following code at line 12 of =BTC=_respawn.h

colorFocused[] = {1, 1, 1, 1.0};
colorBackgroundFocused[] = {"(profilenamespace getvariable ['GUI_BCG_RGB_R',0.3843])", "(profilenamespace getvariable ['GUI_BCG_RGB_G',0.7019])", "(profilenamespace getvariable ['GUI_BCG_RGB_B',0.8862])", 1};

and report back...

Edited by [KH]Jman

Please copy and paste the exact error from your .rpt with line number where possible together with a description of exactly when the error occurs. Many thanks.

UPDATE: I've amended the insert code here (note the new line number). Give it a try...

Edited by [KH]Jman

Yes, the original error message is a 'No Entry' Message, here's the messages from the .rpt:

Warning Message: No entry 'C:\Users\MB\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\Meatball\mpmissions\[COOP02-10]Rock_and_a_Hard_Pla.Altis\description.ext/BTC_spectating_dialog/controls/respawn_button.colorFocused'.
Warning Message: Size: '/' not an array
Warning Message: No entry 'C:\Users\MB\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\Meatball\mpmissions\[COOP02-10]Rock_and_a_Hard_Pla.Altis\description.ext/BTC_spectating_dialog/controls/respawn_button.colorBackgroundFocused'.

I tried adding your new lines in at Line 12 and it actually crashes A3 to desktop on mission load with a "Config: some input after EndOfFile." error. The actual error message in the rpt is:

File C:\Users\MB\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\Meatball\MPMissions\[COOP02-10]Rock_and_a_Hard_Pla.Altis\=BTC=_revive\=BTC=_respawn.h, line 12: '/BTC_r_shortcutButton.colorBackgroundFocused': Missing ';' prior '}'
ErrorMessage: Config : some input after EndOfFile.

I copied/pasted verbatim and I don't actually see a missing ; in your updates.

Sorry typo, add [] after colorBackgroundFocused

ie.

colorBackgroundFocused [] = .....

Download updated =BTC=_respawn.h (.7z)

Edited by [KH]Jman

BTC Revive dont work with 1.10 patch :(

Any fix coming Giallustio ?

BTC Revive dont work with 1.10 patch :(

Any fix coming Giallustio ?

Working fine for me...just make sure you look over the last page or two.

Hi Giallustio,

Great functionality! I've played CTI and what I loved was the ability to revive players. We are trying to add this to our own server using Wasteland, but the respawn screens are in conflict:

The respawn blue screen from A3Wasteland appears after dying, but then the black screen from Revive goes over it and we can only spawn at base etc.

How could we disable this black screen, so that when one dies (and not revived by teammates after the revive time) doesn't get the black screen nor the clear screen?

Thank you!

Hennio]

First off, awesome piece of work on this addon. Simple and beautiful, just love it! :ok:

I am also currently in the process of "cracking this tough nut" and I would simply love to see some suggestions/solutions on this. :D

At this point I have pretty much cut the addon to the bone, so it only have features that I want. So I really just need to figure out how to kill the player a second time without triggering another "waiting for revive" state.

Reason this is important, is I need to have the player drop dead "for real" this time so his gear, money and any other loot can in fact be looted. This event is only required if I choose not to wait for a revive and therefore just respawn instantly or even if the revive timeout was reached.

Although I do take great pride in nailing this myself, haha. I have been cracking at this for days now and I am getting a bit blind here, so any help would be lovely at this point. :rolleyes:

Edited by Krycek_dk
Forgot to credit the maker ;)

Save the function as empty before killing the player and then restore it

Save the function as empty before killing the player and then restore it

Hi Giallustio,

Thanks for taking the time, away from your exams, answering me mate.

I do however not really know what you mean. Although I wish my programming skills were close to yours, they really aren't i´m afraid. Would you be so kind and elaborate a bit / explain it in more detail, so a noob like me also get's it? ;)

Thanks in advance and best of luck with those exams.