Had an interesting bug with BTC today. I was dragging a player to cover when someone revived him. The player I was dragging was revived and still attached to me. I would move around had he was along for the ride. I tried switching weapons, and doing a few other things. The only solution was to use him as a human shield and when he went down all was well. You might need to add a check to see if the attachedto command is active.

On our dedicated server when we start a mission and say 6 of us join everything is fine - then an hour later player 7 joins we have noticed player 7 doesnt have the revive option - to solve the problem what we do is ALL disconnect and then all 7 players reconnect at the same time and everything is fine. Then again if an eigth player joins they too dont have the revive option and we all disconnect and reconnect and everything is fine - any ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance

On our dedicated server when we start a mission and say 6 of us join everything is fine - then an hour later player 7 joins we have noticed player 7 doesnt have the revive option - to solve the problem what we do is ALL disconnect and then all 7 players reconnect at the same time and everything is fine. Then again if an eigth player joins they too dont have the revive option and we all disconnect and reconnect and everything is fine - any ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance

We've been seeing the same thing. Not sure if it's a problem with JIP players not running the revive_init for some reason and not initializing BTC, or some sort of problem with BTC no recognizing this new person is part of the same 'group' and they should be able to revive/be revived.

We've been seeing the same thing. Not sure if it's a problem with JIP players not running the revive_init for some reason and not initializing BTC, or some sort of problem with BTC no recognizing this new person is part of the same 'group' and they should be able to revive/be revived.

OK Good (sort of) to know someone else is experiencing the same. The only error I am getting in the rpt file re the Revive stuff is the following

Error in expression <each BTC_objects_actions_west;} foreach BTC_vehs_mobile_west_str;};

case (BTC_si>

Error position: <BTC_vehs_mobile_west_str;};

case (BTC_si>

Error Undefined variable in expression: btc_vehs_mobile_west_str

Any ideas anyone?

bad definition object in the mobile vehicle array ...

Edited by Mariodu62

bad definition object in the mobile vehicle array ...

Unfortunately this means nothing to me with my VERY limited scrpting knowledge - Any idea where I should look - though I am not convinced this is causing the JIP players not getting rev option as it refers to the mobile hq which is working

I am running -showscripterrors - Thats how I noticed the error

Anyone know of any way to put a minor 'delay' in the revive script? Let me explain what I'm doing and it'll make more sense. I've written a simple 'paradrop' script that grabs info about the players backpack and it's contents, sticks that in an array, then removes it to put a parachute on the player. On landing, it does the reverse, removing/dropping the parachute and then putting the original backpack/contents back on.

Problem is, if the players die on landing, since I have BTC set to respawn the players with gear, BTC is seeing the dead player wearing the parachute, because the paradrop script hasn't had a chance to swap it back, and then when the player is revived, they've lost their backpack.

Well, here's what I was thinking. I set a global variable in the 'paradrop script' when it starts to paradropping == 1 and when it finished (player has landed/gotten their backpack) to paradropping == 0. Using this variable I should be stop BTC from doing get gears until the player is on the ground.

I'm thinking I can just change the BTC_revive_loop function to check that variable as well with a change to the if check:

if (Alive player && paraDropping == 0 && format ["%1",player getVariable "BTC_need_revive"] != "1") then ...

The other thought to just stop the gear from being checked at all if the player is in the middle of a drop and adding a simple waitUntil {paraDropping == 0}; to the first line in that function.

Thoughts?

Edited by Meatball

Hi Giallustio and everyone else,

Great script! It works where many others produce numerous bugs. However, I have a question: People seem to be instashotted, particularly with this script, on our servers. I looked around in the scripts and functions and saw some variables dealing with damage and their thresholds. Is it possible to increase the threshold from alive --> respawned?

Thank you in advanced. I apologize if this has been asked, but I tried to search to no avail.

This is the code I have in the init. Is that what you meant?

TC_r_new_system = 1; //WIP - set 1 to activate it

BTC_r_wait_for_revive = 1;//If BTC_r_new_system set to 1 you can choose if you want or not a revive time available after death (Similar to wounding system in ACE)

BTC_r_action = 0;//[NOT IMPLEMENTED] - 0 if you don't want the healing animation (ACE style), 1 if you want the animations (You can't stop the animation)

BTC_r_med_fa = 1;//0 for only first aid kit, 1 if you don't have a medikit you need a first aid kit, 2 only medikit

BTC_r_cpr_time = 60;

BTC_r_trans_ratio = 100;

BTC_revive_time_min = 5;

BTC_revive_time_max = 600;

BTC_who_can_revive = ["Man"];

BTC_loop_check = 0;

BTC_disable_respawn = 0;

BTC_respawn_gear = 1;

BTC_active_lifes = 1;

BTC_lifes = 10;

BTC_spectating = 0;//0 = disable; 1 = units group; 2 = side units; 3 = all units

BTC_spectating_view = [0,0];//To force a view set the first number of the array to 1. The second one is the view mode: 0 = first person; 1 = behind the back; 2 = High; 3 = free

BTC_s_mode_view = ["First person","Behind the back","High","Free"];

BTC_black_screen = 1;//Black screen + button while unconscious or action wheel and clear view

BTC_action_respawn = 0;//if black screen is set to 0 you can choose if you want to use the action wheel or the button. Keep in mind that if you don't use the button, the injured player can use all the action, frag too....

BTC_camera_unc = 1;

BTC_camera_unc_type = ["Behind the back","High","Free"];

BTC_respawn_time = 30;

BTC_active_mobile = 0;//Active mobile respawn (You have to put in map the vehicle and give it a name. Then you have to add one object per side to move to the mobile (BTC_base_flag_west,BTC_base_flag_east) - (1 = yes, 0 = no))

BTC_mobile_respawn = 0;//Active the mobile respawn fnc (1 = yes, 0 = no)

BTC_mobile_respawn_time = 30;//Secs delay for mobile vehicle to respawn

BTC_need_first_aid = 1;//You need a first aid kit to revive (1 = yes, 0 = no)

BTC_pvp = 0; //(disable the revive option for the enemy)

BTC_injured_marker = 1;

BTC_3d_can_see = ["Man"];

BTC_3d_distance = 30;

BTC_3d_icon_size = 0.5;

BTC_3d_icon_color = [1,0,0,1];

BTC_dlg_on_respawn = 1;//1 = Mobile only - 2 Leader group and mobile - 3 = Units group and mobile - 4 = All side units and mobile

BTC_objects_actions_west = [bTC_base_flag_west];

BTC_objects_actions_east = [bTC_base_flag_east];

BTC_objects_actions_guer = [];

BTC_objects_actions_civ = [];

I've never finished the new system and i don't have time to look into it sadly.

Hey Gia, is the 'lite' version that you mentioned a while back have all the latest changes from your last full patch?

Hey, i'm trying to get the BTC Revive script working on the MCC Template. I've done what all the installation stuff says, but it never works. It does work on other missions, just not the MCC blank template. I presume that it's because the Template doesn't have a mission.sqm or .pbo, and runs based off the mod. Either way, I've yet to find a blank altis map with respawns so i can just load a mission with MCC. I should probably post this on the MCC thread too.

Anyone ever figure out the 'random no revive' issue, where players will just randomly after being revived no longer be able to revive other players or be revived themselves? Doesn't seem to be tied to whether the player is JIP or not, just seems to randomly hit individuals on occasion.

Hi Giallustio,

Great functionality! I've played CTI and what I loved was the ability to revive players. We are trying to add this to our own server using Wasteland, but the respawn screens are in conflict:

The respawn blue screen from A3Wasteland appears after dying, but then the black screen from Revive goes over it and we can only spawn at base etc.

How could we disable this black screen, so that when one dies (and not revived by teammates after the revive time) doesn't get the black screen nor the clear screen?

Thank you!

Hennio]

Edited by hennio

Anyone found grenade launchers unloading themselves on player revive? Trying to track down the cause of it.

Hey Meatball. Concerning the 'random no revive' issue, it is rather annoying so I'm going to debug it and see if I can narrow the cause down ;)

Jman;2600644']Hey Meatball. Concerning the 'random no revive' issue' date=' it is rather annoying so I'm going to debug it and see if I can narrow the cause down ;)[/quote']

Great!

Sorry guys but i don't have free time at the moment, exams, exams everywhere