I did notice something strange with the new version, "BTC_disable_respawn = 1;" it used to hide the respawn button. With the new version I can see the respawn button. Also see another, empty, dropdown bar to the left of the Spectate mode drop down.

I also did notice that I now get the "Lives Remaining" screen which I wasn't previously with my config if that helps. Just in case you need it, here's the contents of what I'm using in my init. Basically I want it set so players can spectate while unconscious, but have to be revived by other players and can't respawn themselves.

////////////////// EDITABLE \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
BTC_r_new_system    = 0; //WIP - set 1 to activate it
BTC_r_wait_for_revive = 1;//If BTC_r_new_system set to 1 you can choose if you want or not a revive time available after death (Similar to wounding system in ACE)
BTC_r_action        = 0;//[NOT IMPLEMENTED] - 0 if you don't want the healing animation (ACE style), 1 if you want the animations (You can't stop the animation)
BTC_r_med_fa        = 1;//0 for only first aid kit, 1 if you don't have a medikit you need a first aid kit, 2 only medikit
BTC_r_cpr_time      = 60;
BTC_r_trans_ratio   = 100;
BTC_revive_time_min = 5;
BTC_revive_time_max = 900;
BTC_who_can_revive  = ["Man"];
BTC_loop_check      = 0;
BTC_disable_respawn = 1;
BTC_respawn_gear    = 1;
BTC_active_lifes    = 0;
BTC_lifes           = 10;
BTC_spectating      = 2;//0 = disable; 1 = units group; 2 = side units; 3 = all units
BTC_spectating_view = [0,0];//To force a view set the first number of the array to 1. The second one is the view mode: 0 = first person; 1 = behind the back; 2 = High; 3 = free
BTC_s_mode_view     = ["First person","Behind the back","High","Free"];
BTC_black_screen    = 1;//Black screen + button while unconscious or action wheel and clear view
BTC_action_respawn  = 0;//if black screen is set to 0 you can choose if you want to use the action wheel or the button. Keep in mind that if you don't use the button, the injured player can use all the action, frag too....
BTC_camera_unc      = 1;
BTC_camera_unc_type = ["Behind the back","High","Free"];
BTC_respawn_time    = 0;
BTC_active_mobile   = 0;//Active mobile respawn (You have to put in map the vehicle and give it a name. Then you have to add one object per side to move to the mobile (BTC_base_flag_west,BTC_base_flag_east) - (1 = yes, 0 = no))
BTC_mobile_respawn  = 0;//Active the mobile respawn fnc (1 = yes, 0 = no)
BTC_mobile_respawn_time = 30;//Secs delay for mobile vehicle to respawn
BTC_need_first_aid = 0;//You need a first aid kit to revive (1 = yes, 0 = no)
BTC_pvp = 0; //(disable the revive option for the enemy)
BTC_injured_marker = 0;
BTC_3d_can_see     = ["Man"];
BTC_3d_distance    = 50;
BTC_3d_icon_size   = 0.5;
BTC_3d_icon_color  = [1,0,0,1];
BTC_dlg_on_respawn = 1;//1 = Mobile only - 2 Leader group and mobile - 3 = Units group and mobile - 4 = All side units and mobile
BTC_objects_actions_west = [];
BTC_objects_actions_east = [];
BTC_objects_actions_guer = [];
BTC_objects_actions_civ  = [];
if (isServer) then
{
BTC_vehs_mobile_west = [];//Editable - define mobile west
BTC_vehs_mobile_east = [];//Editable - define mobile east
BTC_vehs_mobile_guer = [];//Editable - define mobile independent
BTC_vehs_mobile_civ  = [];//Editable - define mobile civilian
};
////////////////// Don't edit below \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Excellent, that's _almost_ perfect, but I noticed one bug. For grins I took a guy with a Rangefinder and threw a pair of Binoculars and a Laser Designator in my backpack. I set it so I could respawn and when I did, everything was correct with the exception of me now having 2 Binoculars and 2 Laser Designators in my backpack :)

Everything else worked perfectly.

I didn't understand :)

The handledamage has to fire to "update" and save your gear btw, I don't know if you were aware of it or not.

Right. So, with the current script, if I set "BTC_disable_respawn = 0;" so I can respawn myself, run to a crate that has binoculars in them (Supply Box has one) and grab those binoculars and put them in my backpack as opposed to equipping them.

I then grenade myself twice and die.

I respawn and the Rangefinders are still in the top right gear slot, but if I look in my backpack where I put the one binocular, there are now 2 of them. :)

Same seems to be for any of those items, binocs, rangefinders or laser designators. I haven't really dug further into the script, but is there possibly some extra script that looks at all the items in the backpack and for some reason it's adding back in a second copy of those items?

Okay will do.

I'm not sayin' anything bad, I'm just trying to wrap my head around these mp issues.

I know for a fact that AI skill eats up a lot of resources.

I know of your WarStorm, I edited it a bit to cut back on lag, but that is not your issue, We are not running the best dedicated server. Cheers!

There a variable that I can watch for every time someone is revived? Specifically, I have an addAction attached to the leader of a group in my mission. When they respawn/revive they lose the addAction, and since the 'leader groupname' can vary from game to game and even within a game, I can't just force it in the init of a specific unit.

If there's a variable I can set a trigger to watch that will change when a unit is revived I can just add the check/add there.

I've been getting an error where after respawning I can no longer see chat messages. Has anyone else encountered this?

Yes we are having this issue on our dedi server - Though it has only started happening since the last BI update so assumed it was that casuing the problem.

On another we have found that once the mission is up and running the last player to join does not have the ability to revive - seems like they have to jump out and in again for it to work

anyone else getting head bugged after reviving? This seems to only happen when we're using the Advanced revive. I'll update my missions today and re-test as it could be my version.

Hi, I was wondering, is it possible to respawn inside the mobile hq vehicle?

More specifically, I was hoping to respawn the dead players in a new Assault boat, somewhere off the coast, each time they choose to respawn.

Any idea if that would be possible at all?

Is there a way to add a delay before this will take over and teleport you to base and then back out to the battlefield? We recently added IEDs to our server and were wanting 5 seconds or so of ragdoll before being able to be revived

Is there a way to add a delay before this will take over and teleport you to base and then back out to the battlefield? We recently added IEDs to our server and were wanting 5 seconds or so of ragdoll before being able to be revived
respawnDelay = in seconds you choose; in the description.ext. Look in the =BTC=_revive_init.sqf as well.

Be sure to look at this as well.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Description.ext#respawn

Edited by 3lockad3
Cuz I'm a tard

respawnDelay = in seconds you choose; in the description.ext. Look in the =BTC=_revive_init.sqf as well.

Be sure to look at this as well.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Description.ext#respawn

Changing respawnDelay just makes the screen black for the time I give it. Then it switches to the laying on the ground injured screen. How do I stop the black screen during that time?

Hey. i have a short question:

I would like to have the revive animation a bit longer. Is there a possibility that i can define the time of the revive animation. I mean, looping the revive animation, because i have set the sleeping time of the wounded person to 60 sec. Only the revive animation should bo also 50-60 sec. Is there a solution?

Thank for your help.

How do I stop the black screen during that time?

Go into the =BTC=_revive_init.sqf, there is options in it for what you are looking for.

Also watch the vids on the header, they are very out of date, but I think Jester covers what you are lookin' for.

I have BTC_black_screen set to 0 already. There is a brief moment where it transitions from ragdoll to needing first aid that the screen goes black. I was wondering how to delay this transition so people can see the IED going off. Right now it is just black screen for a quarter of a second and then they are laying on the ground "going what just happened?"