Probably i fixed it only on my version, I'll upload it after the patch!

Probably i fixed it only on my version, I'll upload it after the patch!

Ah ok - Thought it was me going mad!

Just a thought how about instead of (or as well as) the little red icon when a player is waiting for revive that say red smoke is popped at the downed players location. We had that on A2 on our server and we all agreed it really addded to the "experience" and especially as smoke now works really well in A3. Gives the other team memebers a good visual location and can help players trying to revive. Just a thought

Great script

Hey there, I first wanna say that this is an amazing script and thank you for creating it. I am having some trouble however. Members of my team that carry a medkit and then get revived after being downed are losing their medkits and either getting a ton of ammo or watches in there bags. Is there anyway to correct this? If it has already been discussed I apologize for asking again. Thanks kindly!

Members of my community have also been having the glitch where almost all their ammo is taken and they get an inventory full of watches, Not sure if this have been addressed in previous posts i really don't want to go through 100 pages to find it.

I'll help you out fellas because this has been mostly ignored, go to page 92, at the top of that page there is a post.

If you put // infront of those lines of code (comment them out) in the function.sqf mentioned in that post that should fix the issue with becoming a travelling watch salesman.

I've still encountered some issues with the gear but haven't had the watch issue after doing that.

ignored 'cause it works fine with me every time i play.

If you can't reproduce the error and you're using the last version available, well, i can't help you

I will take a look at the version I have. May have picked a bad link to get it from or a new release must have just come out. Thanks!

Awesome, thanks as always! Keep up the great work.

Should "BTC_disable_respawn = 1;" disable the respawn button/capability for players or is it another setting? I've tried both and neither seems to actually disable players from respawning.

Edited by Meatball

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Edited by Guest
mirrored archive updated with fixed version

Awesome, thanks as always! Keep up the great work.

Should "BTC_disable_respawn = 1;" disable the respawn button/capability for players or is it another setting? I've tried both and neither seems to actually disable players from respawning.

Try to re-download from here:

http://www.giallustio.altervista.org/pages/=BTC=_revive.php

Check the version in the revive_init too

Ah, perfect, thanks! That seemed to do the trick. For some reason I still had the .94 files after the last download, but this most recent one is working like a champ. Thanks!

Hey Gia, though on a possible addition to a future release. The current 'spectator' mode works great. A cool addition might be to add the option to spectate other players on your team/side in addition to just your location.

"Ave" to everyone.

First: great script and excelent work.

Second: I use the script in one mission but I don't know how to set up the distance beetween the object (Flagpole) and the mobile respawn. I have one flagpole on mission start and the players get a mobile respawn on a truck.

Love it. This script will be in my updated FIA Checkpoint Assault, and the followon FIA missions, as well as some other missions I have in the pipeline.

Hi!

Love your script, it gives the medics something to do the battlefield.

I have a question:

is it some how possible to revive a player inside a trigger area?

An example: A trigger is located inside a building (Let say the Altis hospital, at the entrance.). When the player is dragged in to this trigger the player revives. Is this possible using the "ACE revive simulation" and how do i do it and what should i call to make a working field hospital?

Another thing it would be cool if you could add time to the countdown using first aid kits.

Found a partial bug when you disable self respawn using BTC_disable_respawn = 1; Don't know if it BTC or just the way ARMA handles things.

Normally you'll sit there watching your corpse with just the option to spectate and the 3 options. But if someone has a hankering too, they can blast their ESC key and you see the "RESPAWN" button pop up momentarily. You do it enough and can click on it and get to the respawn menu.

Option does not work "BTC_respawn_gear" and does not work when you add another "[mobile_east_1]"

Hello, would like to start by saying i love the script and use it for everything

quick question though, how would i go about forcing a script to run after selecting were you respawn?

its just i have a loadout ui i want to pop up after you get back in the game

Hey,

found a bug with dead players who got killed while running around. even in death they stuck in moving further while prone. it is not possible to revive a bugged player in move animation. pressing ESC will stop the motion.

regards,

ian

Thanks for the great script Giallustio!

I was wondering if you would consider adding this in your BTC_vehicle_mobile_respawn function?

After the createVehicle line

_veh = createVehicle [_type, (_pos findEmptyPosition [2,200,_type]),[],0,"NONE"];

Check and see if its a uav type and load the crew.

if(getNumber(configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> typeof _veh >> "isUav")==1) then {
 createVehicleCrew _veh;     
};

I have been using a UGV as a spawn point in a mission im working on. On respawn a UGV is not usable since it does not have a crew.

Hey,

I'm trying to get the gear-saving to work on my mission, but when I respawn I get the same gear I spawned with instead of the gear I died with.

Found a partial bug when you disable self respawn using BTC_disable_respawn = 1; Don't know if it BTC or just the way ARMA handles things.

Normally you'll sit there watching your corpse with just the option to spectate and the 3 options. But if someone has a hankering too, they can blast their ESC key and you see the "RESPAWN" button pop up momentarily. You do it enough and can click on it and get to the respawn menu.

I'll change the approach in the next update.

@ Absolute_Z3r0

In the next version! Thanks for the tip!