We're using the script with no issues in our internal events. I'm waiting for the new patch then i'll release the new version.

The gear's bug it's really weird, it only happens with some character and i don't know why, but honestly it's a BI problem, not mine.

I am new to using scripts in Arma amd I ma trying to make a search and rescue mission. Could someone please help me in writing the description and init files so I can incorporate this sript please.

In my mission the 8 players start in two MH-99 choppers and fly to an LZ / start point....which is where I have set the respawn too. How would I tie those players to the marker BTC_base_flag_west? as you had in the video demo?

Edited by =WKV= Blackwatch

Hey, I see a lot of great potential for this script in making medics actually useful and fun to play, but I've been trying to get it working properly for a while now and I'm a bit confused.

Ideally, I would like to disable respawn entirely and, after you run out of time to be revived, have you die and go into the default BI spectator camera. After reading this thread, I found that (instead of "BTC_disable_respawn = 1" as I first assumed), to disable respawn you need to set:

BTC_active_lifes = 1;
BTC_lifes = 1;

So that's nice, it works and you can get revived without using up that life. Cool.

Thing is, in some cases, if "BTC_respawn_gear" is set to 1, it seems like you get revived with your inventory full of infinite amounts of watches. If it is set to 0, you rise up again and might find that magazines or grenades or other things have been added or removed from your inventory, which is a bit less than ideal, but obviously better than sprouting watches from every pocket. I have yet to try it with the "BTC_loop_check" turned on. I also see some people have reported issues of having binoculars or rangefinders disappear when being revived. Has anyone found a way for these things not to happen?

In an effort to figure out the watch abundance problem, I looked at the code and found these lines in BTC_set_gear:

line 144: while {loadUniform _unit < 1} do {_unit addItem "itemWatch";_watch = _watch + 1;};
line 147: while {loadVest _unit < 1} do {_unit addItem "itemWatch";_watch = _watch + 1;};
line 150: for "_i" from 1 to _watch do {_unit removeItem "ItemWatch";};

As far as I can see, these are the only references to "ItemWatch", "loadUniform", "loadVest", or "_watch" in all of the BTC Revive files. To my eyes (which are relatively new to sqf so I might totally be wrong) it seems like the script first gives you watches until both loadUniform and loadVest are above one, and then removes them again after. But loadVest or loadUniform are not modified anywhere else so it just loops forever, giving you an endless supply of timepieces.

Am I missing something and there's a logic and a purpose to this watch adding or is this an error?

EDIT: Actually, loadUniform and loadVest seem to be functions that look at how much stuff you're carrying in your uniform and vest, so instead of constantly giving you watches it just fills your uniform and vest with watches until it's full and then keeps doing it if you take watches out of there?

Very interesting. I have more info that may lend a hand.

Updated to the newest version and suddenly everything was fine, except when using an automatic riflemen BUT (this is the key part) I did not use a normal rifleman I was using the AAF. If anyone has played him they know his main uniform cannot hold any gear. That was the only difference I could see between him and others so I switched him and BAM, problems gone. That was 2 weeks ago. Recently, in a new mission I'm making which involves water, 2 of my guys start in the ocean with wetsuits. I've customized them a bit so really they are in wetsuits, a re-breather and a carryall packed with gear.

Problem occurred again - 328watches. Same mission however, the other soldiers dressed in regular gear had no issues.

Common denominator: re-breather cannot hold gear just like the autorifleman uniform from the AAF.

Could this be an issue with gear(uniforms/vests) that don't/cannot hold items?

edit: wasn't the re-breather. We did tests. Will try later with no wet suit. Hopefully the recent patch didn't mess things up too much. :S

Edited by {HoD}Ferocious

Hi Giallustio,

latest official patch seems to have broken the respawn with same gear function.

as far as i have seen it doesn't spawn goggles and headgear.

will post back if I find more.

[EDIT]

its not working consistent but it does spawn goggles+headgear some times.

Edited by =KCT=BlackMamba

I'm solving the issue right now.

I'm having some problem with binoculars, rangefinders and laserdesignators....

I'm solving the issue right now.

I'm having some problem with binoculars, rangefinders and laserdesignators....

really appreciate your hard work.

Any word on watches from anyone? My divers are still being revived with watches :confused: . On the upside the watch count went down from 328 to about 150 (nervous laugh)

we're loosing our loadouts on revive. all out vest and backpacks as well as ACRE radios are being taken away.

We have the same issue. If we give a unit custom gear load out, on death he re spawns with default gear

Edited by SpamIrwin

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

We have tested this versione many times on our dedi with any problems with watches, sure you have deleted old and copied all files from new revive?

Same here with the watches.. over 9000 in my backpacks.. :>

EDIT: Deleted previous version, replaced with the new one, configured the =BTC=_revive_init.sqf file and i'm not respawning with those damned watches anymore. yay. :)

Thanks for the fix.

Edited by Valixx

Same here with the watches.. over 9000 in my backpacks.. :>

EDIT: Deleted previous version, replaced with the new one, configured the =BTC=_revive_init.sqf file and i'm not respawning with those damned watches anymore. yay. :)

Thanks for the fix.

Hi Valixx,

Do you mind posting what you did in the init file? I'm not sure I follow when you say "configured the [..] file".

As for me: Just tested it again after re-deleting everything, also keeping all my other scripts out of my folder. I was able to get the team leader for the AAF to respawn with all gear, but the medic for the AAF spawned with watches, my SF Recon guy spawned with watches and my diver spawned with watches. /cry

Waiting for my tester to get back so we can try other missions. In the meantime I'm reading up on init files in an effort to figure this out.

edit: 2nd test: no watches, but no ability to revive. Was able to judge watch issue because the player did not call out "out of ammo" when he died as he does when he spawns with watches.

Edited by {HoD}Ferocious

Hey Ferocious.

I've only changed the things like names for the mobile respawns etc... I'll post my configuration.

////////////////// EDITABLE \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
BTC_r_new_system    = 0; //WIP - set 1 to activate it
BTC_r_wait_for_revive = 1;//If BTC_r_new_system set to 1 you can choose if you want or not a revive time available after death (Similar to wounding system in ACE)
BTC_r_action        = 0;//[NOT IMPLEMENTED] - 0 if you don't want the healing animation (ACE style), 1 if you want the animations (You can't stop the animation)
BTC_r_med_fa        = 1;//0 for only first aid kit, 1 if you don't have a medikit you need a first aid kit, 2 only medikit
BTC_r_cpr_time      = 60;
BTC_r_trans_ratio   = 100;
BTC_revive_time_min = 5;
BTC_revive_time_max = 600;
BTC_who_can_revive  = ["Man"];
BTC_loop_check      = 0;
BTC_disable_respawn = 0;
BTC_respawn_gear    = 1;
BTC_active_lifes    = 1;
BTC_lifes           = 100;
BTC_spectating      = 2;//0 = disable; 1 = units group; 2 = side units; 3 = all units
BTC_spectating_view = [0,0];//To force a view set the first number of the array to 1. The second one is the view mode: 0 = first person; 1 = behind the back; 2 = High; 3 = free
BTC_s_mode_view     = ["First person","Behind the back","High","Free"];
BTC_black_screen    = 0;//Black screen + button while unconscious or action wheel and clear view
BTC_action_respawn  = 0;//if black screen is set to 0 you can choose if you want to use the action wheel or the button. Keep in mind that if you don't use the button, the injured player can use all the action, frag too....
BTC_camera_unc      = 1;
BTC_camera_unc_type = ["Behind the back","High","Free"];
BTC_respawn_time    = 5;
BTC_active_mobile   = 1;//Active mobile respawn (You have to put in map the vehicle and give it a name. Then you have to add one object per side to move to the mobile (BTC_base_flag_west,BTC_base_flag_east) - (1 = yes, 0 = no))
BTC_mobile_respawn  = 1;//Active the mobile respawn fnc (1 = yes, 0 = no)
BTC_mobile_respawn_time = 30;//Secs delay for mobile vehicle to respawn
BTC_need_first_aid = 1;//You need a first aid kit to revive (1 = yes, 0 = no)
BTC_pvp = 0; //(disable the revive option for the enemy)
BTC_injured_marker = 1;
BTC_3d_can_see     = ["Man"];
BTC_3d_distance    = 30;
BTC_3d_icon_size   = 0.5;
BTC_3d_icon_color  = [1,0,0,1];
BTC_dlg_on_respawn = 1;//1 = Mobile only - 2 Leader group and mobile - 3 = Units group and mobile - 4 = All side units and mobile
BTC_objects_actions_west = [teleportSign01];
BTC_objects_actions_east = [];
BTC_objects_actions_guer = [];
BTC_objects_actions_civ  = [];
if (isServer) then {    BTC_vehs_mobile_west = [MHQ_One, MHQ_Two];//Editable - define mobile west    
BTC_vehs_mobile_east = [];//Editable - define mobile east    
BTC_vehs_mobile_guer = [];//Editable - define mobile independent    
BTC_vehs_mobile_civ  = [];//Editable - define mobile civilian
};

Edited by Valixx

Hey Ferocious.

I've only changed the things like names for the mobile respawns etc... I'll post my configuration.

BTC_r_wait_for_revive = 1;//If BTC_r_new_system set to 1 you can choose if you want or not a revive time available after death (Similar to wounding system in ACE)
BTC_r_action        = 0;//[NOT IMPLEMENTED] - 0 if you don't want the healing animation (ACE style), 1 if you want the animations (You can't stop the animation)
BTC_r_med_fa        = 1;//0 for only first aid kit, 1 if you don't have a medikit you need a first aid kit, 2 only medikit
BTC_revive_time_min = 5;
BTC_loop_check      = 0;
BTC_disable_respawn = 0;
BTC_respawn_gear    = 1;
BTC_active_lifes    = 1;
BTC_spectating      = 2;//0 = disable; 1 = units group; 2 = side units; 3 = all units
BTC_spectating_view = [0,0];//To force a view set the first number of the array to 1. The second one is the view mode: 0 = first person; 1 = behind the back; 2 = High; 3 = free
BTC_black_screen    = 0;//Black screen + button while unconscious or action wheel and clear view
BTC_action_respawn  = 0;//if black screen is set to 0 you can choose if you want to use the action wheel or the button. Keep in mind that if you don't use the button, the injured player can use all the action, frag too....
BTC_camera_unc      = 1;
BTC_respawn_time    = 5;
BTC_active_mobile   = 1;//Active mobile respawn (You have to put in map the vehicle and give it a name. Then you have to add one object per side to move to the mobile (BTC_base_flag_west,BTC_base_flag_east) - (1 = yes, 0 = no))
BTC_injured_marker = 1;
BTC_3d_distance    = 30;
BTC_dlg_on_respawn = 1;//1 = Mobile only - 2 Leader group and mobile - 3 = Units group and mobile - 4 = All side units and mobile
if (isServer) then {    BTC_vehs_mobile_west = [MHQ_One, MHQ_Two];//Editable - define mobile west    
};

thank you very much, Valixx for your help, no matter how trivial it may seem.

Side note: I said f- it and just decided I would use the BTC mission and then merge my mission into it. No revive available. They don't spawn with watches, and respawning works like a charm, but no revive. OBVIOUSLY I'm missing something but it's like losing keys in your room when you know they're there - it can be quite a frustrating experience.

Probably there are some problems with some defined uniforms and vests...If you could post what gear gives problem maybe i can find a way to fix it

Probably there are some problems with some defined uniforms and vests...If you could post what gear gives problem maybe i can find a way to fix it

Hey thanks for the reply. Well so far:

AAF: medic seems to have an issue as does Team Leader. Rifleman seems ok and engineer seem fine. That's all I've tested.

Recon: Paramedic had issues but he was in diver gear. Could be a re-breather thing.

Diver Team Leader: issues too.

That's all I've tested...notwithstanding the patience I've tested in my buddy who I keep asking to "see if this works" haha...

I'm gonna try a few fixes - haven't had the chance to sit down with anything since Valixx posted. I have some time now though.

AAF Medic (I changed some default things. That may be important for testing purposes. Sorry if this post is obtrusive):

removeallweapons this; removeheadgear this; this addheadgear "H_Beret_grn_SF"; removeVest this; this unassignItem "NVGoggles"; this removeItem "NVGoggles"; removebackpack this; this addbackpack "B_AssaultPack_ocamo"; this additem "Medikit"; this moveincargo bob; this addvest "V_HarnessOGL_brn"; this addmagazine "30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag_Tracer"; this addmagazine "30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag_Tracer"; this addmagazine "30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag_Tracer"; this addmagazine "30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag_Tracer";this addmagazine "30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag_Tracer";this addmagazine "30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag_Tracer";this addmagazine "30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag_Tracer";this addmagazine "30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag_Tracer";this addmagazine "30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag_Tracer";this addmagazine "30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag_Tracer"; this addmagazine "3Rnd_UGL_FlareRed_F"; this addmagazine "3Rnd_UGL_FlareRed_F"; this addmagazine "3Rnd_UGL_FlareRed_F"; this addmagazine "handgrenade"; this addmagazine "handgrenade"; this addmagazine "handgrenade"; this addmagazine "3Rnd_UGL_FlareRed_F"; this addweapon "arifle_MX_GL_ACO_pointer_F"; this addmagazine "3Rnd_UGL_FlareRed_F"; this addmagazine "3Rnd_UGL_FlareRed_F"; this addmagazine "3Rnd_UGL_FlareRed_F"; this additem "FirstAidKit"; this additem "FirstAidKit"; this additem "FirstAidKit"; this additem "FirstAidKit"; this additem "FirstAidKit"; this additem "FirstAidKit"; this removeprimaryweaponitem "acc_pointer_IR"; this addprimaryweaponitem "acc_flashlight"; this addmagazine "9Rnd_45ACP_Mag"; this addmagazine "9Rnd_45ACP_Mag"; this addweapon "hgun_ACPC2_F";
Edited by {HoD}Ferocious

Iam not sure what i did wrong. I wannt no respawn just a black screen and only revive with medipack/first aid kit like "ACE2".

But there is no blacksreen and respawn works -.-

Maybee someone can see my isue? :)

BTC_r_wait_for_revive = 0;//If BTC_r_new_system set to 1 you can choose if you want or not a revive time available after death (Similar to wounding system in ACE)
BTC_revive_time_min = 5;
BTC_revive_time_max = 800;
BTC_loop_check      = 0;
BTC_disable_respawn = 1;
BTC_respawn_gear    = 1;
BTC_active_lifes    = 1;
BTC_lifes           = 20;
BTC_spectating      = 0;//0 = disable; 1 = units group; 2 = side units; 3 = all units
BTC_black_screen    = 1;//Black screen + button while unconscious or action wheel and clear view
BTC_camera_unc      = 1;
BTC_respawn_time    = 0;
BTC_active_mobile   = 0;//Active mobile respawn (You have to put in map the vehicle and give it a name. Then you have to add one object per side to move to the mobile (BTC_base_flag_west,BTC_base_flag_east) - (1 = yes, 0 = no))
BTC_mobile_respawn  = 0;//Active the mobile respawn fnc (1 = yes, 0 = no)
BTC_injured_marker = 1;
BTC_3d_distance    = 30;
BTC_objects_actions_west = [];
BTC_objects_actions_civ = [];
if (isServer) then
{
BTC_vehs_mobile_west = [];//Editable - define mobile west
BTC_vehs_mobile_civ = [];//Editable - define mobile civilian
};

Hey Ferocious.

BTC_revive_time_min = 5;
BTC_loop_check      = 0;
BTC_disable_respawn = 0;
BTC_respawn_gear    = 1;
BTC_active_lifes    = 1;
BTC_camera_unc      = 1;
BTC_respawn_time    = 5;
BTC_injured_marker = 1;
BTC_3d_distance    = 30;
};

OK, so this helps. I had "need first aid kit to revive" on which explains all the can't revive scenarios. I was a medic, but being killed first, so when I would pop up I only had watches and no medikit and thus not able to revive.

Now, I need to test to see if that's going to have an impact on the watches. There was a possible work around on a previous page I wanted to check too.

Question, however:

BTC_r_med_fa = 1;//0 for only first aid kit, 1 if you don't have a medikit you need a first aid kit, 2 only medikit

What does that mean?

what does this code refer to? Not entirely sure which one I should pick.