Could you upload your rpt?

There you go :)

This is the latest one, I just created. Not sure why the second error didn't occur. It may have started after I respawned I can't remember.

http://www.1st-tag.co.uk/FILES/arma3_2013-08-31_19-02-52.rpt

This one shows both errors.

http://www.1st-tag.co.uk/FILES/arma3_2013-08-31_17-41-20.rpt

Edited by ToM666

mobile_west_2 was not placed on the map!

Ahh, that explains why one of the errors stopped. I noticed that and sorted it.

the line 1510 one is still happening though.

If I am the only one getting it I assume it is the way I have set it up. TBH, I only said something becuase I saw someone else had a similiar problem.

Have you any idea from the rpt what I have done wrong?

Hi guys

it occurs to me that if it is me not configuring this script correctly causing the error then it would make sense for me to upload my settings. To that end, please see below:

http://www.1st-tag.co.uk/FILES/=BTC=_revive_init.sqf

One possible reason I thought maybe is that I only created one respawn object for each side.

Would I need to create one for each side for each mobile spawn?

@Tom

You could create 1000 or 0 mobile respawns. The most important thing is to define the objects in the init with the same editor name! If you don't want to use any, just leave the array empty!

@Tom

You could create 1000 or 0 mobile respawns. The most important thing is to define the objects in the init with the same editor name! If you don't want to use any, just leave the array empty!

I think I have? :confused:

At the moment I have 5 vehicles set up as mobile respawns.

The vehicles are named consecutively "mobile_west_1" through to "mobile_west_5".

I have created a spawn object for each called "BTC_base_flag_west" then "BTC_base_flag_west_1" through to "BTC_base_flag_west_4"

All five of these objects have been attached to the vehicles.

I have also created a spawn object called "BTC_base_flag_east" and dumped it in the ocean of the east coast of Altis LOL

The part of the init that is relevant I believe is shown below. Can you see anywhere I have gone wrong?

BTC_objects_actions_west = [bTC_base_flag_west];
BTC_objects_actions_east = [bTC_base_flag_east];
BTC_objects_actions_guer = [];
BTC_objects_actions_civ  = [];
if (isServer) then
{
BTC_vehs_mobile_west = [mobile_west_1,mobile_west_2,mobile_west_3,mobile_west_4,mobile_west_5];//Editable - define mobile west
BTC_vehs_mobile_east = [mobile_east_1];//Editable - define mobile east
BTC_vehs_mobile_guer = [];//Editable - define mobile independent
BTC_vehs_mobile_civ  = [];//Editable - define mobile civilian

Send me the mission! ;)

Hi mate

I've sent you a PM with a link to it :cool:

Just by way of wrapping this up after Giallustio took time out of his life to check through my mission it appears it was me misunderstanding the readme as regards the requirement for an enemy spawn object.

Runs perfectly now I have made the changes suggested.

Thanks Giallustio and thanks for the awesome script. :cool:

Notice a little thing.

I use the option where we can use Medikit or First Aid Kit to do something. But when you heal a unit, if you have the medikit in the inventory, First Aid are always used and are remove in the inventory.

The part of the init that is relevant I believe is shown below. Can you see anywhere I have gone wrong?

BTC_objects_actions_west = [bTC_base_flag_west];
BTC_objects_actions_east = [bTC_base_flag_east];
BTC_objects_actions_guer = [];
BTC_objects_actions_civ  = [];
if (isServer) then
{
BTC_vehs_mobile_west = [mobile_west_1,mobile_west_2,mobile_west_3,mobile_west_4,mobile_west_5];//Editable - define mobile west
BTC_vehs_mobile_east = [mobile_east_1];//Editable - define mobile east
BTC_vehs_mobile_guer = [];//Editable - define mobile independent
BTC_vehs_mobile_civ  = [];//Editable - define mobile civilian

You still have "mobile_east_1" listed as a mobile respawn for east. You either need that on the map, or just remove it so it looks like the _guer or _civ lines...

You still have "mobile_east_1" listed as a mobile respawn for east. You either need that on the map, or just remove it so it looks like the _guer or _civ lines...

Okay mate. Thanks for clarifying the error. We had already sorted it out but I wasn't specific about what the error was so this should potentially help others that make the same mistake :)

A few things with the new system:

1) Whenever you "die" and are waiting on a revive you can crawl around. You can't stand up or move fast, but sometimes you are not tired/injured in this state and can prone crawl really quickly and have great aim. You are also invulnerable in this state. I'm not sure if it's like this for others or if I set it up incorrectly.

2) BTC_r_med_fa - For option 3, and really could apply for 2 as well, normal soldiers should be able to use their FAKS as bandages. You bleed out too fast sometimes to call a medic all the way to you. Epi/morph as medic only would still be ok.

3) Is epi supposed to be for an unconscious state or for the needs revive state? Seems a little redundant with transfusion, but I don't know.

Can't think of anything else.

Sometimes, this error pop up on my server ( something like once or twice per hour )

130902074858366170.jpg

And some players told me they have problems when they respawn ( like frozen unit ) after a teamkill and must reconnect, but I can't give more detail because I never had this problem.

Fixed! Thanks for the report!

Replace:

_spawn = [(_array select 1)] spawn
		{
			(_this select 0) switchMove "AinjPfalMstpSnonWrflDnon_carried_down";
			sleep 3;
			if (format ["%1",(_array select 1) getVariable "BTC_need_revive"] == "1") then {(_this select 0) switchMove "ainjppnemstpsnonwrfldnon";};
		};

With:

_spawn = [(_array select 1)] spawn
		{
			(_this select 0) switchMove "AinjPfalMstpSnonWrflDnon_carried_down";
			sleep 3;
			if (format ["%1",(_this select 0) getVariable "BTC_need_revive"] == "1") then {(_this select 0) switchMove "ainjppnemstpsnonwrfldnon";};
		};

Hello Giallustio,

I've just started using this script in missions. I love its basic functionality (revive and whatnot) and the fact that mobile respawn points can be set with little to no fuss on the part of the user. However, I am experiencing an issue with mobile respawns. The respawn/dialog system works great until one of the mobile respawns is destroyed. The error that follows is shown on-screen and the respawn dialog no longer gives any options no matter the status of any other MHQ or Base:

Error in expression <) : {_side = "BTC_mobile_west";_array = BTC_vehs_mobile_west_str;};
case (BTC_si>
 Error position: <BTC_vehs_mobile_west_str;};
case (BTC_si>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: btc_vehs_mobile_west_str
File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Altis\=BTC=_revive\=BTC=_functions.sqf, line 1588

It looks like there are other issues according to my rpt, but I'm not able to separate them from each other. Regardless, this is the one that pops up on screen when attempting to respawn after a designated MHQ has been destroyed. It continues popping up at the Dialog menu even after the MHQ respawns to its starting location 30 seconds later. The only option left to the player from then on is to close the dialog and respawn at base.

I would appreciate any assistance you or anyone else may give in solving this issue. I'm eager to use this script to its full potential.

I'm in stable, so i can't help a lot and it could be related to the dev version. I need to know your revive version and i need your rpt.

@Giallustio - Because some of the vehicles in the game are not absolute zero as it is related to speed some vehicles that are used for MHQ will show "MHQ is moving" while looking at the map.

Might I suggest changing the following in =BTC=_Functions.sqf:

CHANGE FROM:

if (speed _obj == 0) then {format ["%1", _var] setMarkerTextLocal format ["%1 deployed", _var];format ["%1", _var] setmarkerColorlocal "ColorGreen";} else {format ["%1", _var] setMarkerTextLocal format ["%1 is moving", _var];format ["%1", _var] setmarkerColorlocal "ColorBlack";};

CHANGE TO:

if (speed _obj <= 2 && speed _obj >= -2) then {format ["%1", _var] setMarkerTextLocal format ["%1 deployed", _var];format ["%1", _var] setmarkerColorlocal "ColorGreen";} else {format ["%1", _var] setMarkerTextLocal format ["%1 is moving", _var];format ["%1", _var] setmarkerColorlocal "ColorBlack";};

Let me know what you think. I edited my version that is on my dedicated server and it is working as expected.

Need help...My question has probably been asked, but I don't have time to read 80 pg . I noticed when I needed to be revived, there wasn't a respawn button. I don't know where to look to activate respawn. Can someone help?

@Hajimoto

I already changed it to (speed _obj <= 5 && speed _obj >= -3) but i think that i didn't add it to the last release. It will be in the next!

I see other strange thing.

Friendly AI attack and destroy all MHQ, same for the armed UGV.