BTC_vehs_mobile_west = [mobile_west_0]

Set it to an empty array if you do not have an vehicle named mobile_west_0 otherwise you will get this error. Same for the other ones i.e BTC_vehs_mobile_east = []

i sorted it now just one more question i placed a toilet as the teleport when i go upto it and scroll i have 2 of the same options to teleport

Edited by hellstorm77

Hey guys!

ive read through all the pages and i havent seemed to be able to find the answer to my problem(s). Im not a expert on making maps or anything, only been doing it for a few weeks, recently got into the whole scripting side of things, but anyway, Ive gotten the revive/respawn to work, but i cant seem to get the Mobile HQ to work, and also, what i really want fixed is, to have the REVIVE work, but have the RESPAWN not work. i had my disable respawn and everything off but doesnt seem to do anything. Anyway, heres how i have it setup:

BTC_revive_time_min = 5;

BTC_revive_time_max = 120;

BTC_who_can_revive = ["B_medic_F"];

BTC_loop_check = 0;

BTC_disable_respawn = 0;

BTC_respawn_gear = 1;

BTC_active_lifes = 3;

BTC_lifes = 3;

BTC_black_screen = 0;//Black screen + button while unconscious or action wheel and clear view

BTC_action_respawn = 0;//if black screen is set to 0 you can choose if you want to use the action wheel or the button. Keep in mind that if you don't use the button, the injured player can use all the action, frag too....

BTC_respawn_time = 10;

BTC_active_mobile = 1;//Active mobile respawn (You have to put in map the vehicle and give it a name. Then you have to add one object per side to move to the mobile (BTC_base_flag_west,BTC_base_flag_east) - (1 = yes, 0 = no))

BTC_mobile_respawn = 0;//Active the mobile respawn fnc (1 = yes, 0 = no)

BTC_mobile_respawn_time = 45;//Secs delay for mobile vehicle to respawn

BTC_need_first_aid = 1;//You need a first aid kit to revive (1 = yes, 0 = no)

BTC_pvp = 0; //(disable the revive option for the enemy)

BTC_injured_marker = 0;

BTC_vehs_mobile_west = [MHQ];//Editable - define mobile west

BTC_vehs_mobile_east = [];//Editable - define mobile east

BTC_vehs_mobile_guer = [];//Editable - define mobile independent

Also, if you need my describition for whatever reason:

respawn = base;

respawndelay = INSTANT;

#include "=BTC=_revive\=BTC=_respawn.h"

And one last noob question, where do you guys have your saved work at? i have 3 different folders that i use to save the describtion file + the other file. i have my "missions" "Saved" and "UserSaved" folders, and i have my mission in all of them, and i wasnt sure which was the actual folder i needed to save all this work on, so i just use all of them. But its alot of work to change all of them, so i was wondering if anyone could answer that question for me as well!

Anyway, ill be real glad if anyone on here could help me out! Thanks!

what i really want fixed is, to have the REVIVE work, but have the RESPAWN not work

What?

You're not using the last revive version btw.

What?

You're not using the last revive version btw.

I dont want people to be able to respawn. I just want the revive. respawing would make it to easy.

Do i just download the latest version and replace it with what i currently have?

at the start of the mission mobile_west_0 comes up on the top right of the screen how can i stop that from coming up?

hello =BTC=, I have a feature request, that I feel is rather important...

to start with an example I will give ACE poor mans revive.. With that you can set how long it will take for you to bleed out.. essentially extending your life.. You can be revive and you dont have a death cound of +1..

My request is this:

Please make =BTC= revive similar in the sense that when you get shot and need a revive.. You dont DIE.. currently when your put into a "revive" state. You get a Death count... since it has been done in Arma 2 I can only ASSUME(yes i said assume) that it should be possible in Arma 3..

Is that a possibility with you script.. maybe a check that looks for a playable unit with .99999 damage and initates (allowDamage false)? I don't know Im just throwing an idea out

Either way if it is possible it would be GREATLY appreciated!!

I dont want people to be able to respawn. I just want the revive. respawing would make it to easy.

Do i just download the latest version and replace it with what i currently have?

at the start of the mission mobile_west_0 comes up on the top right of the screen how can i stop that from coming up?

Both your questions have already been answered inside this very thread.

Both your questions have already been answered inside this very thread.

read through all of them, guess i am blind.

hello =BTC=, I have a feature request, that I feel is rather important...

to start with an example I will give ACE poor mans revive.. With that you can set how long it will take for you to bleed out.. essentially extending your life.. You can be revive and you dont have a death cound of +1..

My request is this:

Please make =BTC= revive similar in the sense that when you get shot and need a revive.. You dont DIE.. currently when your put into a "revive" state. You get a Death count... since it has been done in Arma 2 I can only ASSUME(yes i said assume) that it should be possible in Arma 3..

Is that a possibility with you script.. maybe a check that looks for a playable unit with .99999 damage and initates (allowDamage false)? I don't know Im just throwing an idea out

Either way if it is possible it would be GREATLY appreciated!!

Well...What's the point? I mean, ok you get a "death" and then? If you want some sort of score you can script it as i did fot the firebreak. I could do it but there are more cons than pros. (you will lose the radgoll effect...Just one stupid example)

When i play a game the last thing i do it's take a look at the score...Who cares...

Im just stabbing in the dark but I think he is talking about how when you get injured in ace sometimes you get back up. Like when you regain consciousness. Maybe?

Also just to say, that the drag option only works about 1 out of 10 and has through every version we've used on the server. Any idea about root cause or what the deal is? We're using 8 I think now, the latest.

Is it possible to make the mobile respawn a different object or have a 2nd respawn choice. Just changing the mobile to a something other than a truck would work.

Is it possible to make the mobile respawn a different object or have a 2nd respawn choice. Just changing the mobile to a something other than a truck would work.

Maybe you colud try instead of ask. If you did that in the editor you already know the answer...

@WildFire6

Sometimes my teammates report that too...You take the injured but you can't move, right?

well, i never mentioned score. Just death count.. in relation to the fact that in your revive script you Died.. but can be revived...

in ACE for arma 2 you get put into an unconcious state.. but you dont die... until you bleed out, that is when you get a death count +1...... if i am using a revive script the whole point is to give players the ability to get someone up BEFORE they die.... see what im saying..

nothing at all do to with score... simply death...

lets say someone makes a mission where revive is possible.. but if anyone actually dies.. the mission is a Failure.. your revive script would not work..

and your going to argue .. Why use a revive script then...

well your team is attacked .. your loose most of your men.. or you even go down, yourself.. HOWEVER, there is someone maybe two people up... they have "X" amount of time to secure the area and apply first aid before you ACTUALLY die... if anyone dies the missions is failed ... its really fun when you have the prospect of saving your whole team after surviving an ambush and taking out the enemy.... and not technically dieing..

about the Ragdoll... I may be mistaken.. However, again, when you eject out of a moving vehicle.. you go into ragdoll.. but you dont die.... if your hit by a vehicle you ragdoll (depending on the severity of the hit you dont die...) I may not know how to do it, but from the given examples i know that ragdoll is possible with out having to Die..

Thats all i ment .. if you think its a pain or a joke of an idea, well All i wanted to do was ask if it was doable. If not by you, in your revive script, ill just have to wait till they port ACE2 over to ARMA 3. Thanks again for at least entertaining the idea. :)

lets say someone makes a mission where revive is possible.. but if anyone actually dies.. the mission is a Failure.. your revive script would not work..

You already could do that...

BTC_disable_respawn = 1;

BTC_lifes = 1;

@WildFire6

Sometimes my teammates report that too...You take the injured but you can't move, right?

Thats the one...

You already could do that...

BTC_disable_respawn = 1;

BTC_lifes = 1;

:)

yea, i had tried that before, didnt work as your are suggesting, as soon as your hit .. you get the message no lives left.. because you died. and used the one life.. thanks again though for the revive. its not like i dont use it, just wondering if it could be done, by amending your revive.

i want to keep to mobile teleporter but i want to get rid of the mobile available hint is there away to do this? I was told it was already in this thread put i couldn't find it

:)

yea, i had tried that before, didnt work as your are suggesting, as soon as your hit .. you get the message no lives left.. because you died. and used the one life.. thanks again though for the revive. its not like i dont use it, just wondering if it could be done, by amending your revive.

Because there's an error of concept and no one reports it. It will be fixed in the next version. You should lose a "life" when respawn only.

Because there's an error of concept and no one reports it. It will be fixed in the next version. You should lose a "life" when respawn only.

I thought that was how you scripted it .. sweet I look forward to your next update! Thanks again!

i have seen when you are revive someone you can do it faster by ie give them first aid as soon as it starts drag them and let go they get up.

Its not a big problem just thought i would share it with you :)

i found this in 0.8 line 73, 74

if (BTC_respawn_gear == 1) then {player addEventHandler ["HandleDamage", BTC_fnc_handledamage];};

player addEventHandler ["HandleDamage", BTC_fnc_handledamage];

maybe a mistake in the fonction file because it's redondant

Giallustio

The download link is down for the RC