Hm, I just can´t get it working.

I´m using the awesome F3 Dev Kit and try to add the revive version only. My mission is going to be a TvT one.

What I have done:

• Setup F3 like told in the wiki
  • Added "call compile preprocessFile "=BTC=_revive\=BTC=_revive_init.sqf";" to init.sqf and comment "f_respawnINIT = player addEventHandler ["killed", {_this execVM "init_onPlayerRespawn.sqf"}];" out
  • Added "#include "=BTC=_revive\=BTC=_respawn.h"" to description.ext
  • Altered the "=BTC=_revive_init.sqf" in this way:
    BTC_revive_time_min = 1;
    BTC_revive_time_max = 5;
    BTC_who_can_revive  = ["Man"];
    BTC_disable_respawn = 1;
    BTC_respawn_gear    = 1;
    BTC_active_lifes    = 1;
    BTC_lifes           = 10;
    BTC_black_screen    = 0;//Black screen + button while unconscious or action wheel and clear view
    BTC_action_respawn  = 0;//if black screen is set to 0 you can choose if you want to use the action wheel or the button. Keep in mind that if you don't use the button, the injured player can use all the action, frag too....
    BTC_respawn_time    = 10;
    BTC_active_mobile   = 0;//Active mobile respawn (You have to put in map the vehicle and give it a name. Then you have to add one object per side to move to the mobile (BTC_base_flag_west,BTC_base_flag_east) - (1 = yes, 0 = no))
    BTC_mobile_respawn  = 0;//Active the mobile respawn fnc (1 = yes, 0 = no)
    BTC_mobile_respawn_time = 30;//Secs delay for mobile vehicle to respawn
    BTC_need_first_aid = 1;//You need a first aid kit to revive (1 = yes, 0 = no)
    BTC_pvp = 1; //(disable the revive option for the enemy)
    BTC_injured_marker = 1;
    BTC_vehs_mobile_west = [];//Editable - define mobile west
    BTC_vehs_mobile_east = [];//Editable - define mobile east

I loaded the mission over the MP-editor and tested it alone with the Preview from the MP-editor.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you Dakost!

You already can do that, just add the name to the array ;)

Thanks for speed answer;)

How to proceed? i'm new in script.

Just add line in revive-init ?

exemple:

BTC_vehs_mobile_west = [mobile_respawn_west_0];

BTC_vehs_mobile_west = [mobile_respawn_west_1];

BTC_vehs_mobile_west = [mobile_respawn_west_0,mobile_respawn_west_1];

Thanks, Giallustio for this script, m8!! I´m already using it! Thanks:yay:

BTC_vehs_mobile_west = [mobile_respawn_west_0,mobile_respawn_west_1];

Big thanks Giallustio, good continuation for the development :cool:

Seems like i had a corrupted downloadfile of your 0.6 Version the first time, because i tried it again with a new dl and now it's working again.

I can't seem to revive anyone with this script, am I doing anything wrong when assigning who can revive? draging and the other features seems to work.

My config:

////////////////// EDITABLE \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

BTC_revive_time_min = 5;

BTC_revive_time_max = 600;

BTC_who_can_revive = ["s1","s2","s3","s4","s5","s6","s7","s8","s9"];

BTC_disable_respawn = 1;

BTC_respawn_gear = 1;

BTC_active_lifes = 1;

BTC_lifes = 2;

BTC_black_screen = 1;//Black screen + button while unconscious or action wheel and clear view

BTC_action_respawn = 0;//if black screen is set to 0 you can choose if you want to use the action wheel or the button. Keep in mind that if you don't use the button, the injured player can use all the action, frag too....

BTC_respawn_time = 0;

BTC_active_mobile = 0;//Active mobile respawn (You have to put in map the vehicle and give it a name. Then you have to add one object per side to move to the mobile (BTC_base_flag_west,BTC_base_flag_east) - (1 = yes, 0 = no))

BTC_mobile_respawn = 0;//Active the mobile respawn fnc (1 = yes, 0 = no)

BTC_mobile_respawn_time = 30;//Secs delay for mobile vehicle to respawn

BTC_need_first_aid = 0;//You need a first aid kit to revive (1 = yes, 0 = no)

BTC_pvp = 0; //(disable the revive option for the enemy)

BTC_injured_marker = 1;

BTC_vehs_mobile_west = [];//Editable - define mobile west

BTC_vehs_mobile_east = [];//Editable - define mobile east

s1-9 are the playable units.

ofc! -.- been a long time since I did any scripting

thanks alot!

edit: works great now! but Is there any way to let ppl with no lives left spawn as birds instead instead of just waiting?

Edited by Taxen0

Guys, i'm working hard on the 0.7 and i need some help to test it and get some feedback.

I added the independent mobile and reworked the gear feature.

Especially i'm trying to save the bullets in the mags, give it a try if you can and let me know what you think about!

Keep in mind that it's a rc of an alpha game :p

www.giallustio.altervista.org/downloads/=BTC=_revive_rc1.zip

(V. 0.6) Can anyone please confirm if setting BTC_respawn_gear = 1; to BTC_respawn_gear = 0; will break the respawn and your Character will get stuck in a Black Screen?

This is currently happening to me.

Next thing is, that with the default settings in 0.6 i had a strange bug with rectangle map markers being placed on the map for every dead player after they respawned. This happend in a multiplayer game on a dedicated server today, while this won't happen when i host the game for a multiplayer server.

I'll report is this will happen again next game on the same server.

Hi Giallustio, thx again for this script. I have a big problem about it, when i just try to launch your test mission i have a message "Include file =BTC=_revive\=BTC=_respawn.h not found".

When i try to integrate it in ma mission too. i have checked it an all the files are at the good place :s.

@Mordegar

Not for me

@NorX_Aengell

Did you add it in the description.ezr file as explained in the installation?

hi,

_pos = _array select 2;

_marker = createmarkerLocal [format ["FA_%1", _pos], _pos];

format ["FA_%1", _pos] setmarkertypelocal "mil_box";

format ["FA_%1", _pos] setMarkerTextLocal format ["F.A. %1", name _unit];

format ["FA_%1", _pos] setmarkerColorlocal "ColorGreen";

format ["FA_%1", _pos] setMarkerSizeLocal [0.3, 0.3];

[_pos,_unit] spawn

Do error each time a mate is killed....

but i can't see why...

it's in the setmarkertextlocal expression

---------- Post added at 17:57 ---------- Previous post was at 17:06 ----------

With the 0.7 version, i always respawn with nothing except my underwear...

Molto bene! Tante grazie! Benissimo!

I have got it all working well, with one problem. I can't mobile respawn to work. I get a message at mission start saying "mobile_3_west is available" (or whatever the name(s) I use are), but when dead, I don't know how to respawn at mobile. The only option seems to be a single RESPAWN button, that takes me to the respawn_west marker location. Any suggestions?

yes, Giallustio, I have a marker named BTC_base_flag_west. -I assume when you say "...add the object called..." you mean a marker, right?

By the way, I have this problem with your demo mission too...can't get to respawn in the mobile there either.

---------- Post added at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

This script works great, don't understand how you are all having problems. since its release a few others and I have been using this perfectly with VAS, along with several other scripts .. Sometimes its best to just start from scratch and copy and paste directly from the directions..

Lordprimate, are you still adding extra code to the =BTC+_functions.sqf file? Or did you find that it works fine with VAS without those added two lines?

yes, Giallustio, I have a marker named BTC_base_flag_west. -I assume when you say "...add the object called..." you mean a marker, right?

By the way, I have this problem with your demo mission too...can't get to respawn in the mobile there either.

No mate, an object is an object, not a marker...

OK, thanks, Giallustio.

So for those having trouble with Mobile Respawn, especially if you're used to Norrin Revive, the BTC mobile works differently. I haven't seen this in this thread, so I'll explain it as I understand it, and anyone can correct anything I get wrong.

What this system does is use an OBJECT (not a marker, even though the name contains 'flag' in it) as a sort of "teleport point". The object, presumably set up near your "respawn_west" or "respawn_east" MARKER, has scroll-wheel actions added to it that allow you to teleport to any of the currently deployed Mobile Respawn locations. So you actually don't RESPAWN at the mobile point. You respawn at the "base" or wherever your side's marker is, and then you can use the object with the addActions on it to teleport to an available mobile respawn point.

It seems like a vehicle that is a mobile respawn point is "deployed" (and therefore usable) as long as it's not moving. They show up on the map too, btw.

EDIT: At the moment, the script doesn't allow for a backpack to be a Mobile Respawn object/point, it seems from my tests.

Hope that helps clear up the approach used for Mobile Respawn. Thanks again, for your script and help, Giallustio!

Edited by Lucky44
New Info!

The respawn is working now! Juhu!

But I still have some probs with the revive. How can I test the revive? I currently tested it only with AI, so I placed a fellow rifleman and let him get killed by a OPFOR guy, then I kill the OPFOR man and tried the revive my fellow soldier => doesn´t work. I have a first aid kit in my inventory and changed nothing in the =BTC=revive_init.

@Dr_Cox1911

You can test and use it only with human players

@Lucky44

I could add your explanation in the first topic ;)

btw you could assign the "mobile variable" to one player to make him a respawn mobile point.

I'm about to release the 0.7 rc2, i fixed the marker problem and improved the gear fnc

Yes, I think it'd be helpful to people to add my explanation at the first post.

I'd also add this if you think it's accurate:

The script will only work (at the moment) in a HOSTED game or DEDICATED SERVER, with at least two human players (1 is the host, any more are connected clients).

Does that sound right?

--> I could make a little tutorial video on using the scripts, if you like, Giallustio. You can see my previous tutorial videos in the link in my signature. Let me know if that's OK with you.

Edited by Lucky44

The script will only work (at the moment) in a HOSTED game, with at least two human players (1 is the host, any more are connected clients).

And dedicated server.

I'm ok with the tutorial, send me a pm about that ;)

Dont know if this has been posted yet but anyone else having an issue where if the mission is running for a couple hours the teleport option disappears from the object for all players?

Great addon Giallustio but I have a question; I've disabled the respawn action and I'm wondering if there's a function in this addon that will end mission if all players are unconscious/in need of revive?

Edited by Roods