Do you know if there is a conflict with VAS? I tried using this script with VAS but when I die, my character becomes naked and then respawns in the ocean.

Do you know if there is a conflict with VAS? I tried using this script with VAS but when I die, my character becomes naked and then respawns in the ocean.

Probably yes, but i can't confirm it 'cause i don't use VAS.

was just wondering if there are any plans to get this working with the AI, so that AI teammates can revive each other and friendly human players?

I am using the script for my own mission i have followed the guide with what to put in the scripts but i constantly get errors when loading up my own server, then arma closes with an error box. Could you please help?

What is the error message you get after CTD ?

What is the error message you get after CTD ?

Include file MPMissions\Mission1.Stratis\=BTC=_revive\=BTC=_respawn.h not found

Add the following to your description.ext file :

#include "=BTC=_revive\=BTC=_respawn.h"

i tried adding that but it still dosent work i get the same error message?

i tried adding that but it still dosent work i get the same error message?

=BTC=_respawn.h is not located in the folder =BTC=_revive

Make sure you drag the entire =BTC=_revive folder to your mission.

Great wee tool. Enjoying it a lot, but from what I've read in the thread I still can't disable respawns right? Anyway thanks for the useful script.

I don't understand why disable respawn...I mean...When the time is up what should happen? Black screen forever? End mission? So i have to log out and rejoin, or i have to save the players id and block it....Just to understand

I really like your script but is there a possibility to turn of respawn option leaving only reviving by other players and drag body ?

Or how to set that player willl need to wait 60 sec or so to have respawn option available

Edited by Ciubaka
Add qestion

Nice script, not sure about the others but for me the ability to disable respawn and/or limit the amount of respawns would allow for forcing players to work more closely together and stop some of the lone-wolf attitude in public play as they would have to either wait for someone to get to them to heal or disconnect.

So you'd like an option to remove the "respawn button" and let them wait, right?

I'm working on v 0.5. Already added the "lifes" feature and removed the respawn action wheel. I changed the firs aid kit check, now you can revive an injured mate if you don't have first aid but he does

So you'd like an option to remove the "respawn button" and let them wait, right?

Exactly.

Beaing not able to respawn will force players to stay close and help each other.

Beaing not able to respawn will force players to stay close and help each other.

No mate, that's "playing arma" :p

I'll work on it by the way ;)

I'm testing the v 0.5 but there are a lot of things to test.

I'm waiting for no-respawn option too !

Thanks for making this script - great stuff. I've tested it with no problems.

About no-respawn feature: Respawn is a nice thing when you are playing with strangers on big co-op servers - that's a fact. But while playing difficult co-op missions with few friends you propably don't want anything to break your immersion. Possibility of respawn is making game too easy and unrealistic. While there is no respawn, medic will play crucial role on the battlefield - so it's additional satisfaction for the player who picked this class. When your life is limited to the number of medkits you're forced to be more careful.

So, this feature will please many i guess ;-)

Thanks again and good luck.

I can't wait for v 0.5 ;-)

v 0.5 is out!

Added:

- You can disable the respawn button

- If you set the black screen on, you can choose between the button and the action (with the action you can throw grenade, open the gear, get in the vehicle.....)

- Respawn time

- The first aid feature has been changed: if the injured doesn't have any first aid kit, the healer's gear will be checked.

Fixed:

- mobile name (to test)

Please report feedback and bugs. It's pretty hard to test all the feature by my self.

Have fun!

http://www.giallustio.altervista.org/pages/=BTC=_revive.php

Disabling respawn doesnt work I think. You will respawn when your timer runs out even if it is set to disabled. The player should die if the timer runs out, I think thats why people want to be able to disable respawn, so if no medic revives you, you are dead. I will take another look at the script, I might be wrong.

No mate.

Disable respawn button it's one thing, disable the respawn another one.

To disable the respawn at all set:

BTC_active_lifes    = 1;
BTC_lifes           = 1;

@Magenta

It's not that hard create the code for me, but test it out :p

You have to think fast :p

Great work! The revive and stuff works.

I only have one issue, the player loses gear when he is "killed" or when he respawns. Although I was using VAS script as well, I removed it, still running Revive, players loses his gear. Remove both scripts, works fine, respawns with gear (although with the default one). Added VAS back on, player still respawns with gear. So it probably is this scripts issue.

I can confirm this. This is caused by =BTC=Revive and not by VAS. This happens with simple custom filled ammo box gear or pre configured loadouts for specific soldiers too. Even if you pick up lots of stuff from dead guys. It varies from losing some gear to completely emptying your backpack/vest/shirt. It seems like it has problems with properly saving the gear.

This is the only thing that keeps us from using it in our missions. Which is a shame since it would actually be great.

Anyone figured out what is causing the revive actions to disappear after a while? Don't see any errors in the rpt, it works fine and then eventually it just stops and you have to respawn all the time.