Sign in to follow this  
simon1279

SCUBA insertion combat clothes in backpack script

I like the idea to insert in enemy zone underwater and then once you're on the beach wear proper vests, carried in the backpack

unit init: nul = this execVM "scubaback.sqf";

scubaback.sqf

removeBackpack player; 
player addBackpack   "B_FieldPack_blk_DiverTL";
backpa = unitBackpack player;
clearMagazineCargo backpa;
backpa additemCargoGlobal ["U_B_CombatUniform_mcam_vest",1];
backpa additemCargoGlobal ["V_TacVest_khk",1];
backpa additemCargoGlobal ["H_HelmetB",1];

my personal loadout for SCUBA insertion

removeallweapons player;
player addweapon "arifle_MX_Hamr_point_grip_F";
player addweapon "hgun_rook40_f";
player additem "NVGoggles";
player addweapon "Binocular";
player additem "muzzle_snds_H";
player additem "muzzle_snds_L";
player addmagazine "100Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag_Tracer";
player addmagazine "30rnd_9x21_mag";
removeBackpack player; 
player addBackpack   "B_FieldPack_blk_DiverTL";
backpa = unitBackpack player;
backpa additemCargoGlobal ["V_PlateCarrier2_rgr",1];
backpa addmagazineCargoGlobal ["100Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag_Tracer",6];

Alternative way instead of player command to let just the units with the init string to execute the script

removeallweapons _this;
_this addweapon "arifle_MX_Hamr_point_grip_F";
_this addweapon "hgun_rook40_f";
_this addweapon "Binocular";
_this additem "muzzle_snds_H";
_this additem "muzzle_snds_L";
_this addmagazine "100Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag_Tracer";
removeBackpack _this; 
_this addBackpack   "B_FieldPack_blk_DiverTL";
backpa = unitBackpack _this;
backpa additemCargoGlobal ["V_PlateCarrier2_rgr",1];
backpa addmagazineCargoGlobal ["100Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag_Tracer",6];
backpa additemCargoGlobal ["NVGoggles",1];
backpa addmagazineCargoGlobal ["SatchelCharge_Remote_Mag",1];
backpa addmagazineCargoGlobal ["30rnd_9x21_mag",2];

Edited by Simon1279
  • Like 1

will be testing this in my strike back missions series v.96 ,I let you know how it goes

a thanks would be appreciated........

Just had to register to say thank you for this. I've been googling the net all day to see how to change the divers loadout to something usable on land. You Sir are awesome :D.

However I now have to figure out how to get the AI to equip all this gear when they get out the water :$.

will be testing this in my strike back missions series v.96 ,I let you know how it goes

any idea if this is working correctly.

and will this work with a respawn script?

any idea if this is working correctly.

and will this work with a respawn script?

This works perfectly, i'm a scripter and a map maker since 2009, and on VBS 2 also, even if i never released my scripts here on this forums, for the respawn sadly there's nothing out now to respawn with the complete gear (vests, clothes exc.), you had at death, i'm trying to make it but no success, i made a mission where i use "respawn" eventhandler, but calling a delete corpse, and make one with init line to execute the additem exc., so you respawn with full gear, in combat uniform, for to know if the above script works or not you have just to check the sintax..... , and i'll never release a never tested script, i just post working perfectly script on the forum, if i post something it works at the 100%

Edited by Simon1279

found a little bug when using the script the drivers spawn with no weapons, but knowing me I may not have it set up right,tested it with 10 guys last night in my missions

I can assure no bugs i played the mission for wich i created this script in a COOP 10 with friends and all works perfectly, maybe you pasted something wrong.. such as no " or ;

Hi,

Im sorry, but Im alittle in the dark regarding scripts and how to use it. lets say I have placed a frogman on the map in mission editor. What do I do next? Im sorry about this Gents - could someone help me out.

Being a midlife gentleman and have played ARMA II alot I have not used scripts, this is the first time I try it - this script seems too outstanding to pass and a big respect to the Gentleman, who made this.

Kind Regards

WetNeptune

Hello.

Not tested this but can probably move you in the right way. After you have put a unit in the editor then you click that person. A window will then open about that character and on the right side of that window there is a big box where it says Initialization or something like that. In that window you put in: nul = this execVM "scubaback.sqf"; Now its ready.

You have to save the file(scubaback.sqf) in your particular mission folder to get it to work.

Hello.

Not tested this but can probably move you in the right way. After you have put a unit in the editor then you click that person. A window will then open about that character and on the right side of that window there is a big box where it says Initialization or something like that. In that window you put in: nul = this execVM "scubaback.sqf"; Now its ready.

You have to save the file(scubaback.sqf) in your particular mission folder to get it to work.

It worked :):yay: Thank You very much.

The last script. The way I understand it the whole team should be able to change gear without any command. What situation is required so the other team members (AI) execute the change? Could be Im missing something or misunderstand. All team members have backpacks and they are checked for proper equipment in them, appreciate any clarification, help, advise.

Kind Regards

WetNeptune

the last code part is more general. The first code is about the player. But when you use _this its about the unit the script is attached to. _this functions to both the player and AI if I remember correctly. I just lurk around the forum trying to help people with initialize the scripts not testing the scripts :P

you gotta make the scubaback.sqf file, and place that in your mission folder which is in MY Documents. Then you need to init the file with nul = this execVM "scubaback.sqf";

you add it to the Initialize section of your unit.

They really should sticky this sh*t because no one knows what half this crap even means.

The loadout commands are the same stuff you put in the initialize section.

@ QuiteFranklyMyMaN,

That`s covered and working. Only problem left are the 3rd script (se my reply above). My problem is that the circumstances under which the script is activated - I need an example.

Script does work, just having some problems with it working with a respawn script.

@ QuiteFranklyMyMaN,

That`s covered and working. Only problem left are the 3rd script (se my reply above). My problem is that the circumstances under which the script is activated - I need an example.

I think you have to add that null line to each unit you want to run the script....

Just tried this on Swebat dedicated server set up and player unit starts without Backpack.

Works fine in single player and Local host but fails in dedi.

:(

Just tried this on Swebat dedicated server set up and player unit starts without Backpack.

Works fine in single player and Local host but fails in dedi.

:(

Try this ;)

if(isServer) then {
removeallweapons _this;
_this addweapon "arifle_MX_Hamr_point_grip_F";
_this addweapon "hgun_rook40_f";
_this addweapon "Binocular";
_this additem "muzzle_snds_H";
_this additem "FirstAidKit";
_this additem "muzzle_snds_L";
_this addmagazine "100Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag_Tracer";
removeBackpack _this;