eggbeast

MP COOP GITS EVOLUTION - main thread

you can make your own - just don't release it to public mate

as at least half of it is mine and i'd like to keep the "rights" to develop it.

but lots of others have made this mission to date so i do see it as a community resource. so if you make it, pass it to me and i'll release it - how about that?

well...whoever does it, just make sure to include the VAS script, will ya?, LOL

k will start fiddling around with it an yeah my thoughts were to use VAS as the last stratis version I played the ammo crates did'nt refill or did kits save least for me. Just for somthing to try on Altis. Have to take a look at the core assets etc. I've only had experience in edited Domi so we'll see.

evo is a lot more straightforward than domi

to port to a new map just load up the old mission in the editor, click markers, drag a box around everything (units, markers, logics) and highlight/hover over one of the units and select copy (ctrl c) then load new mission, select Altis, and ctrl-V, then move the markers around being very careful to keep the antenna tower, black mobj marker and 3 green reinf markers together. the rest is just detail.

i should add, don't get too attached to it because i will bulldozer it at some point when i move to A3

Edited by eggbeast

Thanx yeah I tried it out last nite with a test in 1st town closest to the main airbase was pretty fun. The biggest being the engagments ranges of ArmA3 versus what they were for ArmA2. Was going to add VAS but theres an issue with the menu.hpp an another menu that (I bleieve)Scorpiomidget used from another mission that interfears with the dialogue I believe I read so have to try a differnt ammo (cratefiller) since nothing saves for me(nor do kits). Thanx for info on the markers mainly he reinforcments as I knew that a few of em were but just was'nt sure which ones. An fyi this is all for mainly personal use with a cpl steam friends til a "official" version is released.

Edited by Call_911

good stuff - we just played evo for 15 hours straight - a team of 6 or 7 of us, did 4 zones in takistan from dawn to mid afternoon then hopped over to lowlands for 3 heavy jungle zones in late afternoon and i just left 3 of em still at it in a moonlit paddy field...

some awesome firefights tonight - with a line of 6 guys blazing away into dense brush. having the more realistic nades we made for unsung (and will bring to A3 modern weps at some point) makes for much more satisfying firefights, lobbing nades, shouting "frag out" and EVERYONE gets into cover til it blows then they all pop out shooting like hell... awesome fun. in vanilla game the nades are way too weak so people throw em all over the place even while standing in the open 20m away...

our new ones make the game completely different i think, especially fun are the napalm and WP nades, the airburst and TNT concussion nades are fun too. reading the writing on the nade to see what it does is vital lol.

uns_nades_show4_zpseb75ee41.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 AM ----------

on the mission - i'll be re-writing the respawn/ kit loadout / rank / revive system for A3 myself as it will need a hybrid of various systems to interface with the mission.

this was always the weak point in terms of making the mission work and it's why i stopped work on the mission early on.

good stuff - we just played evo for 15 hours straight - a team of 6 or 7 of us, did 4 zones in takistan from dawn to mid afternoon then hopped over to lowlands for 3 heavy jungle zones in late afternoon and i just left 3 of em still at it in a moonlit paddy field...

some awesome firefights tonight - with a line of 6 guys blazing away into dense brush. having the more realistic nades we made for unsung (and will bring to A3 modern weps at some point) makes for much more satisfying firefights, lobbing nades, shouting "frag out" and EVERYONE gets into cover til it blows then they all pop out shooting like hell... awesome fun. in vanilla game the nades are way too weak so people throw em all over the place even while standing in the open 20m away...

our new ones make the game completely different i think, especially fun are the napalm and WP nades, the airburst and TNT concussion nades are fun too. reading the writing on the nade to see what it does is vital lol.

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t247/eggbeast/uns_nades_show4_zpseb75ee41.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 AM ----------

on the mission - i'll be re-writing the respawn/ kit loadout / rank / revive system for A3 myself as it will need a hybrid of various systems to interface with the mission.

this was always the weak point in terms of making the mission work and it's why i stopped work on the mission early on.

Good stuff sounds like fun, a friend got me to dl unsung. I had'nt really messed with it other than takin the cobra for a flight :D

Excuse me for my lack or energy at the moment, thus not spending the hours it would take to read through 60 pages of forums searching for my answers. I figured I would just make it simple and post the questions here. :)

I am a long time fan of EVO and when I saw Evo posted on Armaholics as a ArmA3 MP mission, I about $h!% my self with excitement!

I run a large community with multiple dedicated servers, mainly on DayZ, but I would love to host this EVO mission. I do not want to alter the mission nor make personal edits. Just host good ol Evo on ArmA3 and to help you guys with anything I can do in regards to the mod.

I am fairly new to server structure with ArmA3 and I am having issues with the mod and our server.

After adding the PBO to the MPmisson and starting the server, I hang on the loading screen and RPT logs show:

"21:05:14 Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.A3_Air_F_MH9, A3_Static_F_Mk6, A3_Soft_F_Hunter, A3_Soft_F_Offroad, A3_Soft_F_Ifrit, a3_air_f_ka60, A3_Boat_F_Assault_Boat, A3_Boat_F_Speedboat

21:05:14 Missing addons detected:

21:05:14 A3_Air_F_MH9

21:05:14 A3_Static_F_Mk6

21:05:14 A3_Soft_F_Hunter

21:05:14 A3_Soft_F_Offroad

21:05:14 A3_Soft_F_Ifrit

21:05:14 a3_air_f_ka60

21:05:14 A3_Boat_F_Assault_Boat

21:05:14 A3_Boat_F_Speedboat"

Any help would be much appreciated. And if you guys need any help with setup, modding, support, or testing. Please let me know as I would love to be a part of the Evo movement.

Thanks!

Excuse me for my lack or energy at the moment, thus not spending the hours it would take to read through 60 pages of forums searching for my answers. I figured I would just make it simple and post the questions here. :)

I am a long time fan of EVO and when I saw Evo posted on Armaholics as a ArmA3 MP mission, I about $h!% my self with excitement!

I run a large community with multiple dedicated servers, mainly on DayZ, but I would love to host this EVO mission. I do not want to alter the mission nor make personal edits. Just host good ol Evo on ArmA3 and to help you guys with anything I can do in regards to the mod.

I am fairly new to server structure with ArmA3 and I am having issues with the mod and our server.

After adding the PBO to the MPmisson and starting the server, I hang on the loading screen and RPT logs show:

"21:05:14 Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.A3_Air_F_MH9, A3_Static_F_Mk6, A3_Soft_F_Hunter, A3_Soft_F_Offroad, A3_Soft_F_Ifrit, a3_air_f_ka60, A3_Boat_F_Assault_Boat, A3_Boat_F_Speedboat

21:05:14 Missing addons detected:

21:05:14 A3_Air_F_MH9

21:05:14 A3_Static_F_Mk6

21:05:14 A3_Soft_F_Hunter

21:05:14 A3_Soft_F_Offroad

21:05:14 A3_Soft_F_Ifrit

21:05:14 a3_air_f_ka60

21:05:14 A3_Boat_F_Assault_Boat

21:05:14 A3_Boat_F_Speedboat"

Any help would be much appreciated. And if you guys need any help with setup, modding, support, or testing. Please let me know as I would love to be a part of the Evo movement.

Thanks!

That ones is probably the Alpha or beta ArmA3 version an is uncomplete, theres a more recent release noted in this thread a few pg's back. I was attempting to port this to Altis but ran into some snags with editing issues, so am waiting an praying we'll someday see this finished for ArmA3.

well we're a couple of weeks away from unsung mod release

after this i'll hopefully have a load more time

as i've said before regarding my version of this mission, it has loads of content developed by me and my team, but also by others in the community

so i'm happy for people to make their own mod of it for their own use, just prefer them not to release it except via me.

otherwise if they want to port someone elses evo from arma1 or 2 they could do that i guess.

it's about 2 days work for me to port it to altis given scorps fixes, but there's a shed load of optimisation required for it to work properly in arma 3 cos A3 currently has a lot of problems as you all know lol. that is a massive time-suck - be warned.

Edited by eggbeast

well we're a couple of weeks away from unsung mod release

after this i'll hopefully have a load more time

as i've said before regarding my version of this mission, it has loads of content developed by me and my team, but also by others in the community

so i'm happy for people to make their own mod of it for their own use, just prefer them not to release it except via me.

otherwise if they want to port someone elses evo from arma1 or 2 they could do that i guess.

it's about 2 days work for me to port it to altis given scorps fixes, but there's a shed load of optimisation required for it to work properly in arma 3 cos A3 currently has a lot of problems as you all know lol. that is a massive time-suck - be warned.

Yup new you were busy with other stuff EB ;)

Oh man I loved playing this game mode in the first ARMA. I will definitely check out this latest version!

Anyone else looking forward to Sahrani EVO on Arma 3?

Really looking forward to Unsung so thanks for that but I have to say the most fun I've had with BI games so far is Arma1 EVO Sahrani = >

Yes!!! Sahrani in Arma3 is :459: I love it Evolution like in Arma1 I played alot with my buddy, I look forward to the day i can bomb cities again!! lol

for old school evo fans, we're currently playing this:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?181312-CO-OP-22-Evolution-Duala-mods

and this:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?181978-mp-co-op-22-unsung-evolution-vietnam-pack

plenty of bombing going on in there I can assure you... hop in any time.

Cool! only problem is due to my SSD I dont have enough room for both games so only A3 for me;)

Is Evo still planned for ArmA3 or should I just plan on other coops for ArmA3?

Is Evo still planned for ArmA3 or should I just plan on other coops for ArmA3?

evolution for arma 3 would really make arma 3 more interesting i cant wait!!!

evolution for arma 3 would really make arma 3 more interesting i cant wait!!!

Yep had many many hrs of fun in ArmA1 an ArmA2, even more so in ArmA1 as it was the 1st real mission using the entire island b4 the US release came out an added so much fun to the game. B4 gamespy went kaput I still played it from time to time on ArmA1.

Yeah great times!

i played alot of arma 2 arrowhead takistan version of hohei that one was very stable. also more then 500 hrs i bet

AW invade&annex isnt the same thing its not complete freedom and so manny restrictions like only pilots can fly and only AT-soldiers can use AT-weapons thats such bull.

give me evolution any time of the day!!

Oh yeah and dont forget the awsome ranking system that made me feel like i was getting some progress and the rewards that come with the classes its so unueqe compared to other co-up game modes.

what i really dont understand is why there isnt a single version of Evolution for arma 3

Yeah great times!

i played alot of arma 2 arrowhead takistan version of hohei that one was very stable. also more then 500 hrs i bet

AW invade&annex isnt the same thing its not complete freedom and so manny restrictions like only pilots can fly and only AT-soldiers can use AT-weapons thats such bull.

give me evolution any time of the day!!

Oh yeah and dont forget the awsome ranking system that made me feel like i was getting some progress and the rewards that come with the classes its so unueqe compared to other co-up game modes.

what i really dont understand is why there isnt a single version of Evolution for arma 3

Tried editing an earlier Stratis version of Evo that was semi stable an porting it to Altis, needs alot of work an some vital assets are missing an I'm not exactly a wiz in the editor so gave up. Hopefully we hav'nt seen the end of Evo for ArmA. An yeah like s1 in another post put it ArmA3 is missing somthing an I agree an think Evo would stem that. Can only play so much I&A.

Edited by Call_911

All you really need to do Call_911 is know what the names of the objectives are, then highlight everything on the map, then go to your new map, paste, then move the objectives,

and markers around, whats the tedious part is moving things around.

Also dont forget to transfer the files over to the new folder after you saved the mission.

All you really need to do Call_911 is know what the names of the objectives are, then highlight everything on the map, then go to your new map, paste, then move the objectives,

and markers around, whats the tedious part is moving things around.

Also dont forget to transfer the files over to the new folder after you saved the mission.

Thanks, yeah I had gotten to that part the problem I was having is locating the correct marker tied to each town ring an the markers associated with it (I assume those were reinforcments spawn loc's) an than also sorting out town names an what town names to replace in the mission folder(target town list) etc. Also the save loadout does'nt work for me so was trying to get VAS to work but there was another conflict with some code that breaks the VAS script.

yeah it's a good few days work to fix up. Now Unsung is out, I will have some spare time to fire up A3 and fix Evo I hope, on whatever islands there are... any requests?

NOTE: I very likely won't be adding new scripting or functions (revive, etc) as the red queen effect is too much of a load in A3.

However I will fix the loadouts of course, taking some advice from Tankbuster to allow saving of loadouts per rank... that will be a weeks work right there...

yeah it's a good few days work to fix up. Now Unsung is out, I will have some spare time to fire up A3 and fix Evo I hope, on whatever islands there are... any requests?

NOTE: I very likely won't be adding new scripting or functions (revive, etc) as the red queen effect is too much of a load in A3.

However I will fix the loadouts of course, taking some advice from Tankbuster to allow saving of loadouts per rank... that will be a weeks work right there...

Good to hear really looking forward to what u come up with. IMO just the basics to start with the port over to Altis to kick things off maybe than later. have you even tried Unsung with AllinArmA in ArmA3 ? Just curious. Shelved ArmA2 (wont run past world load screen) so put a damper on Unsung for me.