eggbeast

MP COOP GITS EVOLUTION - main thread

I think you are using the old version. They are still working on the new one, it's not been relased yet..

Hope they come up soon with the new version really like evolution!!

Do u have maybe a indication when the new version would be online?

Hope they come up soon with the new version really like evolution!!

Do u have maybe a indication when the new version would be online?

No sorry, I only know that they are working on it

sorry guys - i rushed this mission out in the first weeks of A3 alpha, and then the game just went to crap. well i've been working on the unsung vietnam mod in A2 since. it's due out in April, so i'll come back to A3 around then.

meanwhile here's scorp's fixed stratis version (unsupported at present)

http://www.gitsarma.gamingdeluxe.net/missions/CO_22_GITS_Evolution_2-9a_Scorpiomidget.Stratis.pbo

sorry guys - i rushed this mission out in the first weeks of A3 alpha, and then the game just went to crap.

...and there it is in a nutshell, the state of the arma nation.

While the series has been historically notorious for being in a state of never-ending "beta", I've never seen such an empty shell released before that relies so so heavily on its community to make it into an actual playable game...and even that has been hindered by so many poor design/config decisions by the engine makers. I call them engine makers because clearly "game" developing is not #1 on their list (not sure it ever was).

hey BS i like your style - ad me on steam and come play some a2

I recently tried making Sahrani work with an evo mission in A3 and Sahrani seemed ok but I couldnt get EVO to work on it and most of seemed because the EVO mission was looking for all the sahrani arma stuff and items that didnt exist in arma 3 even with all the AiA and mods I had running.

So my point is:

1. I hope the priority is creating a EVO version for Sahrani in A3 for us nostalgic fans.

2. I wouldnt think it would be that hard to just port over the original sahrani evo missions to A3 by switching out all the lold units, vehicles etc to just vanilla A3 as a baseline.

but I must admit I am not familiar with mission making and I already am spending way to much time just learning how to shoot a film with A3 which is not easy...

Thanks

the way to do it is to take an A3 mission and spread it out into sahrani in the editor. evo has about 200 scripts and making them all work in a3 took me 3 months' work so i wouldnt recommend taking an A2 mission and trying to make it work. it's about a days work (for me) to port any evo mission from one map to another. once im done with unsung (4-5 weeks to go!) i'll release an updated GITS evo in A3 with a full range of maps easily supportable.

hey BS i like your style - ad me on steam and come play some a2

you guys still play A2? :eek: wow, does your invitation extend towards others as well? :o

yeah sure bell me on steam and we can have a chat

once we're done with unsung release, we'll be updating our efforts to A3 once more but with (eventually):

a) a total mod revamp for modern (depending what others have already made of course) warfare - none of the futuristic stuff, but plenty of the innovations developed in A2 - knives, flares, flashlights, 15 types of different grenade, bayonets, aircraft role rearm, true ammo for modern tanks and aircraft, etc.

b) unsung for A3

but meantime we are playing takistan with many of the innovations mentioned, and unsung 2.6 testing for another 6 weeks before release.

Any news the 1yr anniversary has come an gone an April is almost here so is this cancelled?

^^ you would think someone that has been a member of this forum for quite a while would know NOT to ask that question!

i'm still waiting for BIS to fix A3 sorry

we're in the final weeks of unsung - have made 6 new evo's for that

once it's out i'll be playing that and will then review A3 classes and see if they're stable and ifthe code base is stable enough to work on the mission. if it is i'll rustle up some evo's easily enough.

during all this time someone could have gone back to razor or psychobastard's evo blue from A2 and see if they will let you port it.

i would prefer not to have mine ported buy others as i've put in at least half the content personally, and with my team, so i do want to keep it and develop it when i'm ready, as i am currently with unsung.

yeah sorry to be slow with this - it's been a VERY frustrating year.

i've developed so much cool stuff but no-one can see it or play it with me, as it's embargoed until unsung goes beta.

the challenges of working on something as cool as unsung i guess.

Will your work on Unsung get to see light in Arma3 eventually?

i'm hoping it will see the light in A2 sometime this year lol

no matter when it actually gets released, Egg's wonderful work is always worth waiting for...that much i know. I've been waiting a year to play his final version in A3, and now that im back to A3 (due to duws) it's not an easy wait I'll tell ya :-)

no matter when it actually gets released, Egg's wonderful work is always worth waiting for...that much i know. I've been waiting a year to play his final version in A3, and now that im back to A3 (due to duws) it's not an easy wait I'll tell ya :-)

I hear ya Big I been waiting since first announced(think it was 1st week of Alpha) I'm playing it briefly nutten against the game modes out now just not my cup of tea, been playing the EVO's since they came out for ArmA1.

Would like to see the mission ported to Altis, not to fond of the stratis setup, objectives are to small.

has anyone managed to sort out a full classlist for A3 yet?

Would like to see the mission ported to Altis, not to fond of the stratis setup, objectives are to small.

Ditto I'd be content for now with a Altis version of Scorp's edit on Stratis. I've contemplated doin it myself but out of respect for him an Eggbeast I've held back.