eggbeast

MP COOP GITS EVOLUTION - main thread

Is'nt it a matter of adding the target coordinates of specefic cities/town for targets(in the init.sqf I think I've seen b4 in ArmA2 less it's changed for ArmA3) so as to edit an get a working version on Altis? I've done that in the past with a differnt mission on Fallujah Once your done with the Stratis version can i edit it for Altis? Scorpiomidget/Eggbeast. Sry not trying to be a pain or take anything from anybody here just been a long wait since playing this in the Alpha an is the only reason I'm not playin ArmA3 now. Evolution has been my all time fav map since i hosted it on my server for ArmA1 an ArmA2 an IMO it's the one map/mission thats been missing from ArmA3.

Thanx,

Call911-Kirk

Edited by Call_911

I'm sure Egg can answer that, pretty sure he said a few posts back that he was going to port it to Altis when he gets time .

Edited by Scorpiomidget

Yeah I thought he was busy with other projects at the moment. your really the only person who has even really attempted a fix Evo since ArmA3 released an since BIS broke the script commands back during the Alpha that managed all the script errors that broke Evolution an set back the release. So Ty for feeling the void. I'll be happy with Stratis once your done til Eggbeast can finalise a formal release just be nice to utilise Altis also. Course than again maybe it might be good to test a working version on Stratis 1st. Heck I've waited since March i can probably wait awhile longer :bounce3:

i will port it to altis and restart my mission series once ive understood the changes and made the port. fixing the other things is pointless, except for using it on your own server privately.

i've rewritten the mission significantly in arma2 ready to migrate it back into arma3.

with scorps fix for the setvehicleinit i can make some progress on this soon

as scorp said(thanks bud) i would not want anyone to take my current mission and release it on altis as i'm really looking forward to releasing this myself.

wow thanks scorp - i'll pop this on my ftp tomorrow and attach it into the top topic ok - good work man

am still up to my neck with unsung

Fired up a public server running Evo for anyone that wants a look . Details in signature .

Hey Scorpimidgit, is the save kit feature on the ammo crates a server side requirment as i've tried everything I know to get it to save an everytime i do an spawn i spawn with the default loadout. maybe i'lll hop on yours an see if it happends there.

Hey Scorpimidgit, is the save kit feature on the ammo crates a server side requirment as i've tried everything I know to get it to save an everytime i do an spawn i spawn with the default loadout. maybe i'lll hop on yours an see if it happends there.

Don't know, i've never used save loadout when testing locally. I'll try it out this evening and get back to you.

---------- Post added at 08:38 ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 ----------

Spent the last week playing and testing the release.

Have fixed another batch of items including but not limited to:

• Vehicles no long will spawn in water (most noticeable at the airport).
  • Recon HQ can not be deployed unless removed first (bug i introduced somewhere along the line).
  • You spawn much nearer to the HQ's, this now means your much less likely to end up in rocks/sandbags etc.
  • Spawned in enemy infantry patrol better now.

But the biggest thing we have been working on, is sorting out the 'performance' of the mission.

When run self hosted on a LAN you dont really see a problem, but once deployed on a dedicated server it really shows up with very low FPS (1 to 15 depending on machine spec).

Comparing some other missons on the same dedicated server and local clients like Domination etc, we could see there frame rates were 40, 50, 60+ . So there was something very odd going on in the Evo mission.

Following a series of tests yesterday and clearing up excess items on the map in the editor and redundant scripts, we managed to run the mission last night across a broad range of machine specs in the (30-60 fps range).

Was a joy to see Evo running so smoothly .

Gratz on new fixes. Went to hop on your guys server other nite to try the save loadout feature but too laggy for me, so will try again. Yeah it's wierd for me hosting EVO early on had issues on Stratis, even now hostin on my week pc, but if I go into say 7thCav's server running Domi it's almost like nite n day performance wise.

but if I go into say 7thCav's server running Domi it's almost like nite n day performance wise.

Yup, exactly what we noticed too. Good news is the current revision of Evo we have runs as smooth as Domi (its not on the Public server though). PM me on here or in steam (scorpiomidget) and you can come have a go on our other server with us :). A few of us on after 8pm most nights .

Thread has been quiet, but we've been busy testing, tweaking, and fixing.

Thanks to Dirty Haz for doing some testing and feedback. And thanks to Jigsor for working on some new code we can use to stop enemy vehicles, officer and waypoints spawning in water or other objects.

We also highly recommend the ASR mod be run on your server, this improvement to the enemy AI really takes EVO to another level .

Here's an update on progress made.

Alterations

• performance improvements - was running as low as 6fps - now runs 30-60fps on client and 40+ on server - done
  • spawn to far from MHQ/recon HQ - ending up in walls, sandbags etc. - changed from 15m to 4m to reduce this (so long as you don't park right next to something) - done
  • reinforcement loop enhanced (main objective and expansion airbase mission) - done
  • swapped quad-bike and off road around, quad = 2 points, off-road = 5 - done
  • make resistance units friendly to OPFOR - fixes strider/buzzards etc. - done
  • added in 'resistance' side check where 'east' checks were made, scoring, spy etc. - done
  • expansion mission - spetnaz and airbase advanced missions tweaked and now fully working . - done
  • expansion mission - spawn spetnaz = 49 !!! - slowing down client/server - limited vehicle 'cargo' to maximum 3 - done
  • expansion mission - spetnaz script altered so boats and helicopter variations are running - done
  • expansion mission - spetnaz only has marker for group leader - done
  • expansion mission - airbase advanced mission - air comms tower can now only be taken out with C4. - done
  • expansion mission - airbase tower marker only shows up once you get near - done
  • expansion mission - airbase aircraft in hangars only show up once you get near - done
  • support option ammo box has some new items in it - done
  • officer / POW capture scripts tweaked and working - done
  • support - at mines - working - done
  • support - parachutes working on all applicable items. - done
  • support - playSound delays standardised per sound file. - done
  • support - all support options show cost in description, including those with dynamic values. - done
  • support - cluster and large artillery now work - done
  • support - MOAB improved - done
  • support - FOAB added (sits between MOAB and nuke point score) - done
  • stop base ammo boxes taking damage - done
  • added more chopper class names
  • engineer vehicles can now tow - done
  • added engineer vehicles as tow-able - done
  • sorted out list of choppers that can lift - done
  • added more variations of choppers to enemy unarmed/armed lists - done
  • parameters to disable air-force, infantry and mechanized spawns - allows for quicker testing of specific items. - done
  • developer test parameter - spawn at airport (if recon HQ not already deployed) with 1000 points. Quick way to test captures, towers, support options etc. - done

Fixes

• nuke - disabled cruise missile lines where paths error - fixed
  • nuke - fixed misc errors in the nuke scripts - fixed
  • nuke - ordnance tally - fixed
  • nuke - broadcast white flash and effects to all players - fixed
  • nuke - broadcast radiation hint and sound to all players within 1500 of ground-zero - fixed
  • reinforce.sqf: script error, comment out line 165 - fixed
  • can spawn recon HQ even if its deployed - fixed
  • change save kit to save loadout - standardise text - fixed
  • jail counter sometimes doesn't hit 0 which means you are perma banana phoned - fixed
  • 1st spawn of recon HQ causes script error - fixed
  • 1st arty barrage not doing anything (was named wrong, should of been Illumination) - fixed
  • other Artillery Barrage renamed to Smoke Screen - Fixed.
  • Fixed missing KRON code from vehicle.sqf - fixed
  • fixed makehip script "Error Undefined variable in expression: _maxcrew" - fixed
  • fixed "Error Undefined variable in expression: bis_evo_globalsleep" across multiple scripts - think it should of been EGG_EVO_GlobalSleep - fixed

In progress

• vehicles spawn in water
  • officer can spawn in water
  • check weapon clean-up around ammo boxes (at base and called in via air drop)
  • csupport - helicopter flies in to drop the parachute for ammo box, statics etc

To do

• merge Jigsors changes into repository .
  • way-points set in water/buildings etc. - make sure there on open land
  • mash (toilet) at base on far right, bounces up and down occasionally
  • csupport parachute drops, vehicle briefly spawns on floor instead of at parachute (looks odd if u see it)
  • csupport vehicles don't de-spawn ( [_tbox] execVM "scripts\support\dropdelm.sqf"; ) - check this is true
  • AI recruits dead bodies don't clear up - to be confirmed
  • AI recruits dead body weapon holders don't clear up - to be confirmed
  • weapon cleanup around air drop ammo boxes

Edited by Scorpiomidget

Couple more additions:

Alterations

• Base ammo boxes / (re)spawn points - rewritten the code to clear up player dropped weapons - now no longer closes Inventory popup if a player is near - done
  • Ammo box drop via support option - now clears up player weapons dropped on ground within 10m - done

My crew is quite anxious for this mission. Looking forward to release!

sorry guys i know it's a pain, but i'm up to my neck in the debugging / testing stages of the new unsung mod. we've only got a little bit left to do and then i will release my updated evolution which works on both arma 2 and 3, with 20 factions and 20 islands.

i have completely rewritten the mission to work like this so in future i don't need to release more than one misison. the aim is to have a single mission that works on all islands and all games and with all factions and good mods.

Good to hear Egg, i guess you'll not need the latest revision I've got of 2.9.

Seeing as we've got Evo running nice on the server and you'r bringing out a new version, we're stopping development and moving onto a new project developing a new coop for Altis.

Look forward to checking out your new version when it arrives .

yeah makes sense really

thanks for helping out though!

not yet, i will release this in due course.

Hay egg

Not sure if you remember us from A2, but was wondering if there was anything we (SPG) could do to help with the testing of evo? We are also running a dedicated server if that helps.

Monkey

hi Monkey

I forwarded your domi post to TB this morning - he's always up for new players/testers

re Evo, I'm just polishing the 5 nam versions due out around xmas, or early new year.

the new Evo has been developed during this year considerably. We have stealth killing, bayonets, (in A2 - silencers and health kits), jerry-can refuelling, multi-faction choice per island, gas, cockpit role selection, traps, lots of static and kit additions in the field, a no-nightvision option with lots more flare/flashlight options, and aggressive ambient animals and enemy boat patrols, plus i'm also keen on developing a whole load of new elements around specific raids to maintain your comms / air support with enemies taking it down periodically. lots of scope to develop the mission during the coming year.

saying that, we're not testing anything except unsung in A2 right now, and that's a closed group working up the unsung 2.6 patch.

once it's out (thank god!) i'll be straight onto evo for A3 but will need to port over a lot of tricky MP functions we have developed, which may take a little time. i'll bring out a robust stable altis and stratis version first to satisfy users then start in on the dev.

cheers and hope it goes well with TB

Hi all,

I am a (very) long time Evo player/forum reader but a first time poster. First off, thanks eggbeast for giving me many, many hours of entertainment playing GIT's EVO and to Scorpion for having a crack at porting to A3.

I am really looking forward to Gits Evo in Arma 3, and would like to help out where possible. To that end, while I cant promise a whole lot of scripting abilities (still got my L plates on) , but I would be happy to take part in testing where needed, and probably have enough bits and pieces laying around to set up a server here in Sunny Western Australia if that helps.

Thanks

Jutscher