eggbeast

MP COOP GITS EVOLUTION - main thread

The public server hosted by gamingdeluxe seems to still have same problem still. Noticed couple dozen iffrits at marina and whole lot more all over airbase client fps around 3-5.

It's not running the current version of the mission.

It's not running the current version of the mission.

they took away my password :(

i'll nudge wooder.

NOTE to all mission users

DEV just changed and removed "processinitcommands" from functions - this will take me some time to change in my mission.

meanwhile switch to non DEV

looks like this will kill the mission temporarily. watching this thread for some kind of coherent workaround to emerge (the guys in there are way more talented than me)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?153945-Help-on-script-after-removal-of-processInitCommands

Edited by eggbeast

Seems that todays update (5/2/13) has messed up the mission - getting an error message during mission startup which goes by so quick can't read it but the mission runs, just no enemies at the target area - will keep trying to get a screenshot of the error message to post up

Edited by MS_CombatMedic
misspelled word

Seems that todays update (5/2/13) has messed up the mission - getting an error message during mission startup which goes by so quick can't read it but the mission runs, just no enemies at the target area - will keep trying to get a screenshot of the error message to post up

Same issue.

This is most likely errors that have always been there but were not visible. The new stable build turned on -showScriptErrors startup parameter by default now.

This is most likely errors that have always been there but were not visible. The new stable build turned on -showScriptErrors startup parameter by default now.

Mm, perhaps. I ALWAYS run with showscripterrors on and, being a member of GITS have some input into the development of GITS EVO. Some tiny bits of code in 2.9 were written by me.

There were no errors in the code that the client would see until the update that removed a couple of commands. There were some errors on the server side, which a player might see if they were hosting, but no... the code was clean for clients until BI broke it.

Mm, perhaps. I ALWAYS run with showscripterrors on and, being a member of GITS have some input into the development of GITS EVO. Some tiny bits of code in 2.9 were written by me.

There were no errors in the code that the client would see until the update that removed a couple of commands. There were some errors on the server side, which a player might see if they were hosting, but no... the code was clean for clients until BI broke it.

You are correct.

In the coming days, hopefully before the weekend, I'm going to remove and replace all the broken commands and release 2.9.1.

In the coming days, hopefully before the weekend, I'm going to remove and replace all the broken commands and release 2.9.1.

Looking forward to it :bounce3:GL I would'nt even know where to begin to try an sort all this out. Love to edit but still over my head. Keep up the good work.

tanky's offered to help me out - i'm busy building the full mission code suite for beta - the mod management system - "modularising" the scripts for ammo crates, aircraft cockpit loadouts, blufor base, enemy spawn arrays etc and making new functions (bayonet, combat knife, gas grenades, gas masks, HE and AP sniper/MG ammo, refueling and siphoning fuel, etc etc as well as eventually building in tanky's IED detector/disruptor

with the aim of releasing the final core mission for arma2 and 3 including unsung vietnam versions, PRACS, RKSL, GLT, RH weapons, R3F weapons, RHS armour, molatian, afrenian, lingor units, and so on and so forth...

i really don't want to blunt my current creative drive by working on the daily grind of arma3 changes lol... so glad to have other talents in our team...

its very nice to hear! Best wishes

Hey Egg can ya put in a second FARP Veh. Like a lil bird would be great.

there are two - the MHQ (an offroad you can heal at - standing in for an ambulance) and the Recon HQ (a hunter created by the officer class)

little bird mhq is not my cup of tea.

I know I said it would be by the end of last week, but other commitments took priority. Eggbeast and I have a good idea of how we are going to do this, it's just a matter of my finding the time to actually do it. Don't worry, it's the next job. I'll keep you all informed.

i just spent 8 hours rewriting the ammo crate for the new universal mission...

the init now runs to 2,728 lines and the ammo crate runs to 12,040 lines !!

Just in time for beta maybe 8)- Than fresh start..keep up the good work, will monitor thread.

been developing air systems for unsung mod this last week - spinning about in migs and phantoms...

had a lot of fun with those guys

When I play this map no A.I spawn in the hostile town(s). How can I fix?

play something else for a bit - we need to fix the code.