eggbeast

MP COOP GITS EVOLUTION - main thread

Also being able to choose random town order, reverse town order etc. would be great.

100% agree...been hoping to see this for about a year now :-)

it's too difficult for me i'm afraid. just getting the marker and task objective to show JIP players the right zone is something i've tried unsuccessfully to get working for 4 years now. imagine how frustrating the mission would be if the towns were random and the marker was on the wrong one?? lol.

our logic is this: if you get bored of same old... try using vehicles, or not, or just air and 2 guys doing stealth. or do side missions all night, or change the map, or the mission...

Wait I saw in an old thread how to do that. I was modding a dom map for I44 stuff. If I can find it I will post you it.

turn the enemy count down then

---------- Post added at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

no sorry. not my cup of tea

---------- Post added at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

p.s. avoid 2.8 it's well bugged

Do you mind if I modify your Evo then for my server or ???

Haz

enemy count was on very low with respawn off, just a test run, and slowdowns from avg 80fps to 5fps for just a couple of seconds only at a specific space tells me its not ai related, or is the ai script related to the airfield? i don´t think so ^^.

hope bis gets all the physx stuff fixed, it spams rpt to hell when playing missions with custom placed buildings.

no sorry. not my cup of tea

PLEASE don't use the Virtual Ammo Box. I understand the "why" but it is truly not the best ammo box system out there. The as-is menu items with the "save loadout" functions fine. the V. A. B. just isn't going to work until it is optimized to save equipment in the right slots. The only nice thing about it is that it provides a large ammo box with "everything" in it so we can see and try all the additional load items from time to time.

Virtual Ammo Box (VAB) was running on the server I played on the other night (aswell as various other addons) and the respawn loadout bug was happening with it. Apart from the additional items as hcpookie has mensioned another good thing is the save loadout feature which gives a number of profiles or save slots so you can save a loadout for different kits (such as medic, engi, recon, ect) and these save across any servers running the VAB. So its quicker to load a profile from the VAB than to choose your loadout from scratch, But its no good for a rank locked Evo game because you would be able to choose from all kit even though only been ranked Private ect.

Gaz.

keep up the enthusiasm fellas. however don't expect too much deviation from me right now as i'm only interested in perfecting the transition to A3 at the moment. there's still a mile to go. I've culled 13 scripts out of the mission and a lot of clunky duplication that came up in the arma 1-2 transition. randomisation of zones is wholly inadvisable. mods in alpha are also poor advice, as we need to test the mission vanilla for a good month or two before thinking about modding it.

next up:

rewrite the spawn logic and kit loadout system to work with norrins revive.

finish the airbase / raiders yoyo mission.

finish debugging the vehicle markers.

finish debugging R3F.

medic points

officer kill penalty

new POW intel missions

AI behaviour

end disco

import my vehicle cargo script

adapt in my veteran mode (find your weapons and ammo in zones and store them at your base)

bring in my small mods for: knife, gas, refueling with jerrycans, HE MG ammo, trip flares, ranged claymores, etc

Evolution Da da da, now I'm a have that damn song in my head all nite lol:bounce3:

Bug Report:

Using latest 2.7 BETA. On the second main target at Agia Marina, the (random) placement of the officer is bugged out. He is sitting inside a rock about 2m below sea level on the coast, along with two of his armed friends, stopping us from progressing to the next main (Camp Rogaine). Near the red/white communications tower. I'll get the exact grid coordinates soon [028,062].

Possibly just needs to be changed in the random placement scripts?

Edited by VIPER[CWW]

yeah we need to use isflatempty according to tankbuster

going to put that into the mission

meanwhile you should be able to capture him if you stand on top and look down? if not just leave him or satchel him - up to you

shouldn't prevent the progression of mission

Eggbeast, can I use your ver of R3F please as you have updated it to be compatible with A3a...

Haz

meanwhile you should be able to capture him if you stand on top and look down? if not just leave him or satchel him - up to you

shouldn't prevent the progression of mission

We tried for a good hour trying to cap and kill him on sunday night, I used a couple of satchels, some explosive charges, and 48 hydra's trying to take him down. The rock was his impenetrable fortress. :)

Eggbeast, can I use your ver of R3F please as you have updated it to be compatible with A3a...

Haz

yes of course mate no worries

---------- Post added at 06:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

;2368836']We tried for a good hour trying to cap and kill him on sunday night' date=' I used a couple of satchels, some explosive charges, and 48 hydra's trying to take him down. The rock was his impenetrable fortress. :)[/quote']lol did you try parking the recon on him and spawning at it? sometimes gets you into the rock if you need it. worked well on taviana island when he spawned inside an indestructible building

Egg,

I have been able to successfully repro my crash with the vehicles spawned by INIT. I manually placed several IFRIT's in the mission and was able to successfully blow them up with the NLAW. I went to the mission area and hit one of the Evo-spawned vehicles, crash. Every time. No matter if they are IFRIT's or Hunters.

So what is the difference? I'm thinking that they (a) contribute to the scores and (b) they have the scripts attached to them.

I've set it to "1" so I could advance quickly, and popping soldiers all day long I can progress to Colonel with no problems. Seems like the scoring for soldier kills is fine. I'm not sure what else to look into at this point.

I've upgraded to the latest Catalyst video drivers and set all settings to disabled/low. Framerate is awesome like that :) Lining up a row of 10 vehicles and giving them 0 fuel, I can take them all out no problem. Only when in Evo does this happen. Other MP missions don't suffer like this. Not sure how useful this information is but I wanted to share it with you.

want to report that latest dev version makes 2.8 quite enjoyable, many physx bugs are gone, more scripts working and so on, runs like a charm.

and 24 guys are saying the same, got great feedback.

even run a test round with nlaw spam and no crash so far, but we played without respawn.

testing tomorrow with respawn and maybe the dev build fixed this mission :) or do you uploaded fixed 2.8 version without saying something eggbeast?^^

lol did you try parking the recon on him and spawning at it? sometimes gets you into the rock if you need it. worked well on taviana island when he spawned inside an indestructible building

Didn't try this, would of been tricky anyway as the water gets deep around that area.

2.8 is bugged because i'm messingwith the spawnlogic - the timings between running init.sqf, pinit.sqf on the player and spawn.sqf.

In 2.7 we had the occasional numpty (quite a high ratio of players in public servers) who didn't save their first life loadout respawning in their jockeys.

I tweaked the process and added an automatic save loadout, but it was very hit and miss. Working it through it seems that pinit and spawn were running together in parallel when first connecting. there are loadout saves and loads going on and obviously if they happen in the wrong order you save nothing to the database.

so i put in some timing sequence variables. problem is they get interfered with by other players JIP.

so it works fine for ages then some JIP comes in as you respawn and you have original kit on or else get frozen to the ground. This was caused by having a disableuserinput in there. so i moved stuff around a little. anyway the long and the short is that it kind ofworks but it's not satisfactory on account of occasional people JIP with no pinit execution so they don't get their build foxhole or build farp actions etc.

then i was working on the next level of translation to A3 - revive. I rewrote norrins revive for A3 then after a 12 hour coding marathon found he had released his on the same day! only his start point was 2 versions of revive higher than my A2 standard. so he has all this extra stuff in there affecting spawnlogic. i need to integrate with this, BUT his loadout system is not as well developed as aeroson's, and the backpack comes back empty, missing rockets etc (as per first evo versions) so i've asked each of them to look at it if possible. once norrins system is as good as aero's i'll just switch over when revive is enabled in parameters. full integration just doesn't work as norrins code calling aero's fails to deliver and i spent hours debugging to no avail.

problem is norrins spawnlogic circumvents my jail logic and all kinds of mothballed functionality that will come back as the mission develops (refueling, knives, AA defences, HALO backend scripts, etc)

this is why development has stalled at the moment - I'm waiting on more feedback from these two community talents!

the root of the problem is the Arma3 loadout system - it really is VERY poor and i assume that it will be fixed by the developers as alpha progresses.

meanwhile i'm hoping to have working revive in there by the end of the week. then i can start up again looking at other issues.

i'm probably going to have to redesign the spawn logic from the bottom up either way. i'm not hugely happy having two systems working in parallel, and norrins breaks lots of other bits we need to bring in over time. BUT his revive is too good to not have...

oi! you don't say that when we're carrying yo sorry ass back to the mhq

rescue3.jpg

I ate too many burgers, I had diarrhea, I still haven't payed for the cleaning bill :(