eggbeast

MP COOP GITS EVOLUTION - main thread

redownload 2.6 and try it with the skill adjuster - just fixed it cos reconnecting players were resetting the variable lol

let me know what you finish up using

e.g. suicide squad (default accuracy 0.2)

officer adjustment factor 0.12

(net accuracy therefore 0.32)

once we have some definitive feedback we can recalibrate the skill array from easy to hard based on experience.

V2.6, time of day is wrong...default should be 8am but mission actually starts at 2:15pm

on dedi or non dedi?

non dedi, egg...also the towns are not initializing at all...apparently non dedi is currently broken, lol....good news?...the skeleton issue is now gone and you can save/resume to your hearts content :-)

time works running it on my own pc

3am_zps19ea0a03.jpg

and the towns initialise fine on my pc too

towns_zpsa0c30afd.jpg

the skeleton bug is likely an alpha fudge so i'm not expecting to be able to support that I'm afraid mate. if you find a fix let me know and i'll implement it.

Edited by eggbeast

then you must be developing for the latest DEV builds instead of the officially released alpha (default branch updates). Mission is no longer compatible with default alpha.

Nice have been wanting to run this at nitetime, but params would'nt set correctly in 2.4. Still waitin to for pc to get done being worked on than will test again.

2.7 released

as usual, fully compatible with alpha and dev

fixed a typo in the init of 2.6b

added fortification to support menu

added fortification types to engineer FARP, officer foxhole

improved defensibility of spawn base

improved airport buildings layout

default start time 5am

added ability to tow gear in cargo containers (2 placed at airfield)

removed tow ability of offroad

added small objects to R3F for loading in vehicles

increased accuracy of AI

removed 9 faulty markers causing lag at airfield and failures in airbase raid sub-mission

next up:

random POW's will provide intel on tower/officer location (thanks Champy)

Issue with AI manning mortar, having ammo types to chose from often leads them bug out when reloading. Manually getting into the gun and reloading will allow the AI to fire the round but then bugs out on reload. I can't reproduce this with the standard mortar (HE only) in the editor.

This is how they often look when bugged out on the mortar, sometimes they look as they should but still won't fire.

Trying to aim at requested target, never fires.

The AI leaves the gun in this mid reload state. Only manually loading another shell type fixes this.

I'm also finding that when they are able to fire one shell (either the first shell or the shell you manually load) they never hit the target, nor do I even hear the impact in the distance.

Version 2.5.

Edited by Trauma.au

ok thanks - we'll take a look at it. good to have this kind of feedback as we never use AI...

have you tried spawning a mortar as an officer and doing the same thing? his mortar has no extra ammo

ok thanks - we'll take a look at it. good to have this kind of feedback as we never use AI...

have you tried spawning a mortar as an officer and doing the same thing? his mortar has no extra ammo

Didn't even know you could do that.

Another issue we had tonight was that my mates kit would not save, we worked out that it was because he was in my squad, I was leader and there was some AI under my command previously, one I recruited and one he recruited (but fell under my command). Him leaving my squad did not fix it but reconnecting into another slot did fix it. I later reconnected in the slot he had and was able to save kit as expected while not in a squad.

Edited by Trauma.au

sounds like a non dedi problem?

Hi guys,

A friend and I may of found another bug last night, we need to double check that it is repeatable and if we can replicate the conditions because its pretty big / bad so I thought Id share it now anyway, although obviously it isnt somthing that is happening all the time for everybody in any server.

I was running a dedi internet server from my personal pc - the same rig Im gaming on and we was playing version 2.5. The settings or Parameters can be seen in this screenshot here>>

arma3_2013_03_27_19_57_04_110_zpsad0473b9.jpg

Although it wasnt taken from the actual game last night the settings were the same and what I tend to use always whever running a personal lan or closed internet game.

Anyway down to the bug, so basically every time my buddy blew up an Irfit with his rpg he wasnt credited with the kills but I was, holding down P key to show all players Kill / Deaths ect showed him as having 0 vehicle kills and each time he blew one up it gave the infantry kills to me and added to my total vehicles. When ever I blew an Irfit I would be credited as normal.

We was playing as a squad, I was a Medic and squad leader he was a Heli Pilot.

Also later in this game (although I dont think it is relevant to this bug) my game dumped me to desktop and then stopped responding so I couldnt get back in but his game continued playing with no issue even though the server was running from my game and pc?

Scunny aka Gaz in Arma II and III

Edited by ScunnyUK

thanks gaz

the first bug sounds like a group issue - could either be because youre both somehow in the same slot - reconnecting can solve this

the other bug - closing game down is likely a memory leak - loads of em in alpha

2.8 released -

http://www.gitsarma.gamingdeluxe.net/missions/CO_22_GITS_Evolution_v2-8.Stratis.pbo

Features

ADDED Trucker fun! cargo containers can transport fortifications - you can load them into the container and then tow the container to your destination and then unload the fortification

ADDED Norrin's revive script - drag, carry and revive wounded players. Respawn at MHQ or sick-bay

FIXED updated ammo crate to remove all the recent deletions by BIS (DEV)

FIXED vehicle markers script optimised for abandoned vehicles

ADDED enemy base raiders now occupy the site of your radio comms mast just east of the FOB. Kick them out to resume your GPS (U menu) support/recruitment functions

please trial norrin's revive script

it seems to have a problem with loading loadouts etc - have contacted both norrin and aeroson about it after breaking my brain on it all day today

Tested on dedi (run off my PC) with revive on, kit did not save, spawned me with the BIS default load out for me class (medic).

Works fine with revive off, I also noticed that the scroll menu options for foxhole/obstacle/MASH are gone with revive on.

Edited by Trauma.au

thanks gaz

the first bug sounds like a group issue - could either be because youre both somehow in the same slot - reconnecting can solve this

Hi egg,

I have just finished playing on a public server and the same bug is happening for multiple players. There was a slight difference though in that the server host \ owner joined for a while and he blew up an Irfit and was credited with the kill. However, he was not been credited with other players kills like I was the other night, neither was the player who was my squad / group leader. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting but it made no difference.

The server is running version 2.7, I was playing medic again but as mentioned there was a number of others playing with the same issue using various kits. The big difference between the other night and tonight though (other than the versions) is that this server is running a few different addons but my buddy and I were not using any addons the other night.

Server parameters can be seen in this screenshot>>

arma3_2013_04_07_01_52_49_434_zps8bd974fb.jpg

and here is a couple of shots from before and after killing an Irfit, as you can see I wasnt credited for any kills, vehicle or infantry and you can see of all the players that only the one person has one vehicle kill which is the server owner / host.There have been loads of Irfits blown up during this game by most of the players shown yet nobody has the vehicle kills nor is anybody been credited for the infantry kills from inside the vehicles or the ones close by court in the blast.

Before: you can see a live Irfit in my sights and current number of kills>>

before_zps8bb00ba4.jpg

After: you can see the Irfit has been hit, blown up and is now dead and on fire but my number of kills hasnt changed (the player under me has an extra kill but he was just off to my left side shooting infantry so was not credited with my inf kill)>>

afterbig_zps1918a204.jpg

EDIT

I noticed the same scroll menu options missing from time to time tonight, that Trauma is describing above, this server was running v2.7 though so before the additions of v2.8. The kit saving issue was happening aswell but I just thought these were all down to using various different @addons but obviously they were not!

Cheers

Scunny aka Gaz in Arma II and III

Edited by ScunnyUK

^ This seems like business as usual for Arma scoring to me, if the hit did not kill the target on impact then you won't get credit. When ever I hit an Ifrit/Hunter that is on full HP the crew will get out and often be killed by the delayed blast, annoyingly that delayed blast is not caused by you directly so it does not score it for you. As for being in a squad, often the commander of a vehicle will be credited with crew kills, prob similar to that.

we'll wait on this - it worked well at start of alpha, so maybe dev is doing something.

with aircraft we have added an eventhandler so one missile hit sets damage to 1 and gives you the kill

if dev goes the way of lighter RPG hits etc we may add the EH to the land vehicles too potentially.

Egg, any chance you could implement this (very easy to do) for next ver ? It could also be a way round the revive loadout respawn bug...

Haz

Ive used this myself...I'd set up a single box with it and then use it so I could load up quickly at mission start, then I'd use the Evo "save loadout" as usual (instead of using the VAS's "load on respawn"). Seemed to work just fine that way.

On the topic of ammo boxes, it would be nice if there was NLAW's in the (dropped) ammo box for those of us that use Inko and toss them away.

Also being able to choose random town order, reverse town order etc. would be great.

Edited by Trauma.au

when hosted directly you get heavy stuttering on airfield,

i guess its related to building missplacement, as it is still there when already on kamino fireringrange mission, played as officer and drove there by recon hq, when out and running around near the hill with the radiotower slowdowns to 5fps.

turn the enemy count down then

---------- Post added at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

Egg, any chance you could implement this (very easy to do) for next ver ? It could also be a way round the revive loadout respawn bug...

Haz

no sorry. not my cup of tea

---------- Post added at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

p.s. avoid 2.8 it's well bugged