eggbeast

MP COOP GITS EVOLUTION - main thread

no I dont use either one of those....no need to use those...the simplest thing is cpbo.exe - works great for me...this is the first time i am not able to unpack a mission, weird...I never had this trouble with your lingor versions from arma2...are you using a different packer now than from back then?

...anyway...just played thru 1st area and the trigger actually works great! (didnt see an officer to capture though, but no biggy there...perhaps i missed it and accidentally killeld him)

I also tried the lowest setting for the AI skill but the enemy was just too dumb and easy...the best way to do the skill thing is NOT to adjust general skill, but instead only have it adjust the AI shooting accuracy. This way you can leave the skill up at around.5 or higher but then the accuracy we can adjust in params...make it read in numbers though (percents i.e 10%, 15%, etc) instead of those funny phrases which are meaningless.

Ill try it again later on the next highest skill since this was too easy, hehe.

Anyway...everything seems really nice so far...truly good job you're doing!!

OH!...almost forgot to ask...do the town orders randomly change each time i restart it?...I know you werent able to manage this in arma2 but was curious to see if itll be possible for you now in arma3.

Thanks again, Egg....cant imagine how cool itll be on Altis :-)

ok, so I installed eliteness so that I could unpack and take a look.

..im still looking over some of this but right off the bat i noticed a few typos in the decription.ext and the egg_evo_skill.sqf (at least I THINK so).

in the skills.sqf I think you forgot to add an if/then statement for skillfactor==2 (or am i mistaken?)...also im not certain but i get the feeling that you want a chosen skillfactor==0 to be a random case, correct?...if so, then i think you made a mistake there as well...im no coder but it just doesnt look right to me...please have a look if you like.

...also in the decription.ext you got the colonel ranking points values and texts all messed up :-)

OH!...almost forgot to ask...do the town orders randomly change each time i restart it?...I know you werent able to manage this in arma2 but was curious to see if itll be possible for you now in arma3.

Wasn't Domination random? If so, I think it's possible to grab that part of the code if the "owners" don't mind, isn't it?...

It would be nice to be random, so you never know what to expect next...

Great job so far! Thank you!!!

you could choose the order from one of 3 options or have a random order

ok, so I installed eliteness so that I could unpack and take a look.

..im still looking over some of this but right off the bat i noticed a few typos in the decription.ext and the egg_evo_skill.sqf (at least I THINK so).

in the skills.sqf I think you forgot to add an if/then statement for skillfactor==2 (or am i mistaken?)...also im not certain but i get the feeling that you want a chosen skillfactor==0 to be a random case, correct?...if so, then i think you made a mistake there as well...im no coder but it just doesnt look right to me...please have a look if you like.

...also in the decription.ext you got the colonel ranking points values and texts all messed up :-)

description.ext is fine.

colonel rank points are fine

there's a reason there's no if/then for skillfactor 2 - it's the default

the random factor works fine

thanks for the feedback, but i can't really use it.

you could choose the order from one of 3 options or have a random order

once the mission port is complete - it may be possible. I've never bothered with it in A2 as we jus tchange the island when we've had enough. in A2 it would have meant a total rewrite of the mission, but during this port i've tried to standardise a lot of the code so it may be more possible now.

psychobastard had a go at it - his version in A2 is closer than you'll ever get looking at domination. dom is written in martian.

are you using a different packer now than from back then?

as described above

...anyway...just played thru 1st area and the trigger actually works great! (didnt see an officer to capture though, but no biggy there...perhaps i missed it and accidentally killeld him)

the officer spawns ok unless he drowns occasionally in the north bay

the trigger works fine anyway, always has

it's just a slight bug with the update process for new JIP. i made a workaround - if you join and the marker is wrong, find someone who has the right marker visible and ask them to press 0-0-2. one day i'll work out how the JIP logic works in arma. tips welcome.

I also tried the lowest setting for the AI skill but the enemy was just too dumb and easy...the best way to do the skill thing is NOT to adjust general skill, but instead only have it adjust the AI shooting accuracy. This way you can leave the skill up at around.5 or higher but then the accuracy we can adjust in params...make it read in numbers though (percents i.e 10%, 15%, etc) instead of those funny phrases which are meaningless.

i disagree, and we like my titles. they mean a lot to us and are quite entertaining.

what i most need from players is feedback on each level - e.g. 5 of us played it for 3 hours on weekend warrior and it was too hard, or 2 of us played it on fobbit and it was ok...

for the record, 10 of us played on fobbit last night and it was still hard/challenging - this means i need to reduce the accuracy below 0.03 - that is wholly unexpected.

the base skill only goes to 0.4 for the really low level, otherwise it is 0.5 to 0.9 so the point you made about skill is unnecessary.

Ill try it again later on the next highest skill since this was too easy, hehe.
thanks for the feedback - what enemy presence/ reinforcement time did you play with? was it unlocked rank? Edited by eggbeast

We had the AI skill on the middle value, and they where spot on IMO. Not too hard for us but not super eyes as well. We also got on to the second town as well yey! Defo FPS issues on there though (Mappers)

Anyways, Theres still an issue with the guns, narrowed it down to a specific gun, will post video later.

Cheers

Joe.

nice work done on 2.3 with all the nice params!

best rounds ever so far, with suicide ai and no respawn with my main squad, fighting them bit by bit down, and even public with weekend warriors and respawn 10min went quite well tonight with no more complains about aimbot ai.

keep it up this way :)

bugreport: vest don´t save loadout, not on ammo box, not flag and not recon hq. so you spawn with vest but without the gear in it.

Edited by xXxatrush1987

Possible bug report:

- No mods

- Shooting the GMG trucks (not the hunters the other one)

- Shooting with EITHER the NLAW or the RPG

- My player is wounded with the "wounded overlay" on the screen

- Happened on 0.52, also on 0.53

- Other MP players are present

- Game crashes the instant the missile hits the truck. I have successfully blown up trucks on other MP maps.

Possible this is to do with the scoring?

Here is the relevant part of the RPT:

=======================================================

-snip-

Mods: A3

Distribution: 0

Version 0.52.103507

Fault time: 2013/03/27 14:04:48

Fault address: 6A2B705C 01:000D605C G:\Arma3\steamapps\common\Arma 3\PhysX3_x86.dll

file: CO_22_GITS_Evolution_v2-3 (__cur_mp)

world: Stratis

Prev. code bytes: CB 83 E0 01 89 5D E4 89 45 C4 0F 85 ED 00 00 00

Fault code bytes: 8B 43 04 8B 55 D4 8B 04 82 3B 45 D0 0F 82 DB 00

Registers:

EAX:00000000 EBX:82F680D0

ECX:26B2700A EDX:4D644080

ESI:4D64E078 EDI:38F78038

CS:EIP:0023:6A2B705C

SS:ESP:002B:2A6FFEA4 EBP:2A6FFF38

DS:002B ES:002B FS:0053 GS:002B

Flags:00010246

=======================================================

---------- Post added at 14:12 ---------- Previous post was at 14:10 ----------

Another bug report:

- The HMG version of the non-Hunter truck seems to be unable to shoot outside of the vehicle bounding box. As if it is shooting an invisible wall. This is usually due to missing memory points but possible this may be related to Evo?

thanks hcp, nice to hear from you!

yeah we have that bug too - thought it was rocket related but having set up a mission with 20 mags in the choppers and 200 ifrits, cannot repro the error in editor. Also Flipped managed to crash client of him + 2 others when he machine gunned the ifrit to death. we now think it's the ifrit explosion in MP that causes the client crash. could it be that i am populating the ifrits with a cargo squad and putting an eventhandler "killed" on them and other missions do not? jury's out. not sure what to do about it.

---------- Post added at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

bugreport: vest don´t save loadout, not on ammo box, not flag and not recon hq. so you spawn with vest but without the gear in it.

what soldier class are you? what rank? server eqpt locked or unlocked? what vest? where from (dead enemy or from ammo crate or another player)

---------- Post added at 06:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 PM ----------

Anyways, Theres still an issue with the guns, narrowed it down to a specific gun, will post video later.

which gun? is it not coming back when you reload kit? if so I'll just have to take it out of the ammo box.

can you id the exact model?

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

The HMG version of the non-Hunter truck seems to be unable to shoot outside of the vehicle bounding box. As if it is shooting an invisible wall. This is usually due to missing memory points but possible this may be related to Evo?

not seen this before... so is this in a captured ifrit? must be general issue. does it happen in the editor? they certainly shoot us enough!

Glad to see you too!

At least the failure isn't us LOL

Just confirmed the "wounded" setting doesn't matter... just did it with 100 health and it still crashed. We are locking the vehicle, so the diamond+square icon is present. Also, we are always looking through the scope reticle. Haven't tried it yet w/o the retricle.

I thought this one was a hunter, however. Need to do some more testing! :)

The physx dll crash is an engine problem. It occurs on all missions. Nothing to do with the mission. :)

By the way - what explosive do you use to blow the radio towers? Used to be satchels but they don't do antyhing to the tower... at least, we don't get any notification that the tower is destroyed?

---------- Post added at 15:36 ---------- Previous post was at 15:19 ----------

Update - any explosive used on the irfit vehicles cause the crash. Just blew one up with an explosive charge and crash! :)

The save Kit / Load out issue occurred again for me last night playing on Gaming Deluxe MP server.

Chose kit and saved at crates and then spawn flag. First few deaths and respawns were ok and I respawned with the kit previously saved at least 4 or 5 times. Server was Rank Locked, I was playing Medic Class and Ranked Private using the MX rifle with Holo site, Pilot overalls, plus other basic load out for rank locked game.

The bug happened after looting kit from a dead body. I picked up the MXM Sniper rifle, 7.62 ammo, RCO site, bigger Vest, Bino's, compass and then went to the Recon MHQ to save the loadout.

When I was next killed I respawned with just the pistol and mixture of different ammo types, also wearing different uniform ( yes this could be the default spy class loadout but I have never played it so not sure - need to test further).

One possibility is this bug may be happening when we use loadout / weapons higher than our current rank, regardless of whever the game is rank locked or not. i.e. it sees my rank is private but I am using a weapon that shouldnt be available to me until i reach the rank of sergeant..??

Also Joes theory that it may be linked to a specific weapon, well Im not entirely 100% sure (again need to test further) but I think I may of been using the MXM sniper rifle every time this has occurred.

ScunnyUK aka Gaz in Arma II and III

demo charge - check bottom right of map for objectives!

i always play commander, recon hq ftw, but also all clients reportet this issue over the day. all playing different classes with different vests.

may related to latest dev build, but work keeps me away from testing non dev soon(ok can´t even play arma3 next days)

setting up dedi non dev and wait for what the guys are saying.

for some reason my dedi later the day don´t want to read the profiles file, so on pussy whatsoever difficulty, one shot aimbot ai ^^ can´t get a foot in second town.

may you pm me dedi shortcut params and your xx.cfg and armaprofile files? double, triple and quad checked everything so i need some help from outside, as evo is the only mission with ai strenght profile setting ignoring behavior.

no i just checked and i can depbo it - do you use eliteness 2.52 and depbo 1.62 in the same folder?

http://www.ofpec.com/addons_depot/index.php?action=list&game=OFPArmA&cat=to&type=mi

https://dev-heaven.net/projects/mikero-pbodll/files

So first off, why is this the first mission in my ofp/arma career I have encountered that is incompatible with cpbo? Second, there is no version 1.62 depbo.dll listed on that link? Third, is the eliteness 2.52 in your first link better than eliteness 2.95 on the second link and why can't I use cpbo? No seriously why doesn't this work with cpbo? It throws an unknown block in header issue and aborts.

Also Joes theory that it may be linked to a specific weapon, well Im not entirely 100% sure (again need to test further) but I think I may of been using the MXM sniper rifle every time this has occurred.

Every time I've had it happen on our server its when the MXM sniper rifle has been equiped.

Played without using the MXM all day yesterday and last night and never had a problem with respawning.

I'll check with the other guys and see if they also get it when using the MXM. We'll also do some tests with MXMs and without.

I'm not sure it is just the MXM at this point as I've noticed that it seems to happen when the server(or client) gets a little laggy and also I think i've seen the zombies spawning at the same time.

We will keep a specific eye out for what happens when we respawn and report back .

In addition to the high level of accuracy of the AIs, can you add this code to your mod, it would make things more fun and realistic...

Link: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19467

Thank you!!!

this looks interesting thanks. However I'm not planning on modding the mission yet until alpha develops. need to keep things simple to be able to report real issues to BIS.

just look at the reports about AI accuracy. who knows what's happening there? and ifrits blowing up causing client crashes... need to bottom out the engine bugs before we start modding - otherwise life could become real confusing.

---------- Post added at 08:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 AM ----------

Every time I've had it happen on our server its when the MXM sniper rifle has been equiped.

Played without using the MXM all day yesterday and last night and never had a problem with respawning.

I'll check with the other guys and see if they also get it when using the MXM. We'll also do some tests with MXMs and without.

it may be something to do with aerosons loadout code. it's great but he helped me put in a fix to try to sort out the (generic arma3) grenade muzzle problem. the sleep we put in the spawn trigger may be part of this.

also some of the rifles are not really supposed to be available - I may have inadvertently included a rifle that is "no entry config bins weapons blah" and so maybe it fails to get replaced on your soldier...

it may also be something to do with MP cargo compatibiltiy (generic A3 problem) - taking stuff off bodies is very hit and miss and seemingly random stuff happens when you risk it.

for the record it's NOT a rank thing. rank only affects what appears in the base crates, which vehicles you get ejected from and what missions/support/AI appear in the U menu lists.

Note to community posters:

My team is working hard to provide this mission for Arma3 and lots of folks are now enjoying it - even with it's flaws

Many of the guys in this thread are behaving really well with their feedback and you can see we are doing our best to respond positively and quickly.

Please endeavour to keep your comments/requests polite, civil and ideally evidenced.

If you experience a bug please try to provide appropriate info including:

- what kind of server environment you were in (LAN, dedi, own PC)

- version of mission

- what class you were playing

- approx number of players

- approx stage of mission

- what you were doing at the time

- what weapon you had equipped

- what assignment you were on/ support you called in etc

Any suggestions about improving code - please provide the replacement code suggestions or links to an enlightening thread if you can.

Making demands, overly negative criticisms, or flawed commentaries on how bad my code is (I'm an amateur!) will be politely ignored.

Edited by eggbeast

it may be something to do with aerosons loadout code. it's great but he helped me put in a fix to try to sort out the (generic arma3) grenade muzzle problem. the sleep we put in the spawn trigger may be part of this.

Interesting you mention the sleep fix *might* be something to do with it.

We have observed that when the respawn/auto equip goes wrong there does seem to be some pausing/lag going on. Sometimes when its gone wrong if you respawn in and just stand there your equipment will eventually show up (20-60seconds later).

It does seem to get gradually worse though, eventually with nothing showing up in the inventory. In fact this morning i logged on to the server to find I had nothing in my inventory at all, just running around in my underwear.

This is all on a Dedicated server, we havn't run a client hosted session recently so can't say if it happens in that scenario. Latest version where its being happening is V2.3.

From our point of view the biggest bug at the moment is the respawn and loss of equipment, it just kills the flow of gameplay and we've also noted that once it starts happening you can end up not even being able to requip they gear you had (its all missing from the crateS) .

The client crash on explosion although annoying isn't causing a problem anymore. We stopped using Grenades a couple of version back and havn't had a crash since . Can't def. say its directly related to grenades, but were happy we dont crash out now :)

this looks interesting thanks. However I'm not planning on modding the mission yet until alpha develops. need to keep things simple to be able to report real issues to BIS.

just look at the reports about AI accuracy. who knows what's happening there? and ifrits blowing up causing client crashes... need to bottom out the engine bugs before we start modding - otherwise life could become real confusing.

I noticed the issues about accuracy, so I assume it's not the mission, but A3 is not tweaked yet. Maybe the mission makes it harder, due to the challenge it naturally is.

Yesterday I opened a server (2.3, LAN, on my computer) and I used the easiest parameter (can't remember the name right now) for AI accuracy, and it was way too easy, they seemed to be aiming at the sky, it was funny actually, because I could get right in front of them and they shot up, though the vehicles (or artillery) had a good aim at this point, because they managed to get me stuck behind a big rock until they decided to stop shooting for a while...

Anyway, I believe as soon as BIS solves this issue we will be alright with the parameters related to it.

Great job so far, and btw the fps increased a little. I could noticed because the flight was smoother (I not always have the FPS counter on).

Thank you!

Anyway, I believe as soon as BIS solves this issue we will be alright with the parameters related to it.

thanks rick

yeah i think this too hence not getting too excited about it

great feedback ta!

Egg,

We ran a few tests yesterday afternoon and confirmed that the issue is limited to the GITS mission. We happlily destroyed the same vehicles in a non-GITS MP mission repeatedly. So this implies the issue is not with the vehicle's explosion graphics. Should be fairly easy to repro via the MP mission editor...

Also, we observed the AI does not shoot accurately when using the default setting. We set it up to the boot necks and started getting shot more frequently. However on default - forget the name... must be a Brit thing :) - you can stand in front of 3-4 AI and they shoot all around you but don't actually shoot YOU. First observed this when trying to repro the vehicle explosion crash issue, when we suspected the trick was "wounded shooting AT missiles". WELL... stand up, arm the NLAW or RPG, and let the AI shoot you some while targeting the vehicles... and wait... and wait... and wait for them to wound you. Walked up to the patrol group and stood in the middle. FINALLY started getting shot. We are talking 2-3 meters away and they are shooting all around you.

Just wanted to share the update.

- what kind of server environment you were in (LAN, dedi, own PC): Hosted MP mission on own PC

- version of mission: latest from yesterday - 2.3

- what class you were playing - Team Leader + Medic (forget #3 class)

- approx number of players - 2,3

- approx stage of mission - first mission (on the airfield)

- what you were doing at the time - shooting AT missile at vehicles

- what weapon you had equipped - NLAW, RPG

- what assignment you were on/ support you called in etc - main "destroy the tower" mission, no side missions.

ALSO - I should have stated for the record - the AI are deadly accurate on non-GITS MP missions. Both vehicles and troops. It seems whatever is making them miss you is limited to the GITS MP mission. Hope this helps!

good feedback mate

Interestingly some people feeding back are saying our AI are too hard on the lowest setting. makes me wonder wtf is happening with AI accuracy in the engine...

our experience in locked and unlocked mp dedis (gamingdeluxe and our clan one) is that enemies are about right. probably the marksmen are sniping your eye out, but generally los of pinging rounds around you and cool extended firefights (on weekend warrior). i think the masterskill is getting microupdated... confusing the issue somewhat

interesting feedback on the ifrit. it definitely happens also if you MG them to explode.

I wonder if its either:

a) cos we load them up with troops or

b) cos they have eventhandlers on them to manage deletion/ respawn

c) something else?

Is AI intelligence affected by server FPS?