eggbeast

MP COOP GITS EVOLUTION - main thread

Also just noticied a bug, not sure if its with the map or the game but when we blow up one vehical all players in the server crash out - server statys running.

I've been playing on LAN (no other players) just to try out the new v2 but when I go to the airbase and hit a vehicle my ArmA 3 crashes (using little bird HE rounds). Not sure if this is related or not.

EDIT: NM, reported more than one time it appears. I wonder if this happens with the Dev Release?

Edited by Odie3

Hi Egg,

Bad news for you look like theres is a major bug in the weponds/loadout the issue is you randomlly die (No one kills you) and then you spawn with no kit. Also you get mutiple "save kit" appearing at the boxes (As in 2 in the menu) and also the "save Loadout"

Cheers

Joe.

Edited by Joe1989

So I was going to update the Ifrits class for the Dev version in your pbo but I cannot get PboView to open it. I assume you have locked it, cause I can open wasteland. Just wondering really, I understand if you do not want peeps messing with your mission.

2.1 - updated to DEV build

http://www.gitsarma.gamingdeluxe.net/missions/CO_22_GITS_Evolution_v2-1.Stratis.pbo

ADDED

silenced Rook

MG silencer

civ caps

Blufor helipilot coveralls

ADDED

assignment rescue pilot (from corporal rank)

assignment rendition

assignment land patrol available at corporal rank

FIXED killcam and base raiders defaulted OFF

FIXED removed ability to spawn obstacles while in vehicles

ADDED group will score points if non-officer POW's are transported back to POW camp

ADDED all the artillery types to support menu (warning explosions on vehicles may cause client or server crashes - please feed back)

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

So I was going to update the Ifrits class for the Dev version in your pbo but I cannot get PboView to open it. I assume you have locked it, cause I can open wasteland. Just wondering really, I understand if you do not want peeps messing with your mission.
I didn't lock it. but i would prefer people not to mess with it at this stage as i'm still working on a lot of disabled stuff right now. nearly at a stage when it can be said to be stable.

i guess with the dev update today you'll be ok.

if people want to modify the mission they are really welcome, but you might want to wait until i've finished the full port.

nearly there.

meanwhile if you can offer up any fixes.... full credit for that!

cheers

egg

nice a Dev build (might want to put Dev in the filename itself)

Hi Egg,

Bad news for you look like theres is a major bug in the weponds/loadout the issue is you randomlly die (No one kills you) and then you spawn with no kit. Also you get mutiple "save kit" appearing at the boxes (As in 2 in the menu) and also the "save Loadout"

Cheers

Joe.

save your kit before you die first time

save your kit before you die first time

Hi Egg,

We have been saving out kit, however on occasion just die (While standing at spawn with no enemey) and then respawn with just a pistol!). It was very odd.

Cheers

Joe

playing 2.1 on server, most of us barely get more then a 1-1 kd rate, ai snipes like hell.

on airfield getting around a corner seeing an ai in safe mode, right klick for optics and boom im death. ai was around 150m away.

own ai just can´t hit a barn as they were using the settings of the profile properly.

fleeing captured enemy soldiers disappear if teammate get to near to them, then spawn 1-2min later at the same position again, but without being capturable again.

good things about it is that it runs quite good, worst server fps around 45.

Hi Egg,

We have been saving out kit, however on occasion just die (While standing at spawn with no enemey) and then respawn with just a pistol!). It was very odd.

Cheers

Joe

were there wrecks exploding or on fire near to your spawn point?

if they killed you mid gear save that would do it

i'm hoping that BIS will turn down the secondary explosion damage idc. if not i'll build a safer spawn environment (the camp is temporary anyway - planning to do much better one when the tools are available)

---------- Post added at 08:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 AM ----------

playing 2.1 on server, most of us barely get more then a 1-1 kd rate, ai snipes like hell.

on airfield getting around a corner seeing an ai in safe mode, right klick for optics and boom im death. ai was around 150m away.

own ai just can´t hit a barn as they were using the settings of the profile properly.

fleeing captured enemy soldiers disappear if teammate get to near to them, then spawn 1-2min later at the same position again, but without being capturable again.

good things about it is that it runs quite good, worst server fps around 45.

thanks man - sorry to quiz you guys about your experience - it's the first thing to check out before we go deeper.

sounds like your AI are not responding to skill modifiers in the mission. can i come in your server and see it?

do you have anything else running?

as i say i've been visiting public servers to assess response and the majority say we seem to have got a good enough AI balance for now.

add me on steam and let me know where this is happening so i can see it/ talk to the admin about profiles.

I'll also grab our profile and post it up as a suggestion in the first post.

---------- Post added at 09:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 AM ----------

coming in 2.2

- Dev and non Dev version

- fixed arithmetic for enemy count (apologies I had reversed it so if you turned down the enemy count you got more of them!)

- more side missions

- AI skill tweaker parameter

- fixed spawning obstacles outside vehicles

Edited by eggbeast

Yup my client dl'd full game update 0.52http://alpha.arma3.com/spotrep-0001 changelog shows ifrits renamed thinking(but not 100% sure) that might be why Evo 2.0(on server) does'nt run(pbo) compatability like when missions wont run on servers due to compatability issues between server an mission files.

Egg - just some quick feedback and a question:

First the question - has the area capture trigger been fixed since Arma2? (I can recall many times it was very difficult to get an area to trigger as captured even though you killed most everything you could find...this was in the Lingor version btw)

Feedback - if at all possible wold be great to see a couple added Params:

1. AI accuracy (separate param for friendly and enemy)

2. For the timer to enemy reinforcements could you please offer more variables? i.e. 30 minutes and also a disabled option for no reinforcements?

Thank you!

i would support BigShots idea,

it would be far more customizable and on low ai settings you could even use it as sandbox, recruit mission without scaring the shit out of newbies.

mfg

Hi, the save kit function problem which Joe has described seems to be the same problem I described happening on single player LAN with ver:2.0 and last night whilst testing the Dev 2.1 version in LAN game it was still happening.

No explosions or burning vehicles or wrecks in or around the spawn area, it seems to save your kit ok making the short hissing type sound when saving at the crates or spawn flag but once you are killed and respawn you are given some random assortment of ammo and a pistol. Re- choose your kit at the crates and save it again, go off and eventually get killed, respawn with the pistol loadout again!

Yesterday throughout the afternoon / evening I played on various different multiplayer servers running version:2.0 (any servers open for public) and what is strange is that different servers all had different things (bugs) going on with them with regard to the kit load out and saving function aswell as with how good the AI's aim was.

One server had issues letting you swap items, randomly would'nt let you drop things or pick up things from the crates, then the next server would be working and saving kit perfectly.

It was the same with the AI too. Go on one server where the AI are working as they're supposed to be, the aim is good but not so good that it gets you frustrated. But then move onto another server and constantly get aimbotted in the most impossible and unbelievable manner.

I know Im not been very helpful or pacific here, but it just seems very random in nature.

ScunnyUK aka Gaz in Arma II and III

Edited by ScunnyUK

Egg, where and what script handles the vehicle markers ?

picking up your excellent ideas: the AI skill will be put on a parameter. however until we have calibrated it, i cannot determine the best ranges to use.

crate/gear access etc see my earlier "tutorial and examples" about locality. A3 currently handles MP locality really badly. i'm sure that will improve.

the mission now works in both DEV and non DEV -

I had built a new script using

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/productVersion

and

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/activateAddons

but just when i was testing it today the new alpha patch came out, making all missions now require ifrits not galkins. thank god for that.

issue with the alpha patch: throw 10 grenades and see if your server crashes. it's about 50:50. so we either

a) take all grenades off in the mission, or

b) wait for BIS to fix in micro update (yes please) and run in DEV for the time being

go DEV today!

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

Egg, where and what script handles the vehicle markers ?

I developed an old marker script and built it into Tophe's vehicle script (to minimise traffic) - scripts\vehicle.sqf

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

Egg - just some quick feedback and a question:

First the question - has the area capture trigger been fixed since Arma2? (I can recall many times it was very difficult to get an area to trigger as captured even though you killed most everything you could find...this was in the Lingor version btw)

Feedback - if at all possible wold be great to see a couple added Params:

1. AI accuracy (separate param for friendly and enemy)

2. For the timer to enemy reinforcements could you please offer more variables? i.e. 30 minutes and also a disabled option for no reinforcements?

Thank you!

area capture trigger - was always ok, but some AI were just good at hiding (like on a mortar in the backyard of a building, or in a vehicle helpfully spawned inside a building, or else running around on your six at the same pace as you but 600m away... works better at the moment because the mortars take care of themselves after a few rounds are fired

AI accuracy parameter - on the list

reinfdelay - on the list

i can't see how a 30 min reinfdelay would work - most towns fall within 10-20 mins with 8+ players or within half an hour to 6 hours with 2-3 players and settings on hard. if the reinfdelay was 30 mins, this would change the experience to

10 players - 10 mins to take town

3 players - 20 mins to take town

i can put it in there, but i may make some more usable params like 2,4,6,10,14,20.

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

I've been playing on LAN (no other players) just to try out the new v2 but when I go to the airbase and hit a vehicle my ArmA 3 crashes (using little bird HE rounds). Not sure if this is related or not.

EDIT: NM, reported more than one time it appears. I wonder if this happens with the Dev Release?

yes it does, and the new patch too

not our mission's fault, it's the game

try to minimise firing of rockets at vehicles...

which tends to happen a lot in evo right? this is why i think we're seeing it more than anyone. still it's not as bad as the new alpha patch grenade explosion crash... surely everyone is going to suffer that, and it takes down the server not just the client.

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

respawn you are given some random assortment of ammo and a pistol.

did you take the spy class - the lite soldier under the heli pilot, as he has this kit when playing undercover.

if you do NOT SAVE your loadout at the crates, and he has this kit active i can see how you might possibly spawn with it, but otherwise you'd have spawned with nothing, so at least you have a silenced pistol! just tool up at the crates again and save it.

---------- Post added at 07:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

Any chance of an OPFOR variant?
yeah when there's more kit to use. at the moment i'm focusing on getting the main mission working properly. opfor and other islands/mods will be logical followups.

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

playing since ofp days, played arma 1 warfare with super ai on and even arma 2 with super ai on with no really issues.

gits evo on arma 2/oa were quite hard so no super ai in this mission but still managable in small groups.

using dedicated server cfg trough -profiles flag.

copied the one from how to thread here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147537-Tutorial-How-to-run-ArmA3-server-on-a-dedicated-server

thanks for feeding back - tough to judge what is happening with AI - is the profile making a difference, is my script putting too many randomised enemies in with skill level 5 (see my link in first post under difficulty WIP)

are you using this setting in your profile?

skillEnemy=0.6;

precisionEnemy=0.28;

if so, this is way more than i am using - see my link in first thread about our suggested profile settings. under "1. make a custom profile"

precisionenemy >0.15 is suicide

in early alpha this setting made no difference in the profile so we went the route of putting it into the mission. it worked fine, then some tweaks from BIS and it seems harder (but not aimbot)

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

coming in 2.3

- parameter new: AI skill

- parameter new: vehicle respawn time

- parameter change: reinforcement time

- defence, extermination, assassination, air patro land air assault side missions

my current bug list:

ammo crate final (remove error items recently added)

R3F logistics fails soon after startup

widen base raiders to boat/heli variants

delete zombies at spawn

fix transport of POW's so more than 1 can be put in a vehicle together

add wetsuits and rebreathers to boats cargo

add diver class to recruitment option

fix spy handgun draw animation time

update 1st JIP town marker/autosave loadout - make better

rebuild base to avoid spawn death better

MHQ 12 death bug

development list

create a blufor radar array that enables support menu - if opfor raiders occupy it then you lose support options

create an opfor radar array that enables opfor planes/ raiders - if blufor raiders take it down then they slow down heli/raider respawns

better ICBM

more opfor AT infantry (when the alpha missile bug is fixed)

making statics - based on class (ladders, AA nests etc) - once items available

enemy minefields/divers

disco at pow camp at end

port over my random vehicle cargo script

LHD

last stand of enemies in town

revive

little mod for:

refueling with fuel cans

commando knife

gas

wirecutters

trip flares

sharks

sounds very very good, Egg.

...About the reinforce timer...my group and I used to play sometimes using 45 minutes, lol!(this was my way of disabling the reinforcements at the time)..because most of the time there was only 4 of us and we'd like taking our time getting around between eatin dinner, taking trash out, BS'ing half the time and the like...then 1 or 2 might drop out for a half hour leaving only 2 of us to cap the areas for awhile, etc. it's for reasons like this (and also wanting to be able to finish the mission within a few hours) that a 30 minute timer and also a "disable" option would help smaller groups of players out so we can get further into the mission itself instead of always stopping after the 3rd town :-)

I agree about the accuracy no higher than .15 for now...and also a .10 option is good...aimspeed might be good at around .3....as far as accuracy though...think ahead...because if BIS keeps patching and changing it may be best for you to make a wide range available in params and just set it's default on what you think is best for the average player. This way if things change drastically due to patches all we need is to change the default setting in param and you wont have to bother coming up with new ranges all the time.

Lastly, regarding the trigger for taken town/areas...I'm sure you must of had technical reasons for making the trigger set as none present condition, but i always wondered why instead you didnt use the seized by/detected by condition?...perhaps it doesn't work well enough for a mission of this scope...if so, then maybe you could make it trigger with <5 remaining enemy...or something along those lines. This way it wont matter if theres 1 or 2 bots spawned in a building somewhere or lying prone in a ditch at the edge of town.

Thank you for this...looking forward to all the updates very much!

using following config:

skillFriendly=0.30000001;

skillEnemy=0.30000001;

precisionFriendly=0.1;

precisionEnemy=0.1;

tested local with

skillFriendly=1;

skillEnemy=1;

precisionFriendly=0.1;

precisionEnemy=0.1;

very enjoyable, but unplayable as every player will double the badguys and their ifrits, also definetly crash within minutes due to many ifrit explosions.

seems that my server didn´t read the profile.

about reinfdelay, with aimbot ai with 10 guys you will take at least 1-2 hours per town, camp rogain wasnt captured by over 20publics for about 4 hours on 1.8 on my dedi, due to aimbot ai.

i watched them totally happy because of the 45 server fps all the time^^.

so keep up the great work, and think about the masochists and easy gamer while adding parameters ;)

Nice one Egg, played tonight on our server.

Ai seemed way to accurate and aggressive (engaging at silly distances) this may be a DEV build issue however. One major bug we experienced was the Second mission seems to repeat and does not clear correctly. After the tasks are completed it repeats the Agia Marina mission. Did not experience any client or server crashes with grenades as in previous DEV builds, I believe this was fixed on Saturday or Sunday's Branch release.

Only criticism myself and my guys have is the Intro Music where your Gits logo comes in is WAY WAY too loud, perhaps reduce the volume on the .ogg file some to prevent damage to the hearing for those of us that wear headsets. Other than that great mission and cheers for the hard work.

sounds very very good, Egg.

Lastly, regarding the trigger for taken town/areas...I'm sure you must of had technical reasons for making the trigger set as none present condition, but i always wondered why instead you didnt use the seized by/detected by condition?...perhaps it doesn't work well enough for a mission of this scope...if so, then maybe you could make it trigger with <5 remaining enemy...or something along those lines. This way it wont matter if theres 1 or 2 bots spawned in a building somewhere or lying prone in a ditch at the edge of town.

this is already in there

the last 4 soldiers are made into capturable POW's.

are you having problems completing towns?

you do need to sweep the area - commonly you may find vehicles on the edges of the area at present as the physix kills their tyres when reinforcing.

i can maybe change it so it leaves 1 vehicle and 1 car as well to take account of the brdm_atgm inside a building scenario

only downside is it won't delete their group

group count used to be critical in evo. maybe in a3 it will be less of an issue

//testing reinforce - removed from sinit
for [{_loop=0}, {_loop<1}, {_loop=_loop}] do
{
	if (not (alive _radio)) then 
	{
		if ("Man" countType list EGG_EVO_DetectEast <= 4) then
		{
			if ("Tank" countType list EGG_EVO_DetectEast  == 0) then
			{
				if("Car" countType list EGG_EVO_DetectEast == 0) then
				{
					if ("Land" countType list EGG_EVO_DetectWest > 0) then{_loop=1};
				};
			};
		};
	};
	Sleep 4;
};
{_handle = [_x] execVM "scripts\makepow.sqf"} forEach (list EGG_EVO_DetectEast);

---------- Post added at 09:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 AM ----------

Nice one Egg, played tonight on our server.

Only criticism myself and my guys have is the Intro Music where your Gits logo comes in is WAY WAY too loud, perhaps reduce the volume on the .ogg file some to prevent damage to the hearing for those of us that wear headsets. Other than that great mission and cheers for the hard work.

oi agree - i've asked chris (BigPickle) to edit the intro volume

2.3 is out

2-3 update

FIXED ammo crate items (availability modified by BIS in patch, e.g. Red wetsuit/helipilot suit)

ADDED parameter for reinforcement delay

ADDED parameter for AI skill

ADDED 3 parameters for vehicle respawn delay (air, land, abandoned)

FIXED medic ammo box/ marker

ADDED assignments

assignment defence (2 levels - corporal rank and major rank)

assignment exterminate cult (3 levels pvt, cpl and major)

assignment assassinate general

assignment air patrol

assignment air assault

my current bug list:

R3F logistics fails soon after startup

widen base raiders to boat/heli variants

delete zombies at spawn

fix transport of POW's so more than 1 can be put in a vehicle together

add wetsuits and rebreathers to boats cargo

add diver class to recruitment option

fix spy handgun draw animation time

update 1st JIP town marker/autosave loadout - make better

rebuild base to avoid spawn death better

MHQ 12 death bug

development list

protect convoy assignment

create a blufor radar array that enables support menu - if opfor raiders occupy it then you lose support options

create an opfor radar array that enables opfor planes/ raiders - if blufor raiders take it down then they slow down heli/raider respawns

better ICBM

more opfor AT infantry (when the alpha missile bug is fixed)

making statics - based on class (ladders, AA nests etc) - once items available

enemy minefields/divers

disco at pow camp at end

port over my random vehicle cargo script

LHD

last stand of enemies in town

revive

develop little mod for:

refueling with fuel cans

commando knife

gas

wirecutters

trip flares

sharks

Looking forward to a night of 2.3 which we just fired up.

Noted that in the parameters "Time of Day" goes:

03:00

05:00

8:00 <<<

11:00

13:00

etc

Also it looks like setting it to 03:00 doesnt make any difference, we were expecting it to start off as a night mission .

10 of us in there now playing and the ai are on the lowest skill setting - seems fine

have you blocked the pbo?...im not able to unpack the mission for some reason.