eggbeast

MP COOP GITS EVOLUTION - main thread

Game keeps crashing on me like 10-15 mins in dunno if it's the game or the mission causing the crashes. Maybe try re-install is only thing else i know to do. I have played all week qwith only limated crashes but now it is very persistant as stated above.

core mission installed -

for each of 11 target zones

1. destroy radio tower to prevent reinforcements

2. capture enemy officer

3. clear city

4. capture POW's

most parameters working in server parameters

enjoy!

Is the main mission on loop? I mean, if the server remains online until all the 11 zones are cleared/captured, will the server restart or something? I remeber playing domination and the cleared zones were randomly retaken by the enemy. I don't know how it works on Evolution because I never played it before (had A2 Free)...

Thank you very much for your efforts!!! It's a great job!!!

EDIT - Just tried the new version and I can't use the ammo crates, I open the inventory and it closes by itself in 2 seconds...

Game keeps crashing on me like 10-15 mins in dunno if it's the game or the mission causing the crashes.

Same thing here... Crashings are more often now...

Rick

Edited by Rickschaves

Well I believe(not confirmed)had a player suggest that he was playin using a hacked copy an that was causing issues with sig veri. Locked server down With only me an 1 other person playing 1.0 an it nvr happend again. Don't really know how else to confirm but have a feeling the crashes least on my end may not even be involved with Evolution 1.0

mission has definetly a bug, getting freezes, crashes everytime someone or myself messing around with gear, was also a bug in 0.5 version, but just caused an messege. not a freeze like in 1.0.

always happens in within 10 min.

yeah we're thinking the crash is unrelated to our mission code - we had a chance to play last night with 6 of us on locked server all with original alpha on:

with enemy set to low it played fine

we all downloaded the mission directly from my link before connecting to reduce problems

saw mutiple crashes after engaging a full ifrit with NLAW

crashed when calling the invehicle "crew" action - is MP data transfer at fault - v likely

arma3 bugs (not our fault):

some people with newer builds will have the galkin/ifrit problem... will update our server/clients with new build when it's declared more stable. sorry for now it will only run on the original install.

lone satchels/demo charges right clicked from ammo crates disappear - you need to take 2 to get 1. if you left click and drag them then they are ok

taking weapons and kit from dead enemy (try binoculars!) - the MP experience for this is really awful at the moment.

no parachutes for HALO, support paradrops, reinforcements and AI recruits

what is working?

-MHQ/recon HQ remote spawning

-player rank system

-enemy base raiders

-main enemy base spawners including roaming helicopters

-capture officer

-radio tower placement (not sure if we can blow it up with only a demo charge)

-capture POW's

-city clear

-patched mando-hitch works really well

-patched R3F logistics works ok - towing and players moving items (like ammo crates) works really well

-briefing in map menu ok

-missilecam in KA60 is sweet

-weather ok

-T menu (U for people now? Teamswitch is the command) - mostly working -

-- can recruit AI (I had to patch this as parachutes don't spawn yet!)

-- options - view distance and grass modifier - be careful turning it up!

-- join squad dialog works fine

-- avoid support and assignments for now!

RPT file:

-lots of little bugs ironed out with missing marker textures (from A2 - A3 has no alpha versions like A2 did and doesn't recognise markers like"dot" needs "mil_dot" etc - massive pain)

-missing sound for the bis news fnc ( patched it with our own sound for now) at intro

main bugs to fix right now:

-tasks not called (yellow HUD marker at city)

-new city marker not moved

-awarding of points for clearing town appears to be negative! we all got jailed

-officer capture reward for player only not his group

-ammo crates won't keep gear menu open (seems to be related to how busy the server is?) at spawn area

-jail - can move about - should be disabled

-time synch is totally out

-T menu (U = Teamswitch) - couple of config bugs need ironing out and it looks ugly atm. some stringtable elements missing from A2.

-patched R3F logistics - for some reason it takes away 1 primaryweapon magazine when you load a mortar into a hunter ?? and the item does not disappear although transporting works ok

-ranked crates were failing at rejoin

-player markers fail on reconnect

-engineer and medic rewards

-occasional respawning in underwear or with grenade muzzle disabled (it's something to do with our way of implementing aerosons awesome script)

planned mission development

-check reinforcement delay works

-radio damage eventhandler for demo charges

-add save loadout at MHQ/recon HQ

-support and assignments in T menu

-add new A3 fuel stations to repair bay list

-bring in LHD (Aircraft carrier)

-add killcam back in to parameters

-add recruit AI to base only in parameters

-spy weapon loadout and functions

-revise my vehicle basic ammo/weapon cargo loader script

Edited by eggbeast

Played it last night - great performance increase. Love the new base location; we don't need no stinkin' airstrips, since no jets in A3A. :D

Thank you, EB.

target area rotation is

EGG_EVO_Townnames = ["STRATIS","AGIA MARINA","CAMP ROGAIN","KAMINO","HILL 225","OLD OUTPOST","AIR STATION MIKE","CAMP MAXWELL","GIRNA","CAMP TEMPEST","STRATIS AIRBASE"];

this is why i made the base in the underused north part of the island - otherwise no-one would ever go there!

also makes it possible for enemy frogmen to attack from the sea in a future development

Lo Egg ( Bill70) here lol ............. good game last night though Rock and I noticed the grey area job hadn't updated as well.... Ended up both of us bumbling around till we made " Contact" lol ..

Think I've found out why we were having problems when I was hosting as well ,, ruddy Windows updates had somehow switched itself to DL & Ins without my permission ,, Doh .... :confused:

Overall though I'm impressed with how wel Evo is working on Arma3 !! Good effort m8 !! thx for the time and effort you put into Evo !! ( think I speak for most of "peeps" here in saying that ;))

Love how this coming together in such short ammount of time. Found myself struggling to play a decent mission with decent fps with any ai up til now. Thanx Eg!

target area rotation is

EGG_EVO_Townnames = ["STRATIS","AGIA MARINA","CAMP ROGAIN","KAMINO","HILL 225","OLD OUTPOST","AIR STATION MIKE","CAMP MAXWELL","GIRNA","CAMP TEMPEST","STRATIS AIRBASE"];

this is why i made the base in the underused north part of the island - otherwise no-one would ever go there!

also makes it possible for enemy frogmen to attack from the sea in a future development

Ok, but is it possible to leave some ammo crates at the airbase, so as soon as it's cleared it can be used as the main base for the next missions? When they add airplanes, the actual base (north of the island) won't have a runway, so...

I played DayZ sometimes and I saw some players carrying the ammo crates around, putting them into the choppers etc... Is that possible to do here too? That would make a nice "mission", to move the northern base to the airbase... Anyway, great job!!!

Rick

Edited by Rickschaves

the ammo crates can be loaded into vehicles and moved, yes

i will add in the LHD aircraft carrier soon, this will likely be the airbase for Blufor as I kinda feel that we just don't have enough space on the little island for blufor to occupy the main city... it would mean all side missions etc would be fought in the sticks

1.1 update released - lots of fixes today

Yes I think, well should be... Press (T) ---> AI Recruit or something similar ?

yeah, only i think it may be "U" now for menu on A3... - whatever your Teamswitch is set to will call up the ingame Evolution support menu

I'm still working on it but as of 1.2 beta the recruitment function works perfectly (will put in parachutes and base-only spawn options later)

okay thanks. "U" key bring up the menu.

there is a bug tough. The Ai spawn at 0,0,0 , bottom left corner of the map

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

i see that in my dedicated RPT file :

[_grp] cal>

Error Type Any, expected Group

File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Stratis\scripts\EVO_Erec.sqf, line 163

Error in expression <t [(_outpoints select 3), 0];

[_grp, 4] setWaypointType "CYCLE";

};

[_grp] cal>

Error position: <setWaypointType "CYCLE";

};

[_grp] cal>

Error Type Any, expected Group

and last but not least, my inventory window close by itself, after 1-3 secs. i don't know why. gear menu too. tested with CBA ONLY

Edited by griffz

the AI were fixed in 1.2

the gear menu i'm going to look at - must be something to do with the rsctitles i think

the AI were fixed in 1.2

the gear menu i'm going to look at - must be something to do with the rsctitles i think

Just to make it even more confusing, this problem seems to go away after about 10 minutes or something.

Have to say that the intro is brilliant; I like the new base, rank structure appears to be working. The only issues that I can spot are: Grey map area doesn't update to current AO after airbase is taken & there's no Repair Truck at base - engineers can't construct FARPs. <-- Looks like Ifrit is the rep, couldn't find it tho.

What's the concurrent number of AI at any given time in version 1.1 (1.2)? Server performance went up by a lot, but I'm counting about 40-50 AI in the AO with Ka-60s included.

try playing on GITSmod = experimental parameter

it starts you with 1,000 points (so you can try out all the T menu arty etc) and there are only 10 enemy units and 2 vehicles (+4 AA vecs) in each city.

1.2 should have fixed the marker task/thing

gonna test it now

it seems town defender don't patrol . some go in search and destroy, after they heard shots, but before that they stand inside city , without any safe patrol .

could it be possible to make them patrol in "safe" mode ?

We have it running on our server and are having a blast. Thanks.

One thing. I was unable to tow any of our damaged vehicles with the Ka. They simply would not attach. Is this a known issue?

We have it running on our server and are having a blast. Thanks.

One thing. I was unable to tow any of our damaged vehicles with the Ka. They simply would not attach. Is this a known issue?

If a helis is damaged u can't lift vehicles least thats how it was in A2 if'n same script is being used. nvr tried to tow/lift a damaged vehicle though. Played thru 1st town earlier, could'nt find radio tower so think we just cleared it by killin all enemy in the AO. Grenades when u respawn show in inventory but u don't have access too them, u can un equipt an get more can't throw. Dunno if thats a ammo error or an arma3 ammo error. Also tried to call in ammo craate an it called it but it nvr showed up an thus locked me out of calling anything else as I still had'nt recieved the ammo crate.AKA only 1 support can be used at 1 time.

1.3 released

support menu much better - no more lockouts

grenade muzzle bug is usually only with officer and it does go away after a while

just drop and equip nade when it happens - aeroson is aware of it

mando hitch - localise the vehicle to be towed to the chopper (AND i also made it impossible to tow an occupied vehicle)

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

nuke test

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t247/eggbeast/a3nuke1_zpsc8558453.jpg