eggbeast

MP COOP GITS EVOLUTION - main thread

PM us or catch us in steam if you want to join our server mate - running 0.4 now

here's some bugs from today (arma not evo)

riding an ATV on day 1 of game release

arma3-1_zps2c3c3177.jpg

when another player with a different build connected - we ALL got seagulled lol

build_var_zps466e9288.jpg

Nice..yeah have only seen it once on my server kadus on new build-will upload on mine.

Have not tried the new Evo yet but I can report some similar general observations hosting other A3 games. PVP with no AI runs the best.Least chains ala Blitzkrieg( 750kb in size). PVP with 20 + ai Runs ok as long as they are not several players connecting and disconnecting. A locked server in this instance runs considerably well ala Urban Conquest which are only 1.5 mb in size. Stock Coop games generate several chains when players connect/ disconnect. I hope the planned server executable handles the net code a lot better then using current work around or else large scale/AI battles will not be as grand as Arma 2.

i wouldn't worry - it's likely to get fixed. just look what happened to dayZ - it started off so awful - 20 minute wait to get "something went wrong disconnect and try again" through to what it is now - perfect.

mission now has an Armaholic mirror (thanks Big!):

- [ALPHA] GITS Evolution Co-22

working on main mission core port today

current known areas of difficulty (to fix as we go)

engineer/medic reward points

engineer lock on "repair trucks"

better squad joining function

HALO chute action fails (massive lol)

prison - can move about on the little island in your underwear

T menu (disabled at the moment) needs some RSc titles work (can anyone help me with that?)

kit respawns slightly oddly (always lose my LAW rounds and grenade muzzle)

areas to develop

ka60 - want to add an eye camera cannon to copilot

import A2 stringtable

add R3F tow system

core mission - today's main dev activity

Keep up the hard work 8)-. I tried the Halo(at my own risk) an it worked perfectly. Just need to find out who packed my chute...splat lol.

Can the "Ring, ring, ring, ring - BANANA Phone!" (The sped up version) Song be added to the TK prison? :D

It was in the original Evo in Armed Assault. ;'D

Can the "Ring, ring, ring, ring - BANANA Phone!" (The sped up version) Song be added to the TK prison? :D

It was in the original Evo in Armed Assault. ;'D

I'm guessing you didn't test it yet!

update on todays progress so far

engineer lock fixed - repoair trucks changed to "ifrit unarmed"

weapon loadout fully working (using aeroson's great script) including officer grenade bug and save loadout now appears on ammo crates

jail fixed

base loadout tweaked (if playing unlocked it sets the weapons to high quality and full items, if playing locked it gives really basic stuff)

now, onto the core mission...

Edited by eggbeast

I'm guessing you didn't test it yet!

Ooooh. :D It is a surprise? Heh-heh.

Can't find a server with 0.4 running, may poke you guys for a password thru Steam later in the day.

My server has 0.4up n running was down most of yesterday. If it's locked just add me on steam @call9113840 as I'm going to keep it locked most of the time due to griefers.

Ooooh. :D It is a surprise? Heh-heh.

Can't find a server with 0.4 running, may poke you guys for a password thru Steam later in the day.

yeah no problem mate

Hi,

First of all, I'de like to say thanks. We appricate the work on this missiona nd loved the ones you did for Arma 2!

Just a few points/bugs with this mission though:

1. Issues with the FPS at spawn, cant get anymore than 25 fps despite having an awsome rig!

2. Mission does not work on devlopment version of the server - somthing must have changed in the update to break it!

Once again thanks, and looking forward to trying it out!

ah ok - maybe that's why we're becoming seagulls when BigPickle joined with the latest dev - have the classes or factions changed?

don't worry about FPS - the initial mission is over now and i'm working on the correct spawnlogic for enemies

you had a good 100+ AI against you in the first test mission with no group/dead body management.

Dorph;2332777']Any getting more than 20-25fps in this mission ?

Nope.

Server FPS goes straight to 10-15 on mission start - I've tried all of the possible setting combinations on Call911's dedicated server' date=' still poor performance.

EB, do mind that empty vehicles are also a great load on the CPU now with PhysX -> I further suggest removing the unnecessary bulk, leaving 2-4 helos & 3-5 Hunters at base.

---------- Post added at 02:45 ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 ----------

1. Issues with the FPS at spawn, cant get anymore than 25 fps despite having an awsome rig!

Yep, but that's not Evo-specific. Added strain of real-time physics simulation on old ArmA II engine is showing its disadvantages - multicore CPUs are being underutilised, even on dedicated servers.

Yeah for testing maybe til we get some optimization maybe no civie vehicles an 1-2 max on armor an helis like Pliskin said. have played all versions an still can't get over 10-15 in spawn than it fluctuates alil depending on where I'am etc an whats goin on around me.Also suggestion maybe get rig of the assault boats as all they mostly do is run in circles or get lost in the bay or beach boats on rocks. An TYTY for not adding a ton of them dreadful accurate gl soldiers omg they are mean, quite the change from ArmA2 GL soldiers 8)-

Hey Egg, do you mind if I use the rank system from your mission ?

hi , in you'r mission how many point to level up rank ? it is possible to change the require points ? where ? thanks a lot

hi , in you'r mission how many point to level up rank ? it is possible to change the require points ? where ? thanks a lot

Yes, in the parameters @ Lobby.

By default, rank goes up every 30 points, with Colonel being at 180.

Hey Egg, do you mind if I use the rank system from your mission ?
no go ahead mate it was written by kiljoy and BIS originally, no worries

---------- Post added at 06:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

v1.0 released - see top of post - main mission now on

R3F logistics - load items into vehicles, tow vehicles etc

mando-hitch - helicopter hitch system (with added eventhandling to stop catastrophic damage of vehicles in transit)

T menu in alpha - side missions and support options will likely fail for now - especially anything requiring a parachute

AI recruitment working

etc

core mission installed -

for each of 11 target zones

1. destroy radio tower to prevent reinforcements

2. capture enemy officer

3. clear city

4. capture POW's

most parameters working in server parameters

enjoy!

Yes much better stability on 1.0 way way better. I spawn with 40 ish fps a, it drops nearer the AO but nvr below 15-20 an for me that is much more playable considering b4 where i was barely scratchin 10-12 fps. Theres an issue with crate access disappearing after u bring up crate inv but it's not game breaker as u can resolve by clickin on a differnt crate. Kudos Eggbeast best release so far!

no go ahead mate it was written by kiljoy and BIS originally, no worries

Edit.. is anybody gettin game freeze or crashins now? not sure if it's mission or just A3A. Yeah i keep crashing now like 10-15 mins in, dunno if its game or mission causing the crashes

---------- Post added at 06:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

v1.0 released - see top of post - main mission now on

R3F logistics - load items into vehicles, tow vehicles etc

mando-hitch - helicopter hitch system (with added eventhandling to stop catastrophic damage of vehicles in transit)

T menu in alpha - side missions and support options will likely fail for now - especially anything requiring a parachute

AI recruitment working

etc

core mission installed -

for each of 11 target zones

1. destroy radio tower to prevent reinforcements

2. capture enemy officer

3. clear city

4. capture POW's

most parameters working in server parameters

enjoy!

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 PM ----------

Yes much better stability on 1.0 way way better. I spawn with 40 ish fps a, it drops nearer the AO but nvr below 15-20 an for me that is much more playable considering b4 where i was barely scratchin 10-12 fps. Theres an issue with crate access disappearing after u bring up crate inv but it's not game breaker as u can resolve by clickin on a differnt crate. Kudos Eggbeast best release so far!

Edit.. is anybody gettin game freeze or crashins now? not sure if it's mission or just A3A.

Edited by Call_911