eggbeast

MP COOP GITS EVOLUTION - main thread

Ran it for most of the nite on an actual server. Server stayed up all nite running this version. Tried on max ai in town an normal with normal being optimal. Ammo crates dont replenish ammo/weapon count(though not sure u implimented ammo crate re-filler). Save Weapons/mhq respawn/recon hq worked perfectly even the one I spawned under water inside the bay under water:cool:. We searched for radio tower an did'nt find any(not sure u implimented it).No town ring(marker) shown designated active town(not sure u impliment). Cheers an can't wait for more 8)-

thanks guys

1) Option to disable MHQ

2) Option to disable air drops

3) Option to disable artillery strikes (I edited a version of Evo long ago to include M109's that could be air lifted. Artillery support then took a team effort)

4) Option to make recruiting AI possible only at the base

5) An easy way to edit the score needed to unlock the next rank (for those of us who wish to increase the score needed between each rank)

6) Option to disable the ability of the engineer's FARP to magically repair & reload everything (aka - require the support trucks to be present at the FARP)

7) Option to lock enemy vehicles so friendlies cannot use them

you'll be pleased to know that all of these except 7 were implemented in our arma2 version in the server parameters system (thanks to Razor for his initial work on that)

I can add 7 no problem to this one

all in all we have about 20 parameters to play with - including enemy count, enemy respawn delay, air unit respawn time etc

the enemy count and core mission are not priorities right now, just trying to get all the functions working.

updated to v.0.3 today

player markers working

MHQ/reconHQ destroyed in water

teamkiller jail

spread out vehicles to stop secondary explosion chain reactions

better protection at ammo crates

removed grenades/satchels from first spawn loadout - to reduce griefing

intro page and music

MHQ can heal you

reduced enemy diver and group count a bit

reduced filesize by 100%

EB, m8 - with the amount of AI you put into the mission, it's barely playable atm. I just tested it on GITS server and counted 8 enemy AI boats in the first town, about 20 AI in total in the water alone plus 25-30 infantry in our own base, 150m from the airport. Server fps was 5-7 at mission start.

I suggest you lower the AI count and focus on all main Evo systems to ensure they work properly first.

I noticed you were in the server, IP. The server FPS at the time was a heady 6 FPS. I don't know why it's so low, other than the usual reasons that it's an aplha.

You are right, server FPS goes from 40 odd at mission start and within seconds is down at 5. It might not be the number of AI, we are going to continue tweaking both the mission and the server. When you joined the server, I had literally only had installed and created the server 40 minutes before and was still fiddling with settings.

*** EDIT *** Saw the respawn function...

I opened the server today to public test it and everybody was a little confused because the objectives were shown only on the intro page and nowhere else... Also the objectives could be shown on the map, like before...

Thank you very much for all the effort so far!

Rick

Edited by Rickschaves

I noticed you were in the server, IP. The server FPS at the time was a heady 6 FPS. I don't know why it's so low, other than the usual reasons that it's an aplha.

You are right, server FPS goes from 40 odd at mission start and within seconds is down at 5. It might not be the number of AI, we are going to continue tweaking both the mission and the server. When you joined the server, I had literally only had installed and created the server 40 minutes before and was still fiddling with settings.

It's definitely the extreme number of AI - I mean 10 PBX boats, 30 divers in the water alone in 0.2?

We had the same problems in Warfare CTI, number of AI is directly linked to server performance, which in turns limits client FPS! My suggestion still stands: let's test Evo main system only with minimal number of AI. Well, perhaps 2-3 Gunboats in the bay near Agia Marina could be okay.

Don't forget that in A3A the server has to calculate PhysX now as well.

Edited by Iroquois Pliskin

all in all we have about 20 parameters to play with - including enemy count, enemy respawn delay, air unit respawn time etc

updated to v.0.3 today

player markers working

teamkiller jail

intro page and music

MHQ can heal you

reduced filesize by 100%

Missed this post before my first reply to TB: OMG, yes! Thanks -- even at version 0.3 it's shaping up to be the True Evo. TK jail is awesome. :D

TY like this update expecially removing satchels from initial loadout, had a cpl accidental detonations an the whole spawn goes boom.

thanks guys

you'll be pleased to know that all of these except 7 were implemented in our arma2 version in the server parameters system (thanks to Razor for his initial work on that)

I can add 7 no problem to this one

the enemy count and core mission are not priorities right now, just trying to get all the functions working.

updated to v.0.3 today

player markers working

MHQ/reconHQ destroyed in water

teamkiller jail

intro page and music

MHQ can heal you

reduced filesize by 100%

---------- Post added at 10:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

Apparently theres issues with ai causing fps loss"Co-op missions and certain AI instructions in Alpha currently can reduce a server to 1-2 FPS with 0 clients on, and only a few AI.

PVP Missions seem to perform quite well for an Alpha.

That was posted as Alert from Jestservers

good to know

remember guys - the CORE mission - taking down the tower, tcity, capture officer HAS NOT yet been implemented.

The objective at the moment is to hunt and kill enemies and enjoy the functions all working/road test them...

Apparently theres issues with ai causing fps loss"Co-op missions and certain AI instructions in Alpha currently can reduce a server to 1-2 FPS with 0 clients on, and only a few AI.

Always been like that, even moreso in ArmA III with PhysX being calculated on server CPU.

There are 2-3 main threads with at least 10 pages each on these forums about CPU underutilisation/multicore/physics/ai performance woes.

in arma2 our last punt at evolution on taviana with RHS armour and about 1000 modded weapons enabled:

enemy count is like:

BIS_EVO_Infantry = [[80,68],[82,72],[94,84],[94,84],[106,84],[106,86],[118,90],[118,96],[118,102],[118,112],[124,120]];//[Actual number of groups,Base number of groups]

BIS_EVO_Mechanized = [[15,8],[15,9],[17,10],[17,11],[18,12],[18,13],[19,14],[21,15],[21,17],[23,18],[23,20]];//[Actual number of groups,Base number of groups]

squad sizes of 12-15 and each vehicle in the count above is set to max cargosoldiers, so trucks have driver and 12 men, BMP2 has 6 men in it etc

we also run it with about 20 enemy aircraft flying about - with hinds/ hips full of 6/12 infantry too... and NO LAG at all... in taviana main cities

so i guess it's not our mission!

but i do agree we want the mission to run smoothly in testing! :)

Yeah any gits version I ran decently on both ArmA2 an ArmA2 OA with max AI setting etc so it's def an ai issue i'm sure BI is on top of it, good to sort it now than later at full release.:bounce3: maybe my AMD Phenom IIx4.955 processor (4cpu's) @ 3.20 ghz 4 gig with nVidia GTS450(crap) is'nt the whole culpert as i drop to 10-15 fps, opening the editor an flying around at launch i was getting 60-70 fps over water an 35ish over land with1920x1024 on normal no ai. Than started playing the Escape from Stratis on 1st day an started to notice the fps loss an have reset to 1024x768 on low cept shadows on high @ 1500 view distancetried tweaking settings ever since.

Edited by Call_911

EB... every one of those entities has a physics component attached to it now, which wasn't in ArmA II. :) I know the perf of ArmA II evo/domi/warfare - ran brilliantly with a million AI.

We have to adapt for the time being.

Good to know, thanks for that.

Loaded it on my server an everything went ok til intial reciviving file than it stopped than server crashed. Will update...still troubleshooting. Ran fine on client.

OMFG!

Evolution in Arma 3?

Thanks eggbeast!

:yay::yay::yay::yay:

:yay::yay::yay::yay:

Edited by Alistair

Gonna remove 0.3 version an wait for later version to try. :cool:

ok well i'm split today about what to work on first - think i'll fix the global action on the mash/mhq first then implement the rank and then place in the core mission (which is a full days work and probably 5 days debugging!)

i'm thinking for the core mission of making the base somewhere remote and then circling the island via:

little port in SW

airbase

big marina

camps around the island

pickiing up on pliskins comments... will set the squad count to 6 for now to reduce AI count and will set the AI base level quite low (30% of evo in A2)

we tested v3 last night on locked server with 5 of us and had no lag at all, so it's something to do with AI count AND players joining over and over i think.

our server has been mobbed by people joining, disconnecting, joining, disconnecting and not sure why.

Edited by eggbeast

i'm thinking for the core mission of making the base somewhere remote and then circling the island via:

little port in SW

airbase

big marina

camps around the island

Hmm... little port SW - Girna? Camp Tempest could serve as a target - it's a compound w/ a mini-marina, then Mike 26 radar station, camp Rogain North of it on a very flat hill, Agia Marina of course... What else? Maxwell is completely surrounded by trees - could be a CQB encounter?

Can you place custom structures/bunkers around the map like, say, in Warfare? You could build up some fort in the open field.

Rank structure as priority would be great!

nice tips IP - gonna grab a tea and a heli anddo some exploring in a few mins

will keep this page open and use as a travel guide - i haven't been out of airbase/marina yet!

ok well i'm split today about what to work on first - think i'll fix the global action on the mash/mhq first then implement the rank and then place in the core mission (which is a full days work and probably 5 days debugging!)

little port in SW

airbase

big marina

camps around the island

pickiing up on pliskins comments... will set the squad count to 6 for now to reduce AI count and will set the AI base level quite low (30% of evo in A2)

we tested v3 last night on locked server with 5 of us and had no lag at all, so it's something to do with AI count AND players joining over and over i think.

our server has been mobbed by people joining, disconnecting, joining, disconnecting and not sure why.

Yeah dunno why version 0.3 crashed upon recieving mission file may try it again. Look forward to more 8)-

Yeah dunno why version 0.3 crashed upon recieving mission file may try it again. Look forward to more 8)-

it's probably that darn boonie hat causing the missing paa error lol

that's gone as of today

From what I could see by looking at the server box stats, halving the mission file size was a big benefit. When we tried 0.2, we had a constant churn of players joining an open server that was nearly full and they all had to drag 10MB mission file. That was part of the problem I'm sure, so passwording the server has prevented the randoms joining, getting the big mission file, crashing a helo/chucking grenades while trying to get in the ammo box then quitting.

I'm going to ask you to add a line into the mission that reports the server FPS to the RPT at 10 second intervals so I can keep an eye on performance even if I'm not there.

ok sounds good

V4 added - see first post

globalised heal actions on MHQ and MASH's

Rank system implemented for ammo crates and vehicles (default is 30 points per rank)

pilots can access choppers from the start unless parameter set to 150 points.

Player squad join system - use action on recon HQ made by officer class - this is temporary

HALO - experimental HALO function - use at your own risk!

improved Jail and spawn loadout

missile cameras for helis with missiles

Engineer can lock repair trucks (HMG hunter)

engineer and medic should score points for healing/fixing

tomorrow I will put in the main mission!