Sign in to follow this  
Spaceman0372

MARPAT Request

Could anyone possibly re-skin the MTP uniforms to be desert MARPAT and the plate carriers to be coyote brown so we have some MARSOC guys? I'd be greatful for life.

Not just a possibility. It's going to happen. Not by me, though.

Soon there'll be one floating around, I'm sure of it.

Edited by AlexVestin

It's a possibility.
Oh lawdy I'd be pumped if you did one Bink. It's pretty much a guarantee of great quality haha

I am sure it will happen in time. Especially now that people can just release the camouflage themselves. I am hoping to just see a giant pack add-on that just has a multitude of different camouflages.

I can't wait to see what all comes out soon.

Edited by The Spaceman

I was messing around with making some MARPAT replacements today.

Although I'm not sure how you would go around making a separate camouflage pattern for all.

I could definitely work on a replacement pack for the MTP though. Not sure the best way to go around doing it when people suggest making a full camo set instead of replacements.

Just might be worth waiting for someone more experienced in the skinning area to do what you want properly.

Edited by mycatsaid

I was messing around with making some MARPAT replacements today.

Although I'm not sure how you would go around making a separate camouflage pattern for all.

I could definitely work on a replacement pack for the MTP though. Not sure the best way to go around doing it when people suggest making a full camo set instead of replacements.

Just might be worth waiting for someone more experienced in the skinning area to do what you want properly.

I'd very much be okay with (and I'm sure a lot of other Devil Dogs out there would be too) a replacement for the MTP if you're up for it!

I'd very much be okay with (and I'm sure a lot of other Devil Dogs out there would be too) a replacement for the MTP if you're up for it!

I'll see what I can do.

I'm good with re-texturing and stuff in PS but when it comes to getting it in the game I'm not so sure.

If anyone else can do it better/faster then go ahead! I'm sure there is someone else busy with this already.

Edited by mycatsaid

Stupid question, Scarecrow... how in the first place did you get your hands on the A3 textures? Does cpbo work? I tried to open one of the pbo's yesterday and failed...

Stupid question, Scarecrow... how in the first place did you get your hands on the A3 textures? Does cpbo work? I tried to open one of the pbo's yesterday and failed...

You can extract the character_f pbo with Eliteness.

Crow would you be able to explain how you managed to get the reskinned textures to work? I've been working on a desert MARPAT.

You can extract the character_f pbo with Eliteness.

Crow would you be able to explain how you managed to get the reskinned textures to work? I've been working on a desert MARPAT.

I'm working with a pieced together and edited config that isn't working as i hoped, i'll pm you the files.

Yea, cPBO failed for me too, Eliteness (and the depbo.dll) seems to work fine though

https://dev-heaven.net/projects/52/wiki/Eliteness

Right, figured out the Config, seems to be working fine now.

I haven't found anyway to make it a wearable item, only a base unit like A2 units, i think someone mentioned a issue with selections somewere.

From going through the frustration myself I figured someone would use this online at some point so i created a key for the admins out there.

Not exactly perfect but i'm not exactly experienced either :P

il54Asm4wZKmW.jpg

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzyD2JXT-96rWFZtUGdaZHNqT3c/edit?usp=sharing

Edit: Oh, yea, i realize they're in Independent, there's a bug with Blufor screwing the textures, until then, lets just say the USMC took over Australia in 2028 by hostile force and has been considered Independent by NATO since :D

Edited by Scarecrow398

Looking good, I can't wait to see more of these!

Check the combat photo thread, in case you missed it.

Check the combat photo thread, in case you missed it.
Oh lawdy, should have expected Sabre to be busy this fast lol

Nice one Scarecrow398, i checked the configs and added some stuff to make it a working "item" uniform..

add this to cfgWeapons

class UniformItem;

class ItemInfo;

class Uniform_Base;

class CRW_CombatUniform_marpat : Uniform_Base {

scope = 2;

displayName = "Marpat Uniform";

picture = "\A3\characters_f\data\ui\icon_U_B_CombatUniform_mcam_ca.paa";

model = "\A3\Characters_F\Common\Suitpacks\suitpack_blufor_diver";

class ItemInfo : UniformItem {

uniformModel = "-";

uniformClass = "CRW_Soldier01";

containerClass = "Supply20";

mass = 80;

};

};

you might want to make custom picture for it to so it looks like marpat uniform in the itemslot :)

and change the soldiers uniformclass to

uniformClass = "CRW_CombatUniform_marpat";

Nice one Scarecrow398, i checked the configs and added some stuff to make it a working "item" uniform..

add this to cfgWeapons

//snip

I think i love you :D

Prepare for a flood of PM's when ever i get stuck on configing :P

Any idea how to make it so there's a visable model when on the ground? atm its invisible.

Also, there's a extra space in the picture name :P

To everyone else, i'll work on a logo and such then update the above post.

Edited by Scarecrow398

is it really invicible? isnt it a green square cammo diver suit model on the ground?

basicly the

picture = "\A3\characters_f\data\ui\icon_U_B_CombatUniform_m cam_ca.paa";

model = "\A3\Characters_F\Common\Suitpacks\suitpack_blufor _diver";

in the uniform config is what tells you the model it uses and what picture it shows in the gear menu..

and as default all use the same model.. bluefor diver, so should be that.

is it really invicible? isnt it a green square cammo diver suit model on the ground?

basicly the

picture = "\A3\characters_f\data\ui\icon_U_B_CombatUniform_m cam_ca.paa";

model = "\A3\Characters_F\Common\Suitpacks\suitpack_blufor _diver";

in the uniform config is what tells you the model it uses and what picture it shows in the gear menu..

and as default all use the same model.. bluefor diver, so should be that.

Are you using unique characters? perhaps swedish letters? there's extra space's marked with a upward arrow

picture = "\A3\characters_f\data\ui\icon_U_B_CombatUniform_m^cam_ca.paa";

model = "\A3\Characters_F\Common\Suitpacks\suitpack_blufor^_diver";

hmm.. not sure why there are spaces there to be honest.. but looking directly at my config there should not be any spaces :)

but for some reason seems like forums add them, there are no spaces when i type here but when i post it adds it it seems.

hmm.. not sure why there are spaces there to be honest.. but looking directly at my config there should not be any spaces :)

but for some reason seems like forums add them, there are no spaces when i type here but when i post it adds it it seems.

vBullitin is plotting against you, haha, thanks again, works a treat now. :)